• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Coolie Pimps UH Coogs

obviously Tank scared the defense so much they said if he played they would walk off the field

I did not see him on the field at all for any offensive plays

Tune started at QB and did okay

his only incompletion on the first drive was a clear drop

he even picked up a 4th and 4 but there was a personal foul on the OL and they ended up punting

he ended up 9-12 for only 70 yards but did lead a drive for a FG

Why do you think TANK didn’t get on the field….. injury ?

Salute the nation

I have not seen any reports of any injury

Me either, but something had to keep him off the field as word was he was having a field day in practices.

Time will tell, hopefully we hear something later in the week.

Salute the nation

Maybe he decided not to play to avoid injury since there's been talk of his draft stock already going up

Maybe he decided not to play to avoid injury since there's been talk of his draft stock already going up
like I said the National Team was just too scared of him

that could be what it was, he did not have a lot to prove in the game he showed in practice he was able to beat these guys

2023 Senior Bowl Practice Winners: Tyjae Spears and Nathaniel ‘Tank’ Dell Stand Out Most at Their Positions​

Nathaniel ‘Tank’ Dell, Houston | Wide Receiver​

For the two days he practiced, no one — and I mean no one — could cover Nathaniel Dell. He beat defenders off the line, ran incredibly quick routes, and ran away from defenders if given the slightest bit of open room.

Dell’s burst and deep speed were incredible, and he caught the ball extremely well. He measured a tick under 5’8 1/2″ and just 163 pounds, and Dell looks small. That’s going to limit his appeal on draft weekend, but a crafty offensive coordinator will find a way to use Dell and design plays specifically for him.

WR NATHANIEL “TANK” DELL, HOUSTON

It was the second day in a row that Dell’s athleticism stood out. He measured in at 5-foot-8 and 163 pounds, so you figure if defensive backs can get their hands on him, he won’t be able to handle the physicality. The problem is no defensive back has really been able to get their hands on him in that way, and he’s made them pay in both one-on-ones and the full-team scrimmages. With as much dynamic ability as he has, he feels like a player who is a Day 2 lock, and one whose stock is trending more and more toward being a second-round pick.

I have scoured the interwebs and see plenty of stories about other injuries but nothing on Dell being hurt

Read a few places that he did not practice Thursday but those stories discussed others not participating and that they were hurt, but only stated that Dell did not practice

So I'm leaning toward the "he didn't have anything else to prove" reasoning for sitting out the game

I’m not a draft-nik but I care as well. Between you/ Coolie/ SuperMan / Stryker and others, I’ve become more “engaged” in the art. So cut me some slack if I say a dumb azzitry or naive statement at time (even if all the time).

Thank you in advance

Salute the nation
I know very little about college ball. It doesn't stop me from running a draft show for us every year. I understand needs for the team, and this sight helps me prepare for potential picks.

It takes a villiage!

WR TANK DELL, HOUSTON

The 5-foot-8, 163-pound Tank Dell earned the highest receiving grade from practice during Senior Bowl week. His 90.4 grade was almost 13 points higher than the next highest receiver at the Senior Bowl. The talking point about Dell will always be his size, but as long as a prospective NFL team is OK with his measurables, he gives you exactly what you would want from an explosiveness standpoint. His releases off the line are lightning quick, and he achieves his top speed almost instantly. Perhaps more impressive is his ability to stop on a dime with elite body control. He solidified himself as a second-round pick at the Senior Bowl.

I find it a very curious decision. I think if he shined in the game it could have did nothing but solidify his stock. Perhaps he was just playing it safe.
I was disappointed he did not play but can understand the decision. A fluke injury in a meaningless game would be a waste

I know his size is a concern, but the rues today make it less of an issue. His quickness and field vision should allow him to escape the most vicious hits..

I was disappointed he did not play but can understand the decision. A fluke injury in a meaningless game would be a waste

I know his size is a concern, but the rues today make it less of an issue. His quickness and field vision should allow him to escape the most vicious hits..

What do you feel TANK brings to the table that CAL3 doesn’t bring ?

Salute the nation

we all know that highlights show everything...

CA's highlights show his speed and ability to get behind the defense or outrun them once he has the ball.

Dell's highlights show that to, but they also show his quick feet and how fast he can change direction, He looks to get open using his footwork and really sets up the defender before changing direction to an open spot in the secondary. His punt returns show good field vision and quick change of direction which makes him extremely elusive

Now that may also be a part of CA's game, but I have just not watched enough Memphis football.

If I can find the time I will go back and watch a few of CA's games at Memphis to see more about him and give you a better answer

My favorite (non Steeler nation)draft expert has begun his player evaluations it is not totally finished and all the sort features don't work yet but you can search by player name for

wow Dell is already done

overall grade of 6.32

Overview
Every second of the route is a separation opportunity for Dell, a touchdown-making machine who pairs electrifying top-end speed with twitchy short-area quickness. His routes are fast and effective on all three levels with keen ball-tracking talent deep and sideline-dotting footwork. Focus drops and contested catches are ongoing issues that are likely to continue at the next level. Dell is dangerous with the ball in his hands after the catch and as a game-changing punt returner. His slender frame is a concern, but the explosive talent could be difficult to pass up for teams needing a big-play weapon to stretch the field and mismatch coverages.
Strengths
  • Scored 14 touchdowns in his final nine games with Houston.
  • Keeps distance from coverage to stay unencumbered in the route.
  • Uses jab and crossover to defeat coverage leverage.
  • Gives few clues when snapping off the route.
  • Very sudden and explosive out of his breaks.
  • Able to separate on all three levels.
  • Talented to track and adjust paths to make the catch.
  • Very nice with his feet near the sideline.
  • Catch-and-go punt returner with game-changing ability.
Weaknesses
  • Slender frame falls below NFL standards.
  • Wasted motion getting into press release.
  • Drifts into in-breaking routes.
  • Dropped 21 passes over the last two seasons, per PFF. - I am not sure about this. i have watched every game he played at UH and he is not a ball dropper
  • Has struggled to secure throws through contact.
  • Below average catch radius.

This is his grading scale

so CA Highlights

vs Tank Dell highlights

GREAT watch on the both of them.

My biggest fear is Tank’s size VS NFL players.

Both players are fast, no doubt but I can’t see the reason to double up on near same type player.

Tank will do VERY well where ever he ends up, even here.

Salute the nation