• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Championship Week

MI needs to continue to pitch a shut out and score at least one more time. This is not the type of game I was expecting from them. They have to be able to move the ball and score some points if they want the football world to see them as the #1 team now that GA fell

While I think Alabama will get in, personally I don’t think you can put them in if Texas isn’t in. Texas beat bama. It counts. It should mean something no matter how long ago it was. If not, the whole thing is a sham.

Damn does McCarthy need to catch the ball also.

Ga. will drop, but stay in the playoffs with Mich., FSU and Wash.

While I think Alabama will get in, personally I don’t think you can put them in if Texas isn’t in. Texas beat bama. It counts. It should mean something no matter how long ago it was. If not, the whole thing is a sham.
Why do you think that it is not a sham now?

What a ******* disgrace! They’re discussing how good FSU could be with the 2nd team QB instead of the 3rd team QB and how that should factor into the consideration. **** off! Why not consider the recruiting of each team?

Certainly no expert here...... it how is Louisville even ranked 14?
They had nothing. You can’t knock Florida ST Defense. What a performance.

so how long before we know who the top 4 teams are.

The late games were tough to watch ......... 3 and outs ..... some good defensive play but offensively ...........nah

I think the top 4 will be……..

Michigan
Washington
Alabama
Georgia

I think the top 4 SHOULD be……

Michigan
Washington
FSU
Texas

Why?

Michigan and Washington are no brainers. Undefeated conference champions. I think FSU deserves it because they won a conference championship with their 3rd string QB, and they are undefeated. Say what you want, but no one gave them a chance in this game. No one outside of Tallahassee wanted them to win this game. Yet they won.

Bama lost to Texas, and Texas won their conference. Yes, Bama beat Georgia, but it doesn’t matter. Georgia was #1 because they are in the SEC. No other reason. They clearly weren’t the best team in the country. I just don’t think you can put Alabama in if you don’t put in the conference champ that beat them. And having said that, no way Texas gets in ahead of three undefeated conference champions.

If you value what happened on the field. You know, what the Committee claims they value until the last poll when they do whatever the hell they want
1 Washington
2 Michigan
3 Florida State
4 Texas

If you ignore actual results and just go by feels
1 Michigan
2 Alabama
3 Washington
4 Texas

If SEC homers hold sway in the room
1 Washington - they put wash 1 to avoid bama vs Georgia in rd 1
2 Alabama
3 Michigan
4 Georgia

If you think Huh, Georgia kinda had a tough time vs S Carolina and Missouri and didn't look the great vs Alabama. Bama lost by 10 at home to Texas and needed an epic collapse to get past Auburn. Maybe the SEC wasn't so great this year
1 Washington
2 Michigan
3 Texas
4 Florida State

I think the top 4 will be……..

Michigan
Washington
Alabama
Georgia

I think the top 4 SHOULD be……

Michigan
Washington
FSU
Texas

Why?

Michigan and Washington are no brainers. Undefeated conference champions. I think FSU deserves it because they won a conference championship with their 3rd string QB, and they are undefeated. Say what you want, but no one gave them a chance in this game. No one outside of Tallahassee wanted them to win this game. Yet they won.

Bama lost to Texas, and Texas won their conference. Yes, Bama beat Georgia, but it doesn’t matter. Georgia was #1 because they are in the SEC. No other reason. They clearly weren’t the best team in the country. I just don’t think you can put Alabama in if you don’t put in the conference champ that beat them. And having said that, no way Texas gets in ahead of three undefeated conference champions.
Not a chance in hell that BOTH Alabama AND Georgia make it.

What a ******* disgrace! They’re discussing how good FSU could be with the 2nd team QB instead of the 3rd team QB and how that should factor into the consideration. **** off! Why not consider the recruiting of each team?

Then the playoff is
1 Georgia
2 Ohio State
3 Alabama
4 Texas A&M

People are going to bash Florida State for an awful offensive performance because they only had 219.

Michigan vs Iowa had just 213 total yards. They had 2 TDs on drives of 5 and 6 yards due to a kick return and a bogus fumble recovery. Then they had FG drives of 26, -3 and 23 yards. Michigan's offense sucked.

Since the cheating scandal broke, JJ McCarthy had passing totals of
60 vs Penn State
141 vs Maryland
148 vs Ohio State
147 vs Iowa

But somehow FSU's offense is a joke and should get the boot while Michigan is an unstoppable juggernaut.

Michigan and Washington are in. I do not see any way a one loss SEC champ does not get in. FSU is undefeated, but they dont have a QB. If they had their #1 QB I would put them in, but as it stands I think Texas will get in ahead of FSU. The SEC had 5 of the top 15 teams and you can say there is favortism there, but the SEC has done extremely well in the playoffs. Bama is lucky as hell to have made it to the GA game w/ only one loss, but they did and beat the 2x defending champs. Any other year I think both GA and Bama would get in, but there are too many undefeated conference champs for that to happen this time around.

People are going to bash Florida State for an awful offensive performance because they only had 219.

Michigan vs Iowa had just 213 total yards. They had 2 TDs on drives of 5 and 6 yards due to a kick return and a bogus fumble recovery. Then they had FG drives of 26, -3 and 23 yards. Michigan's offense sucked.

Since the cheating scandal broke, JJ McCarthy had passing totals of
60 vs Penn State
141 vs Maryland
148 vs Ohio State
147 vs Iowa

But somehow FSU's offense is a joke and should get the boot while Michigan is an unstoppable juggernaut.
I dont see FSU w/ 2nd or 3rd string QB beating Ohio State

I don't see Ohio State with their starting QB beating Bama, Georgia, Michigan, Washington, Texas, Oregon
I don't either, but my point was Michigan's offense struggled againt OSU i don't think FSU with a 3rd stringer could beat OSU let alone any of the remaining teams

They should just say to hell with it and schedule some play in games. Go rogue.

I apologize if already mentioned but I would just adjust it to a 6 team playoff game next season. This season if cooch was running the show.

I think when looking at the scenarios should a team be penalized for a loss when figuring out what is what?

Is there a scenario that Georgia isn't a top 4 team? For me I want the top 4 teams in there. Not the 4 top unbeaten teams.