• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Caleb Williams wants Ownership stake

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Its being reported that he is demanding an ownership stake in whatever team drafts him.

This is directly because thanks to NIL, he doesn’t need to jump early to the NFL and get paid.. so he is threatening to just stay in college..

The NFL needs a bylaw right now preventing ownership to be included in any contracts…

What an absurd, egotistical, entitled ask…

I hope he stays in college and ends up a second round pick in 2025…

Every job dealing with this now. I can’t hire employees without being asked about profit sharing. None of the little ******** are gonna help me make payroll or pay bank loans during a slow period though are they? ******* kids…..

Every job dealing with this now. I can’t hire employees without being asked about profit sharing. None of the little ******** are gonna help me make payroll or pay bank loans during a slow period though are they? ******* kids…..

The NFL is already built on profit sharing… the players get a mandatory X amount of revenue and have extremely high minimum wages set for them… ownership stakes are overboard

That guys delusional. I'd steer clear of him like a plague. He's already stated the teams he will play for as well. Dude stay in school until you run out of eligibility.
Most guys who go number 1 overall never live up to their expectations… whoever gets that pick should always look to trade down … two or three premium picks just gives you better odds of getting a real superstar…

Its being reported that he is demanding an ownership stake in whatever team drafts him.

This is directly because thanks to NIL, he doesn’t need to jump early to the NFL and get paid.. so he is threatening to just stay in college..

The NFL needs a bylaw right now preventing ownership to be included in any contracts…

I think he took one too many hits last Saturday.. 😁

Drake Maye be like

I19J.gif

The only time I've really paid any attention to him is when they're playing ND. But, from what I've seen, I wouldn't waste a first rounder on him let alone even think about this ridiculousness.

If true, his draft just tanked.

Stains, Bungles and Jags are set, Dan Snyder is gone. Who else is that stupid?

I saw some reports earlier this year that Williams didn't want to go to one or more of the top teams in contention for the first pick. Either way, no way a team gives up ownership stake. Regarding the NIL, he'll make good money going back to USC or whatever boosters group wants to pay him, but a QB should want to get to the NFL and a year closer to that second contract as soon as possible. Not worth an injury risk in college, IMO.

I saw some reports earlier this year that Williams didn't want to go to one or more of the top teams in contention for the first pick. Either way, no way a team gives up ownership stake. Regarding the NIL, he'll make good money going back to USC or whatever boosters group wants to pay him, but a QB should want to get to the NFL and a year closer to that second contract as soon as possible. Not worth an injury risk in college, IMO.
Thats what is going to happen to one of these surefire top 5 guys who opts to stay in College and just get the NIL money… they are gonna get an arm or leg wrecked and be worthless

So apparently the League already blocked this action earlier this year… an active player may not own a part of a team. Aaron Rodgers was pursuing it as well…

But perusing some other fansites, seems the guy has a lot of red flags on work ethic and egotistical tendencies… probably going to hurt him in the draft

Take no pay. Commit to the team for 15 years. And, get $100 worth of the company now. He gets whatever that $100 is worth in 15 years.

This dude is a complete narcissist and you can only hope he has a ****** career especially if some team is dumb enough to cave to his demands.

Starts asking for ownership immediately after throwing three pics on National tv..

Who's giving him advice?
Someone is either not giving him advice or yeah time to listen to someone new.

Can’t imagine that that wouldn’t violate the salary cap, or at least the spirit of it. He could accept ownership stake in lieu of salary.

Would you want to own a piece of the Browns? I'll take the cash please. How are you suppose to valuation for cap purpose. F'off.

Nah, I want the Browns to draft him so he is stuck in the Cleveland forever.

But in reality he is a very good college QB. So was Ty Detmer. He won't be a very good professional QB. If a team drafts him and gives him ownership they are just stupid. NIL has really screwed the NFL as the rookie salary cap makes guys just stay in college for the money. Between the NIL and transfer portal the NCAA is kinda screwed. It won't be long before the LeBron mentality takes over.

From what I understand an active player can't have ownership in the team anyway.

He's going to cost himself a lot of money if he stays this course.

Yeah there are a lot is issues with a player being part owner. If the player got traded that would be a huge conflict. I think it would be funny if no one drafted him. Let him get a real job see how much he makes there

Really. Sorry to hear that. I know good help is almost impossible to fine. Glad I got out.