• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bob Woodward's New Book - Fear: Trump in the White House

The federal government she left with a surplus and declining debt the first time she was in the White House? An argument that is a hypothetical what might have been isn’t an argument at all.

She? LOL.

You mean the economy left after Bill Clinton's tax hikes nearly ruined the economy ( President Clinton said: "Probably there are people in this room still mad at me at that budget because you think I raised your taxes too much. It might surprise you to know that I think I raised them too much, too.") and caused Dems to lose Congress, and Newt Gingrich and the GOP forced him into a balanced budget and capital gains tax cuts, capped estate taxes, and thank goodness helped scrap Hil's disastrous plans for a government takeover of healthcare?

What always disturbed me about our modern press is twofold...

First a very select few media conglomerates have been allowed to hold way too many news sources

Secondly there really isn’t any penalty for making **** up, or outright manipulating the truth one way or the other... yes the press should be free, but only if it is unbiasedly reporting everything equally... if its acting as a political advocate first and foremost it needs to be held to different standards

And what policies did she install that lead to that successful reign?

I'm thinking he might have gotten hit on the head recently. What policies exactly did she enact in the White House?

And Troglodyte, a simple question, do you think Hillary Clinton as President would be good for this country?

Consider some statistics:

Only 7% of journalists identify as Republicans.

In 2016, more than half of all publishing jobs were located in counties that Clinton won by 30 points or more.

Nearly 90% of all internet publishing employees work in a county that Clinton won, 75% of them work in a county that Clinton won by 30 or more points.

The people who report the news are not demographically representative of the people of this country. It's impossible that bias doesn't come into play.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/s...bubble-real-journalism-jobs-east-coast-215048

If Hellary had won the companies that make ***** hats wouldn't have had very good sales last year.

She? LOL.

You mean the economy left after Bill Clinton's tax hikes nearly ruined the economy ( President Clinton said: "Probably there are people in this room still mad at me at that budget because you think I raised your taxes too much. It might surprise you to know that I think I raised them too much, too.") and caused Dems to lose Congress, and Newt Gingrich and the GOP forced him into a balanced budget and capital gains tax cuts, capped estate taxes, and thank goodness helped scrap Hil's disastrous plans for a government takeover of healthcare?

So when the National Debt as a percent of GDP was HALF of what it is now, and per capital health insurance costs were HALF of what they are now (in current dollars no less) and she was trying to pro-actively do something about it, that is when things were bad?

So when the National Debt as a percent of GDP was HALF of what it is now, and per capital health insurance costs were HALF of what they are now (in current dollars no less) and she was trying to pro-actively do something about it, that is when things were bad?

You can't re-write history. Kankles was part of the regime that doubled our national debt.

Yes, she was proactively trying to inflate both of those with that Hillarycare ****.

You keep going back to the deficit, but this is fake outrage when you didn't stand on your soapbox during Obama and have the same opinions.

And if there is one thing many of us Trump supporters on Steeler Nation have one criticism of during Trump's first 18 months is the Ominbus spending package approved in March/April. I didn't like it. Many here didn't like it. It had too much pork and not enough cuts. It's the only thing I really didn't like so far in this administration so far (everything else to complain about is pretty much superfluous).

I am hoping that future spending bills from Congress (if the Republicans maintain a majority) show some more restraint than they did in spring. And I certainly hope (and believe) Trump vetoes them if they don't.

You mean before Obama came in and sent the debt and health insurance premiums soaring?

Step right up and place your bets. Something tells me it 's Nikki Haley, which would be a punch to the gut for the Trump base. In fact that would trigger full-on meltdowns across the board, as in this board. My other guess would be either Pompeo, Mattis or Kelly or someone connected to them.

Bookies place odds on anonymous White House official

Vice President Mike Pence – and “the field” – lead offshore bookmaking picks as the White House mole behind the anonymous bombshell New York Times op-ed blasting President Trump.

Pence was listed at 2-to-3 odds on the site MyBookie as the fifth column official who claims to be working behind the scenes to stop some of Trump’s policies that they find wrongheaded.

The biggest favorite, at 1-3 odds, is “the field,” someone not listed among the 18 administration officials listed by the Costa Rica-based operation.

At 2-to-3 odds, a winning bettor investing $1 would profit 66 cents. At 1-to-3, a gambler wagering $1 would net 33 cents with a win.

“What tipped us off was ‘lodestar,’ “ MyBookie head oddsmaker David Strauss said of Pence. “When you search members of the administration (who have used that word) only one name comes up – and that name is Mike Pence. He’s used in multiple speeches this year.”

