• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

BOOM! ESPN Outside The Lines on the Pats**

It's well documented that Bonds started juicing after the home run battle between Sosa, and McGuire. At that point, he was already a first ballot hall of famer. Same with Clemens. The others were juicing all along.

There's that, plus as hard as it is to admit it I think the Pats** would be a very good team even without cheating. You don't NEED to tamper with your footballs to beat Indy 45-7. With legit footballs maybe they win 31-7. Or like the O.J. case where I think the cops framed a guilty man.

That's the thing, if Rog had handled it properly from the beginning things would be healed up by now. As we said here at the time, it had to be really bad to destroy the evidence and stonewall the Federal government.
I don't know if the Pats** are really Rog's favorite team but they do have a huge fan base and one of the largest media markets. You think Rog would cover things up if it was Carolina or Jacksonville cheating?

The coverup is always the problem. If Joepa had publicly fired Sandusky, and called for his head, it would have been an embarrassment for Penn State, but it would have soon blown over. Instead, Joepa's legacy is ruined, and the program he built is in shambles. Roger should have brought the hammer down when the cheating came to light. Yeah, the league would have been damaged, but not worse than it is now by the festering sore that is the Cheatriots. The Saints got nailed to the wall for far less.

bill also cheated on his wife. IJS its a pattern of lack of integrity and boundaries.

Nobody seems to remember that the "coaching genius" flat out sucked in Cleveland. There, he had one winning season in five. Comes to NE, wins 3 SB's his first 5 years, and had had one losing season, and that was his first season. I mean hell, Matt Cassel put up pretty good numbers the year Brady blew his knee out. 2008 I think. Strangely, Cassel has pretty much sucked every where else he has played. Genius is easy when you know what the other team is doing.

You missed my wish of moving the *'s to Cleveland on page 3...

Just think about the fact that the Cheats almost never fumble. Turnovers are such a crucial part of the game. What if Mendy was carrying a soft, underinflated football vs Green Bay? We might have a 7th trophy in the case.

Please don't bring up SB45. Damn we had momentum going that game too. Kinda wish Mendenhall was carrying a deflated ball

:(

I have respect for that Green Bay organization though

There's that, plus as hard as it is to admit it I think the Pats** would be a very good team even without cheating. You don't NEED to tamper with your footballs to beat Indy 45-7. With legit footballs maybe they win 31-7. Or like the O.J. case where I think the cops framed a guilty man.

Unless you ALSO know their plays. :ambivalence:

Please don't bring up SB45. Damn we had momentum going that game too. Kinda wish Mendenhall was carrying a deflated ball

:(

I have respect for that Green Bay organization though

The fullback let mendy get crushed by two linebackers when he whiffed on his assignment, as usual.

This whole Spygate thing, NFL coaches, all of them, are largely to blame. Because coaches today have to exercise so much control over everything, it sets up a situation in which this crap can happen. For example, if NFL coaches didn't have to control everything and let the QBs call their own plays, nobody could steal any signals. Let the smartest LB on the team call the defenses, like Lambert did quite a bit. Again, no signals getting stolen.

Another thing is the Martz and the Rams in the SB. They have stated that they put in a special play on the goal line, and were perplexed when the Patriots had "3 guys covering Marshall Faulk." How did the Pats know that? A couple of things here. You have a team that also has Issac Bruce and Torry Holt with Kurt Warner throwing the ball, and the only option on the play is Faulk. No other options? Somebody had to be open you would think if 3 guys go to Faulk. The other thing is basic Football 101. Run many different plays out of the same formation and personnel grouping. The Pats could have taped all day and not known what play was coming if it was out of a common formation and personnel group.

The Steelers didn't change their signals all year? How stupid is that?

The point is that the Pats are cheating scums, but they could not have done it without pure incompetence/stupidity of other teams and the fact that these coaches have to control everything.

This whole Spygate thing, NFL coaches, all of them, are largely to blame. Because coaches today have to exercise so much control over everything, it sets up a situation in which this crap can happen. For example, if NFL coaches didn't have to control everything and let the QBs call their own plays, nobody could steal any signals. Let the smartest LB on the team call the defenses, like Lambert did quite a bit. Again, no signals getting stolen.

Another thing is the Martz and the Rams in the SB. They have stated that they put in a special play on the goal line, and were perplexed when the Patriots had "3 guys covering Marshall Faulk." How did the Pats know that? A couple of things here. You have a team that also has Issac Bruce and Torry Holt with Kurt Warner throwing the ball, and the only option on the play is Faulk. No other options? Somebody had to be open you would think if 3 guys go to Faulk. The other thing is basic Football 101. Run many different plays out of the same formation and personnel grouping. The Pats could have taped all day and not known what play was coming if it was out of a common formation and personnel group.

