• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

College Football Championship Week

Not a chance in hell that BOTH Alabama AND Georgia make it.
I seem to remember a Penn State team that beat Ohio State and won the Big 10 championship being snubbed in favor of Ohio State when Ohio State didn’t even play in the Big 10 championship. Don’t tell me it’s not possible.

What a defensive performance by FSU

That was 100% my kind of game. Defend every ******* blade of grass. Loved it. 7 sacks,1 int and 188 total yards given up. Which was mostly on just a couple of broken plays. Very old school Steeler like.

I also like that it ****** the 4 team playoff system all to hell.

There's absolutely no way somebody isn't going to *****.

I'd leave out Alabama and put in FSU. They basically had an emergency qb with very little reps play for them. The second string will have plenty of time to clear protocol and be ready for the playoffs.

I seem to remember a Penn State team that beat Ohio State and won the Big 10 championship being snubbed in favor of Ohio State when Ohio State didn’t even play in the Big 10 championship. Don’t tell me it’s not possible.
Ahhh, the Good Ol' Days.

I don’t think FSU is one of the top 4 teams, that being said, it’ll be a crime if they don’t get in.

I grew up in Battle Creek MI and was a huge MI Basket Ball fan especially when they had the Fab Five, but when it came to football I pulled for MSU.

I gotta say This Michigan team looks like they could win it all so....... GO BLUE!!!!!
Wait a minute!!! I was born in Berrien Springs, MI!!! I wonder if we crossed paths back in the early 70's as kids???

I don’t think FSU is one of the top 4 teams, that being said, it’ll be a crime if they don’t get in.
Mornin'. I didn't pass out - I was just tired...but...

FSU is not a better team than Bama is at this point. Fact.

Again, Bama lost to Texas during week 2 and that should hold some water in the decision-making; so...

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Bama
4. Texas

Michigan, Washington, FSU, Georgia, in that order. If Georgia drops out of the top four, then Texas is in.

Georgia is #1 all year, loses at the end and might get booted for losing to Bama by 3 lol. Or Texas gets left out for beating Bama who gets in.....Or FSU gets left out for going undefeated and losing their QB.

I am just glad this pathetic abomination of a "Championship playoff" with 4 teams is coming to an end.

At 12 teams you should cover all the 12-0 and 11-1 teams that have a realistic chance.

Alabama is getting in. They’re in the SEC, they beat #1 who is also from the SEC to win the conference title. Did I mention the SEC?
So who do they bump? One of the undefeated teams? Texas, who already beat them at home? I wasn't impressed by FSU and doubt if they should be in the top four but they did go undefeated and that should be worth something.

I apologize if already mentioned but I would just adjust it to a 6 team playoff game next season. This season if cooch was running the show.

I think when looking at the scenarios should a team be penalized for a loss when figuring out what is what?

Is there a scenario that Georgia isn't a top 4 team? For me I want the top 4 teams in there. Not the 4 top unbeaten teams
The CFP will expand to a 12-team playoff for the 2024 season and beyond. Features of the enlarged playoff include: Guaranteed bids for the top five conference champions in the CFP rankings; no conference will have an automatic bid, a conference must have a minimum of 8 members to be eligible for an Automatic bid.

Without their starting QB, I think FSU is behind Michigan, Washington, Texas, Alabama, Georgia, and Oregon….maybe Ohio State depending on which version of their QB shows up.

So since this 4 team popularity contest is ending take 8 and play an extra game.

I can dream right?

Ok. First and foremost… nitger tge SEC nor tge Big ten should get two bids… PERIOD and no questions asked… both premier teams faced off head to head late in the season… that was tgeir playoff game right there.

Georgia, you were great… Bama beat you, they are in
Ohio state, better luck beating the jr cheatriots next year.

If either make the playoffs then its further proof tgat college football is worthless because of biases

Again, Bama lost to Texas during week 2 and that should hold some water in the decision-making; so...

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Bama
4. Texas
FSU is an undefeated Power 5 conference champ, that should take precedence. The right thing to do is leave the fourth spot to either Texas or Bama, one of them gets screwed, but both of their records are blemished.

If Fla. St get's in they are going to be killed. QB stat line Saturday 8-21 55yds QBR 12.7 , 9 carries -6 yds. Texas, Georgia and Alabama are all better teams.

F Jim Harbaugh for kicking a 50 yard field goal on 4th and less than one up by 23, instead of going for it and running out the clock...wins the game by 26.
I had Iowa plus 23.5!

Jagoff cost me $162.50!

Ok - I feel better now...

If Fla. St get's in they are going to be killed. QB stat line Saturday 8-21 55yds QBR 12.7 , 9 carries -6 yds. Texas, Georgia and Alabama are all better teams.
Their 2nd string QB will be back...
Their undefeated and a major conference champ.
They deserve to be in along with Michigan, Washington, and Texas.

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Bama
4. Texas
And there’s the bama loss to shittty Auburn. Errr

Never mind they got a lucky 4 and whatever to win

Georgia is #1 all year, loses at the end and might get booted for losing to Bama by 3 lol. Or Texas gets left out for beating Bama who gets in.....Or FSU gets left out for going undefeated and losing their QB.

I am just glad this pathetic abomination of a "Championship playoff" with 4 teams is coming to an end.

At 12 teams you should cover all the 12-0 and 11-1 teams that have a realistic chance.

Yeah that's a joke isn't it? And Georgia missed a fieldgoal and Bama got a gift reception that wasn't. So much for replay.

If Georgia gets in they'll have time to get 2 of their offensive stars healthy. It will be absolutely absurd for a team who has won 29 games in a row with TWO national championships not being given a chance to defend.

No matter what this playoff scenario is going to make some people pissed, when it really should be decided on the field with an expanded system.

I don't have a dog in the fight but if you want the best 4 teams to play for the championship , you have Michigan , Washington, Alabama/Georgia/Texas in the game.

So who do they bump? One of the undefeated teams? Texas, who already beat them at home? I wasn't impressed by FSU and doubt if they should be in the top four but they did go undefeated and that should be worth something.
Florida State gets bumped because of the QB situation. I don’t like it, but they will be penalized for it. Personally, I think FSU deserves it more because they did it without a QB. I think it enhances their resume. But few other people if any see it that way.

Wait a minute!!! I was born in Berrien Springs, MI!!! I wonder if we crossed paths back in the early 70's as kids???
we very well could have. We were only about a hour away from each other and I spent a lot of time in the Kalamazoo and South Haven. I damn near lived in South Haven during the summer because my dad owned a charter Boat there.

Small *** world.

I knew there was a reason I felt the need to pick up you slack while you were on the wagon last month.. LMAO

FSU struggled a little against a team that lost to Pitt & Ky. They are definitely the weakest of the conference champions, imo.

Now to the important stuff, I currently live in Lansing and picked up some subwoofers at the UPS Depot in Battle Creek and a toolbox at Menards in South Haven. I drove to the beach in South Haven that early spring day and it's frickin' huge.