The other 17 named potential moles, listed by MyBookie, are: Education Secretary Betsy Devos (2-to-1), Secretary of State Mike Pompeo (4-to-1), Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin (4-to-1), chief of staff John F. Kelly (4-to-1), Defense Secretary Jim Mattis (5-to-1), Attorney General Jeff Sessions (5-to-1), Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke (6-to-1), Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue (6-to-1), Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross (7-to-1) Labor Secretary Alex Acosta (7-to-1), HHS Secretary Alex Azar (8-to-1), HUD Secretary Ben Carson (8-to-1), VA Secretary Robert Wilkie (8-to-1), Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen (10-to-1), Ivanka Trump (12-to-1) and Jared Kushner (12-to-1).

Hours after MyBookie posted numbers, Canada-based Bovada issued its own Trump-leak odds and listed embatted AG Sessions as its favorite at 5-to-2.

He was followed by Pence (3-to-1), Kelly (4-to-1), Mattis (4-to-1), UN Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley (10-to-1), “Javanka” (15-to-1), Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats (15-to-1), White House counsel Don McGahn (15-to-1), Melania Trump (50-to-1) and White House counselor Kellyanne Conway (50-to-1).

Bovada listed President Trump, himself, as the potential mole and Times writer at 25-to-1.

The site didn’t list a “field” option, and the bet is only good if the Times confirms its source by Dec. 31, 2020.

<iframe allowfullscreen="" src="//players.brightcove.net/4137224153001/ed38fae1-4db1-4308-8095-399a04010bc1_default/index.html?videoId=5831555262001" width="618" height="348" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Bovada listed President Trump, himself, as the potential mole and Times writer at 25-to-1.

:pound:

giphy.gif

What proof do we have that some the op ed writer even works in the WH, or has any ties to Trump at all? This wouldn't be the first time that the NYT has run with unverified stories.

My odds are even that no one with a right mind gives a ****. This just the next big gotcha story that doesn't amount to ****. If it is such a big deal put your damn name to it and save the US.

It's bullshit by some writer who heard **** third hand and/or made **** up. Trying to do forensic analysis? "Lodestar"? It would take me ten minutes to find words and patterns from someone and build them into the bullshit.

My odds are even that no one with a right mind gives a ****. This just the next big gotcha story that doesn't amount to ****. If it is such a big deal put your damn name to it and save the US.
I'd tend to agree but kinda strange Trump's basically got the WH on lockdown, threatening using lie detectors and crap with Jared & Ivanka leading the hunt. Awfully wierd behavior, all for a random, anonymous op-ed that's supposedly bullshit anyway. Why the panic? That's pretty much the keyphrase for the whole Trump presidency, all his tweets and speeches. Why the constant ******* panic?

Why the constant ******* panic?

You wouldn't think it serious to have someone in your office trying to subvert you? What CEO would put up with that in their company?
It can be a national security issue. Didn't someone report on a phone conversation with a foreign leader some time back?

I'd tend to agree but kinda strange Trump's basically got the WH on lockdown, threatening using lie detectors and crap with Jared & Ivanka leading the hunt. Awfully wierd behavior, all for a random, anonymous op-ed that's supposedly bullshit anyway. Why the panic? That's pretty much the keyphrase for the whole Trump presidency, all his tweets and speeches. Why the constant ******* panic?

Because these fools are circling the toilet, he is being opposed from garbage on both sides. These fat cat politicians are seeing the end to the free ride. The guy 14 days in jail today. Wow Mueller spent a million per day for the conviction. As soon as this farce is over we are going to see all of the people responsible brought to light. But until then on to the next big gotcha story. Oh yeah can't wait till 9/20 , Trump will seat his 2nd Supreme Court Justice. Hopefully his 2nd of 4 in his 2 terms. The winning never get's old.

You are president...you find out one of your senior officials is lying to your face daily and is secretly trying to thwart you rather than help you. They even go to the press behind your back and trash you. But you don't know who it is.

You're good with this? You're just gonna ignore it and let them keep on working with you day after day and not even try to find out who it is?

Come on man.

You are president...you find out one of your senior officials is lying to your face daily and is secretly trying to thwart you rather than help you. They even go to the press behind your back and trash you. But you don't know who it is.

You're good with this? You're just gonna ignore it and let them keep on working with you day after day and not even try to find out who it is?

Come on man.

Had this happened to Obama, his tune would be wildly different. He knows it, you know it, I know it.

He'd be using our talking points - how it is treasonous and detrimental to the country and the traitor should be found by any means necessary to protect the Republic.

What CEO would put up with that in their company?
You're just gonna ignore it and let them keep on working with you day after day and not even try to find out who it is? Come on man.

Ahem, my response was to this post by Davenport, who seems to be suggesting the whole Op-Ed is a sham not even written by someone in the WH.

It's bullshit by some writer who heard **** third hand and/or made **** up. Trying to do forensic analysis? "Lodestar"? It would take me ten minutes to find words and patterns from someone and build them into the bullshit.