• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Covid Vaccine

Structural brain changes detected in novel long COVID imaging study​

By Rich Haridy
November 26, 2023

New research to be presented at the Radiological Society of North America’s annual meeting is the first to reveal microstructural brain changes in long COVID patients compared to fully recovered patients and uninfected subjects. The findings indicate long COVID symptoms can be associated with changes to specific cerebral networks.

“To the best of our knowledge, this is the first study comparing patients with long COVID to both a group without history of COVID-19 and a group that went through a COVID-19 infection but is subjectively unimpaired,” explains Alexander Rau, lead author on the study from University Hospital Freiburg in Germany.

The research utilized a relatively new brain imaging technique called diffusion microstructure imaging (DMI). The technique tracks the movement of water molecules through brain tissue to deliver a high-resolution picture of the microstructures of the brain.

Looking generally for brain lesions or abnormalities, the researchers detected no notable differences between COVID patients and those uninfected. However, zooming in on the microstructural brain differences revealed significant alterations in the COVID cohorts.

“Here, we noted gray matter alterations in both patients with long-COVID and those unimpaired after a COVID-19 infection,” says Rau “Interestingly, we not only noted widespread microstructural alterations in patients with long COVID, but also in those unimpaired after having contracted COVID-19.”

So what separated the long COVID patients from the fully recovered COVID patients?

The researchers discovered three long COVID symptom constellations (fatigue, loss of sense of smell, cognitive impairment) could be correlated with specific patterns of microstructural changes in the brain. So what distinguished long COVID patients from recovered patients seemed to be how the illness particularly reshaped the brain.

“Expression of post-COVID symptoms was associated with specific affected cerebral networks, suggesting a pathophysiological basis of this syndrome” Rau notes.

While the results affirm the real pathological foundations underpinning long COVID they do raise a number of questions the researchers hope to investigate in the future. For example, do these microstructural alterations improve over time as a long COVID patient’s symptoms change? And is there anything that predisposes a COVID patient to develop the brain changes that characterize long COVID?

The new research will be presented at the 2023 Radiological Society of North America Annual Meeting this week.

Source: RSNA

So yer saying long Covid is what may have further destroyed Floggy's brain?

I just read 11 pages of this and am completely lost. Covid bad right? Work out good?

I just read 11 pages of this and am completely lost. Covid bad right? Work out good?
goddammit. even an ogurr could follow this.
follow howard stern for all your medical opinions.

So yer saying long Covid is what may have further destroyed Floggy's brain?
WTF? Unlike you I’ve never had symptomatic Covid let alone long Covid so that doesn’t make sense. Unless, once again, you delusional ***** read “Covid” but comprehended “Covid Vaccine”.

WTF? Unlike you I’ve never had symptomatic Covid let alone long Covid so that doesn’t make sense. Unless, once again, you delusional ***** read “Covid” but comprehended “Covid Vaccine”.

I'm just playing by your rules making **** up as I roll. Like Tim called an RA about people smoking weed or some ****.

No one believes a damn thing you type, so I'm betting you've had Covid. Tibs at least had the stones to admit he contracted it even after 14 clot shots.

You never would.

I'm just playing by your rules making **** up as I roll. Like Tim called an RA about people smoking weed or some ****.

No one believes a damn thing you type, so I'm betting you've had Covid. Tibs at least had the stones to admit he contracted it even after 14 clot shots.

You never would.
Haven’t had even a cold since prior to the pandemic, knock on wood. Believe or not. Probably mostly due to working from home most of the time. Two vaccinated people I know who have gotten Covid post-vaccine think they got it from sitting next to someone on a plane.

Haven’t had even a cold since prior to the pandemic, knock on wood. Believe or not. Probably mostly due to working from home most of the time. Two vaccinated people I know who have gotten Covid post-vaccine think they got it from sitting next to someone on a plane.
Maybe mom will let you out of the basement soon.

but but but that's impossible. if you get the shot, you wont get the virus. if you get the shot, you cannot spread the virus. how in the world could someone get the virus AND spread it if they've been on the receiving end of The Holy Jab?!?!?

Two vaccinated people I know who have gotten Covid post-vaccine think they got it from sitting next to someone on a plane.

Probably got it from you, given the vaccine is so pathetic, you can still be an asymptomatic carrier.

Last edited:
For the sheep, they are told that

Long Covid = long term effects of Covid plus any effects of Covid shots

Critical thinkers would find ways to discern that which was only related to the Covid shots, you know, by using the scientific method, or other logical constructs.

But the Covid shepherds, eager to feed tge NIAID/Moderna personal revenue slot machine refuse to do the safety or efficacy work on past or upcoming mRNA shots, because of their clear conflicts.

Hell, even the thieves at pFucking pFizer will get upset at the next round!! It's gonna happen so fast they won't even have time to steal much!

