• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dallas

My conspiracy senses are tingling...

I don't trust this at all. Particularly when it starts going global. That stinks.

The worse it gets the more likely we'll see major cities moving toward Martial Law. You read it here first.

BLM tonite in Tampa.

http://wfla.com/2016/07/11/black-lives-matter-protest-planned-in-downtown-tampa/

Calling for “justice, not violence,” the protest is being sponsored by Black Lives Matter Tampa, Tampa for Justice, Fight for 15 Florida and the Poor People’s Economic Human Rights Campaign.

It is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. at Lykes Gaslight Park, located at 410 N. Franklin Street. There is a Facebook page with more information on Monday’s event

meanwhile in Texas.....blm march meets up with a counter protest....

watch and learn ********

http://abc13.com/1422068/

2nd video on page

The rest of the country could learn a lot from these people. Restores a small fraction of my faith in humanity that has been wiped away in recent years, especially in the past 6 months.

Ahhhh...we now find that Mr. Castille has been pulled over 52 previous times since 2002. Of course, the media is spinning that as him being racially profiled.

The rest of the country could learn a lot from these people. Restores a small fraction of my faith in humanity that has been wiped away in recent years, especially in the past 6 months.

That 2nd video shows no matter how far left or right. We are still human. Only if that moment was contagious through out the rest of the country

My conspiracy senses are tingling...

I don't trust this at all. Particularly when it starts going global. That stinks.

The worse it gets the more likely we'll see major cities moving toward Martial Law. You read it here first.

Maybe. Hopefully not

It's worldwide, everyone looking for a "cause" - ship all the rioters all off to Syria if they want to fight

Civil Unrest Explodes In Berlin - Over 3500 People Riot Against Police

Police in Berlin say 123 officers were injured in clashes with leftist protesters

About 3,500 protesters marched through Friedrichshain on Saturday. Some were masked and threw missiles, police said.

Tensions have risen since moves began in June to evict squatters in the area. Friedrichshain has undergone rapid gentrification in recent years.

20160711_riots2.jpg

20160711_riots4.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36758686

--------------------

Everybody is a victim to be exploited to the Marxists

Them damn liberals Spike!

Ahhhh...we now find that Mr. Castille has been pulled over 52 previous times since 2002. Of course, the media is spinning that as him being racially profiled.

Holy cow, that is a lot of traffic stops. One story I read noted, "He was assessed at least $6,588 in fines and fees, although more than half of the total 86 violations were dismissed, court records show."

http://www.twincities.com/2016/07/0...d-52-times-by-police-was-is-racial-profiling/

The 52 stops led to 86 citations, "more than half of which were dismissed." The author clearly does not know how traffic citations for not having a license or failure to provide proof of insurance work. Specifically, if the driver provides the judge with proof of insurance at the hearing, the judge simply dismisses the charge. If the driver did not have his license with him but brings it to the court hearing, the judge simply dismisses the charge. If a driver is cited for speeding, lack of a license, and lack of insurance, and shows up at the hearing with his license and proof of insurance, then 2 of the 3 charges are dismissed.

Does that make it a bad stop? Of course not.

Do I think that cops engage in racial profiling for speeders? Very possibly. The police may well look for speeders who are black, figuring that the likelihood the driver has a bench warrant or is wanted for questioning for a more serious crime is higher if the driver is black. I think that may well happen.

But as to the idea that "x" number of stops somehow proves "racial profiling" ... I offer my anecdotal evidence. I work in 3 Counties with dozens of courthouses, over a vast geographic region. I need to be places on time. Sometimes I go a little fast.

I have been cited (mainly for speeding) 11 times in the past 22 years. All 11 charges have been dismissed in my favor. Does that prove profiling?

So what was different during those 52 stops? Perhaps he listened? He shouldn't have been nervous or anxious during stop 53. It was old hat to him. Maybe he finally had enough and went for his gun.

That 2nd video shows no matter how far left or right. We are still human. Only if that moment was contagious through out the rest of the country

What pisses me off is that no national media outlet will feature it because it doesn't feed into the narrative of racial divides, inequality or white privilege. It should be the first story anyone sees. It's a story of hope, a story of human beings overcoming negativity and joining together......and they have no room for that so not a lot of people of all races will see it and maybe have a change of heart. ******* media slime. Hopefully that video will take off on Social Media at least and reach the masses. It needs to be shown everywhere because anything that has even a slight chance of stopping this hate fest that is going on in our country right now should be featured....instead the negativity and hate is being featured and fueled to keep up the narrative every day by these complicit *************.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTC
Has the media released the names and photos of the shooters?

They should. I've just about had it with this we are going to tell our narrative instead of offering factual reporting on the what actually happened.