The point is that the Pats are cheating scums, but they could not have done it without pure incompetence/stupidity of other teams and the fact that these coaches have to control everything.

The teams shouldn't have to worry about running different things because of the pats**** cheating. Yes, it would be nice if Ben could call his own plays but why should the Steelers and other teams have to limit their entire offense just because of the filthy cheating lying scumbags from NE*****?

I agree about the coaches controlling everything.

I just had some asshat on facebook tell me Im not a "real fan" because I have very little interest in tomorrow. A "real fan" wouldnt quit watching for "no reason". Im assuming that person is a Pats fan.

Im so sick of this "real fan" ****. **** that. The Steelers dont pay me a ******* dime to watch this game. I have been a life long fan and I madly love the game. Maybe Im getting bitchier as Im getting older, but I find this need to "prove" you are a 'real fan' rather juvenile and quite frankly, ******* retarded.

I look at it like this. I dated a guy once who I adored, cherised and loved. But his mom was such a controlling *****, I just knew I had to walk away because her behavior was continually down played, irgnored and excused.

Love the Steelers, hate the league. Just feels to WWF anymore.

Reactions: GMC
Id also like to note that as Im watching Hard Knocks Im watching OB and Vrabel with a stank face. They are cheaters too. Period. Watched for JJ Watt, but we'll see what kind of fuckery OB drums up in HTown.

David Johnson was the fullback at the time right? I don't want to remember too much

I just had some asshat on facebook tell me Im not a "real fan" because I have very little interest in tomorrow. A "real fan" wouldnt quit watching for "no reason". Im assuming that person is a Pats fan.

Im so sick of this "real fan" ****. **** that. The Steelers dont pay me a ******* dime to watch this game. I have been a life long fan and I madly love the game. Maybe Im getting bitchier as Im getting older, but I find this need to "prove" you are a 'real fan' rather juvenile and quite frankly, ******* retarded.

I look at it like this. I dated a guy once who I adored, cherised and loved. But his mom was such a controlling *****, I just knew I had to walk away because her behavior was continually down played, irgnored and excused.

Love the Steelers, hate the league. Just feels to WWF anymore.

I can relate to you on that. I will watch. But if we start getting blown out. Not sticking around on sinking ship until next week against the 49ers

Yeah the "true fan" stuff gets on my nerves too. "True fans don't criticize the players or coaches," "True fans wear black and gold every day." "True fans don't root for other teams."

No.

True fans can't see Tomlin runninh this organization into the ground

I can relate to you on that. I will watch. But if we start getting blown out. Not sticking around on sinking ship until next week against the 49ers

I can sit through just about any other game when the Steelers are losing but the Cheatriots I cant stomach.

I can just imagine the orgasm NBC will have over Brady beating the suspension and if they do win the game Chris Collinsworth will probably get caught masturbating with a Brady bobblehead doll with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter.....

Yeah the "true fan" stuff gets on my nerves too. "True fans don't criticize the players or coaches," "True fans wear black and gold every day." "True fans don't root for other teams."

No.

These "true fan" people tat need to define what a true fan is, have insecurities about themselves. A confident Fan needs not define anything. (a REAL true fan).

Salute the nation

I think it's asking Alot to change signals and prepare a gameplan in a week.. The Patriots are just cheating scumbags.

I can sit through just about any other game when the Steelers are losing but the Cheatriots I cant stomach.

I can just imagine the orgasm NBC will have over Brady beating the suspension and if they do win the game Chris Collinsworth will probably get caught masturbating with a Brady bobblehead doll with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter.....

Lol. No kidding!

True fans can't see Tomlin runninh this organization into the ground

If you see that your true fandom will be put to the test. You know, since he isn't going anywhere for a long *** time.

would be nice to have Reporter Wig interview Belicheck, Goodell, Kraft and Brady.

As much as I would like to do this, I believe the interview would begin and end with Wig bludgeoning the interviewees heads in with a large wooden mallet.

There would be very little dialog...

One of the things that annoys me about the Patriots has to do with SB XL. For all the crap that Steelers fans have had to listen to, and trust me it wasn't just from Seahawks fans, Patriots have gotten, and are still given a pass. Deliberate cheating = ho-hum, but a few questionable calls = "THE FIX IS IN!"