• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Championship Week

Switched to the Pens game. Following the game here

I'm saying that should UM and FSU hold water, there's no legitimate reason to include 'Bama in the playoffs. The only reason they would is because ... "Well, they're the SEC Champ". Which shouldn't mean diddly since they lost to the Big 12 Champ in the regular season.
In fairness they would have beat the #1 team and 2x defending champs as well. Washington is a lock. Michigan will be a lock with a win. SEC Champ will be a lock. 4th spot will be tough

I'm saying that should UM and FSU hold water, there's no legitimate reason to include 'Bama in the playoffs. The only reason they would is because ... "Well, they're the SEC Champ". Which shouldn't mean diddly since they lost to the Big 12 Champ in the regular season.
What is the legitimate reason that a team whose only loss is to the #12 ranked team should get in over a team whose only loss is to the #7 ranked team?

In fairness they would have beat the #1 team and 2x defending champs as well. Washington is a lock. Michigan will be a lock with a win. SEC Champ will be a lock. 4th spot will be tough
4 - UGA?

That's why I say we'll see what the Committee really values. According to them, head to head is the first tie-breaker. But, record trumps all. If UM and FSU win, you have 3 conference champs with undefeated records. And two conference champs with identical one-loss records; except, there's that little matter of the committee saying "head to head" is a tie-breaker.

What is the legitimate reason that a team whose only loss is to the #12 ranked team should get in over a team whose only loss is to the #7 ranked team?
As the committee said; one is a conference champ. Also, that conference champ would have beat the SEC Champ who just beat Georgia for the title.
That's legit. It happened