For the sheep, they are told that

Long Covid = long term effects of Covid plus any effects of Covid shots
Where are you getting that definition of long Covid?
Critical thinkers would find ways to discern that which was only related to the Covid shots, you know, by using the scientific method, or other logical constructs.

But the Covid shepherds, eager to feed tge NIAID/Moderna personal revenue slot machine refuse to do the safety or efficacy work on past or upcoming mRNA shots, because of their clear conflicts.

Hell, even the thieves at pFucking pFizer will get upset at the next round!! It's gonna happen so fast they won't even have time to steal much!
Again, what are you talking about? They are two separate things. One comes after getting Covid, the other comes after vaccination. They are scientifically studied separately.

Haven’t had even a cold since prior to the pandemic, knock on wood. Believe or not. Probably mostly due to working from home most of the time.

Huh. That explains a lot.

The so-called “Quarantine 15” is real, and for some, it may be closer to 30 – as in pounds gained during one year of the pandemic.

Many Americans knew they’d put on weight with all the stress-baking and stay-at-home shift in routines. But two recent studies show pandemic weight gain has been significant — up to two pounds a month according to a March 2021 JAMA Network study, and more than 30 pounds over 12 months for some people, a recent survey by the American Psychological Association found.

According to the APA survey, conducted in February, six in 10 adults experienced undesired weight changes during the pandemic. For 42% of respondents, that meant additional pounds — an average of 29. The remaining 18% experienced unintended weight loss.

Stay-at-home workers got really fat due to Covid but the clot shot is still the best thing since sliced bread

😂 says the unvaccinated loon who suffered from long Covid.
says the masked up dolt with syringes sticking out of his arms taking a family trek through the countryside at the height of the Vid.

fuckingfatassmoron

Probably walked 40+ miles/week.

You're prone to exaggeration (or, lies as @Steeltime directly states). Ain't a person here believes you walked between 5-6 miles a day, especially given your level of obesity.

The average person "walks" a mile in 15-22 minutes.
40 miles in a week (if you count all 7 days) is 5.71 miles/day
That means daily you spent between 1 hr 26 mins to 2 hours 6 mins walking.

The only person buying that you spent 96 to 126 mins a day walking (weather be damned) is you.

Sitting at a desk at home isn’t any less active than sitting at a desk in an office.

Negative. It is different.

The commuter gets up, showers, walks to the car, drives the car, parks the car (often in a garage, or in a parking lot), walks from the car to the building/elevator, etc.
While in the office, said person has a longer walk to the restroom than at home...to the coffee/water than at home.
For lunch, the commuter will often go out to eat.
If not, the walk from their desk to the refregerator/break room for lunch is longer than the walk from the home office to the kitchen.
Working in an office is often social and one will walk to their manager's office, or to conference rooms to meet, or down the hall to shoot the **** with a coworker.
People in office buildings move.

I'm scientifically guestimating here, but I would believe the person sitting behind the desk in an office will get at a bare minimum 3K more steps than JellyrollFlogg sitting at home.

I sit behind a desk when working from home. I'll often have about 1,500 steps logged by 6-7PM when I go to work out (and get those steps in).
We are on a return to work and 3 days a week I go to a corporate office. At 6-7PM I'm always over 4K steps if not more.
When I travel (air travel), I'll get 8K to 10K steps easy walking from parking garages, through airports, to baggage claim, getting to rental cars, etc.

Working from home offers far less opportunity for movement (unless you make it happen) than working in an actual office somewhere.

Pretty sure you said you lost your sense of smell or taste for months.

I did lose my sense of smell for a period of time. You're equating that with real Long Covid. It's not. Long Covid symptoms that matter and are potentially harmful are listed below from the Mayo Clinic

What are the symptoms of post-COVID-19 syndrome?​

The most commonly reported symptoms of post-COVID-19 syndrome include:
  • Fatigue
  • Symptoms that get worse after physical or mental effort
  • Fever
  • Lung (respiratory) symptoms, including difficulty breathing or shortness of breath and cough
Other possible symptoms include:
  • Neurological symptoms or mental health conditions, including difficulty thinking or concentrating, headache, sleep problems, dizziness when you stand, pins-and-needles feeling, loss of smell or taste, and depression or anxiety
  • Joint or muscle pain
  • Heart symptoms or conditions, including chest pain and fast or pounding heartbeat
  • Digestive symptoms, including diarrhea and stomach pain
  • Blood clots and blood vessel (vascular) issues, including a blood clot that travels to the lungs from deep veins in the legs and blocks blood flow to the lungs (pulmonary embolism)
  • Other symptoms, such as a rash and changes in the menstrual cycle
And the NIH: "Anosmia, the loss of the sense of smell, occurs in a majority of individuals with COVID-19."

It's common and if it lingers for a period of time, not cause for alarm such as the symptoms listed above.