• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Championship Week

I hope you’re right Berm. But the media hated UGA. Espn and the AJC are two big opponents and will advocate why UGA needs to be left out
I'm a lowly fan...those were my thoughts. I truly believe GA is still one of the top 4 teams in the country regardless of the loss. THINK...

If they get Bowers and McKonkey back - they are easily better than FSU and/or tOSU and...Texas.

I'm a lowly fan...those were my thoughts. I truly believe GA is still one of the top 4 teams in the country regardless of the loss. THINK...

If they get Bowers and McKonkey back - they are easily better than Bama, FSU and/or tOSU and...Texas.

If they get Bowers and McKonkey back - they are easily better than FSU and/or tOSU and...Texas.
tOSU is out. Have been since they chose McCord over Devin Brown. (i.e. since the first game).

I like to see the SEC do well as….well.

But sometimes these schools who go unbeaten and do what’s asked deserve the nod. As a fan of football we can see if they are worth their weight in gold.

120+ teams in the fbs. It is hard to gauge what this competition means when you play less than a quarter of that

Rhut rho...that was a fast sack by Louisville!!!
Which is why FSU will get that run game going. Well, they should. It would be smart to limit the QB's exposure until he settles the **** down.

Watching Michigan/Iowa. Serious question....has the B10 West ever won a B10 Championship game? Why in the world would they have OSU/Michigan and PSU all in the same division? I get it PSU isn't world beaters every year but have been pretty consistent in the top 15. Why didn't they stick with the Legends/Leaders before 2011?

LEGENDS: Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern

LEADERS: Illinois, Indiana, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, Wisconsin

This Michigan game may end 10-0. Iowa has no offense and at the moment neither does Michigan.

LIBERTY ???
If the committee had a sense of humor…

Seriously, what a beautiful way to let the NCAA know that they came up with an absurdly compromised solution to a problem.

OK Berm, say FSU wins.
What is the committee's self-proclaimed number 1 factor when evaluating who makes the playoffs?
FSU would be an undefeated champion from a Power 5 conference. Undefeated ... conference champion. Advantage FSU

Factor 1. Are they in the SEC?

The college playoff system sucks ***, it's nothing more than a popularity contest. you get the #2 team in the country losing to the #3 team in the country in the last game and they get kicked from playoff contention. then you take a team like Alabama that loses to a team that wasn't even in the top ten but because they lost early they have a chance to still climb the rankings and possibly not only make the playoffs but maybe even jump over the team that beat them. (No offense Berm.)

I would be pissed if I was Texas and found myself sitting home or worse yet be a undefeated Washington or Florida State and get knocked out of the playoffs by a 1 loss team.

Hopefully that all goes away with the 12 team system next year.

Watching Michigan/Iowa. Serious question....has the B10 West ever won a B10 Championship game? Why in the world would they have OSU/Michigan and PSU all in the same division? I get it PSU isn't world beaters every year but have been pretty consistent in the top 15. Why didn't they stick with the Legends/Leaders before 2011?

LEGENDS: Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern

LEADERS: Illinois, Indiana, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, Wisconsin

Because the Big 10 does whatever is best for Ohio State and Michigan and they wanted to be in the same division. Nevermind the outright stupidity of putting your 3 best teams in the same division to ensure they eliminate each other each year. SEC is run by smart people. Big 10 is run by Judge Smails type windbags.

Maybe it was a fumble. Maybe not. But the refs blew the whistle and waved their arms as incomplete pass before it was recovered. Total BS to give Michigan the ball. Game over now.

I grew up in Battle Creek MI and was a huge MI Basket Ball fan especially when they had the Fab Five, but when it came to football I pulled for MSU.

I gotta say This Michigan team looks like they could win it all so....... GO BLUE!!!!!