• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Chickillo, the unknown quality among our OLB pass rush.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
The state of our OLB's is thus:

Dupree hit the rookie wall in 2015 . He had one practice and has been moved to IR. He's out for a while.

Harrison is 38 years old. He's a good spot pass rusher, but at his age, you have to wonder how his body will hold up.

We pretty much know what Jarvis Jones is going to do as a pass rusher. 1-3 sacks per season, with the " 3 " being a mark he hasn't passed as a professional.

Moats is all right, but he's a seasoned veteran. He has 13 sacks in six NFL seasons played.

Our OLB pass rush upside could swing on Chickillo, a 2nd-year player who had a good camp, and put together an active 4th pre-season game.

Sometimes Tomlin is tardy to promote a more talented younger player over a sub-par starting veteran. This has been the case before, and it often takes injuries to give the younger player a chance. That has happened to start the season.

We'll see what #56 has soon.

Shut the **** UP ALREADY!!!!!

This is a fair post. It shows optimism of a young player and a pattern of Tomlin being tardy and an injury needing to happen before giving a younger player a shot. I do not recall a post on the latter portion of the sentence here.

JJ and Moats will start and Harrison comes in at ROLB for 30-40 snaps. I doubt Chickillo sees more than 20-25 snaps so if he can set the edge in the run on those and maybe push the OT a little to make the QB get rid of the ball a little sooner I am happy. He's not the next Kevin Greene he's a camp darling with limited athleticism. I set my hopes for Dupree coming back at week 10 and in those first 10 games Chickillo having 2 sacks.

Holy ****, you really think they're going to bench Harrison and put this guy in?

hahahahahahahaha

tell ya what... we need one more thread marveling at Chickillo's balls.

OK, maybe we need TWO new sub-forums, One for any Pats threads, and one for Chickillo

Holy ****, you really think they're going to bench Harrison and put this guy in?

hahahahahahahaha

Harrison is 38 years old and can't play a full game. So NO I don't think they are going to bench Harrison who does not start anyway, BUT I do think Chickillo will finally get enough snaps during the season to get an idea of what he's capable of.

Unless Jarvis Jones somehow becomes a good pass rusher or Moats who averages about 2 sacks a year does significantly better, Chickillo is the hope of the lot.

Bold prediction: If Chickillo gets a sack, I won't be the first to start a thread on him, as he will need only 1.5 more with 15 games to go to tie Jarvis Jones career best. Deal?

Bold prediction: If Chickillo gets a sack, I won't be the first to start a thread on him...

but you will start 3-4 threads on that one sack.

Chickillo's got the cleanest balls on the team

Harrison is 38 years old and can't play a full game. So NO I don't think they are going to bench Harrison who does not start anyway, BUT I do think Chickillo will finally get enough snaps during the season to get an idea of what he's capable of.

Unless Jarvis Jones somehow becomes a good pass rusher or Moats who averages about 2 sacks a year does significantly better, Chickillo is the hope of the lot.

Bold prediction: If Chickillo gets a sack, I won't be the first to start a thread on him, as he will need only 1.5 more with 15 games to go to tie Jarvis Jones career best. Deal?

But when he gets one that helps us beat a division rival on the road in the playoffs let us know. Better yet make a thread

I am a little surprised that we haven't really drafted more legit pass rushers recently for depth. I don't think Freeney is anywhere near big enough to play OLB. He needs to add a ton of weight and learn a lot. When Harrison retires and we don't resign Jarvis to be a starter, we will need to daft high again to get a stud pass rusher.

I am a little surprised that we haven't really drafted more legit pass rushers recently for depth. I don't think Freeney is anywhere near big enough to play OLB. He needs to add a ton of weight and learn a lot. When Harrison retires and we don't resign Jarvis to be a starter, we will need to daft high again to get a stud pass rusher.

Knowing this regime we are re-signing Jarvis..... He's doing great according to them.

Who says he can't play a full game? Last i read, Porter said one thing you can't do with Harrison is to limit him because he will prove you wrong.

I am a little surprised that we haven't really drafted more legit pass rushers recently for depth.

OK - stop that **** right there - THEY'VE BEEN DOING NOTHING BUT DRAFTING "PASS RUSHERS" FOR THE LAST DECADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW MANY more DRAFT BUSTS you want on this team?

Harrison IS STILL PLAYING because at 38 because he's STILL 100X BETTER than the HIGH DRAFT PICKS that have been trying to replace him for 5 YEARS!

Steelers have proven they no longer know how to draft defensive playmakers and the days of cornering the market on TWEENERS ARE GONE - ALL TEAMS ARE PICKING THEM NOW !!!

The Solution

ALL OFFENSE FROM NOW ON IN THE FIRST 3 RD's - for the next 5 years, at least. STARTING WR'S, TE's and a QB are what will need in the future.

The days of 'Steelers defense' are OVER!

OFFENSE WINS FOOTBALL GAMES!

5 WIDE!

buYPn5J.jpg

preach it, Brother Spike.

Shut the **** UP ALREADY!!!!!

I'd give you all the Karma in the world if there were a button for it!

hahahahahahahaha

This

tell ya what... we need one more thread marveling at Chickillo's balls.

and this

Maybe just a Coach subforum, He makes enough new topics to fill one. Pop was right behind him.

Coach and POP would just love it there

all four LBers will rotate /good thread / would read again

I'm still saying Moats will be our top sacking LB this year. I like what I see now out of him. He's playing with a much higher motor, and improved his pass rush moves. You will all see on Monday night, what I saw in the preseason.

I'm still saying Moats will be our top sacking LB this year. I like what I see now out of him. He's playing with a much higher motor, and improved his pass rush moves. You will all see on Monday night, what I saw in the preseason.

Nastrodomus (sp), I respect you as it's very possible. His biggest competition is a 38yr old (all be it a good 38yr old). Uncle Jarvis would make jaws drop and heart rates flutter if he produced 5 or more. Harrison is going to get 5+ so Moats is a 6+ sack man. Who will be our 10sack man this year?????? Doubt we have one, but would WELCOME one with open arms.!!! Wouldn't we all **** if chickillos turned out to be that MAN

Salute the nation

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...lers-film-room-anthony-chickillo-vs-panthers/

is Chick in the HOF already?

Spike will not approve of this thread.

Nastrodomus (sp), I respect you as it's very possible. His biggest competition is a 38yr old (all be it a good 38yr old). Uncle Jarvis would make jaws drop and heart rates flutter if he produced 5 or more. Harrison is going to get 5+ so Moats is a 6+ sack man. Who will be our 10sack man this year?????? Doubt we have one, but would WELCOME one with open arms.!!! Wouldn't we all **** if chickillos turned out to be that MAN

Salute the nation

Well, I don't think Moats will lead the team in sacks as Cope does, but this much is clear. Jones is who he is. Harrison is ancient by NFL standards for a linebacker. Dupree is out for many games.

The one with the best upside for this season is Chickillo. We'll see if Tomlin gives him enough snaps to prove if he's capable of helping the team as a pass rusher.

What did you think of the film Coach??