Not sure what can be done. This is a major moment. Citizens can't attack the cops sniper style.

Perhaps the police should draw one gun if needed and use the taser in the other hand when in doubt on a difficult arrest?

Police are taught to not do exactly that. There's a syndrome known as "sympathetic muscle reaction. Means that while meaning to pull the taser trigger one's other hand may pull the handgun trigger accidentally.

Kill whitey is what he said

of course, that doesn't fit the narrative

Obama: 'Very Hard to Untangle' Dallas Shooter's Motive"

---------------------------

zB7tri.png

andy_warden_shawshank.jpg

How can you be so deliberately obtuse?

Yes, he was a "suspect." Supe is correct. He wasn't the guy, but he fit the description.

I listened to a long program on that shooting on my 9+ hour drive back from SC yesterday (been on vacation). There was a robbery suspect in that area and he fit it.

Like a dumbass, when the cop approached, he had his gun in his lap and announced it AND said he had a permit to carry. That was just stupid on his part. Not pardoning the officer in any way. But you keep your hands up and on the dash. You don't announce you have a gun, EVEN if you have a permit to carry. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

The issue of a permit to carry is in debate:

Gotta disagree there, Tim. One should always announce to a PO that one has a gun. Yes, keep your hands plainly visible and at an appropriate time as soon as practically possible and near the beginning of the interaction tell an officer that you are legally in possession of a firearm and give its location.

My point is he was not an armed robber which is what these stories are trying to imply.

Again what does it hurt to try and train LEOs in better procedures and weed out the weak sisters like the clown that shot Philando Castile.

The stories I've seen don't imply that at all. They are simply pointing out the reason for the initial stop (as well as giving a more clear picture of the genesis of the entire situation.)

After the BLM in Memphis, city leaders met with gang members, etc and asked for a 30-day hiatus on killing people. Interesting concept.
Being from Memphis, I read this on the daily newspaper's website. which also has a Memphis Homicide Tracker. Even more interesting than the concept of not shooting each other for 30 days, which is CLEARLY not what BLM is about (as it is about police brutality towards blacks), is the racial makeup of those killed.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/crime/Memphis-Homicide-Tracker-379656401.html

Homicide count as of 7/12, 9:00AM est is 120.

so either BLM is to protest the deaths of black people at the hands of police - as I've been told time and time again - or it is to put an end to the murders in the black community by members of the black community. If it is the latter, I'm sure we can all agree that this should stop. However, the libs will not touch on that.

then there's Isaiah Crowell waving a flag to show how much of an idiot he is...

http://www.14news.com/story/3241959...s-apology-for-controversial-social-media-post

CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) -

Cleveland Browns running back Isaiah Crowell posted a controversial illustration on social media recently that he then deleted.

Crowell issued an apology on Monday, but the Browns said that wasn't enough.

"Isaiah has apologized but also knows that just an apology is insufficient and that he must take steps to make a positive difference after a very negative and impactful post," the Browns representative said.

The illustration, which was taken down from Crowell's Instagram account, was of a hooded figure holding a police officer's head back and slitting his throat.

Crowell said he posted the illustration prior to the attack on the Dallas police last week. He has voiced his opinions recently on Instagram about Alton Sterling, the 37-year-old black man who was shot and killed by officers of the Baton Rouge Police Department.

Below is the statement issued by Crowell:

"Last week was an emotional and difficult week as we saw extreme acts of violence against black men across our country as well as against police officers in Dallas.

"I posted an image to Instagram in the midst of that emotion that I shouldn’t have and immediately removed it. It was an extremely poor decision and I apologize for that mistake and for offending people.

"My values and beliefs do not match that image. I am outraged and upset by the deaths of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile along with so many others. I am also outraged and saddened by the attacks in Dallas and the deaths of the five honorable police officers (Lorne Ahrens, Michael Krol, Michael J. Smith, Brent Thompson and Patrick Zamarripa) who were providing protection while trying to keep peace.

"We have to be better as a society, it's not about color, it's about what's right and wrong. I was very wrong in posting that image. Every single life matters, every death as a result of violence should be treated with equal outrage and penalty."

Statement from Cleveland Browns Representative on Isaiah Crowell

We have spoken to Isaiah regarding his extremely disturbing and unacceptable social media decision. It was completely inappropriate and we have made him aware of our high level of disappointment. Isaiah has apologized but also knows that just an apology is insufficient and that he must take steps to make a positive difference after a very negative and impactful post.

never fear - SNS Platinum Membership has it's privileges. Here's the image:

isaiah-crowells-instagram-post-265a8d5ea19f2b8f.png

This whole BS about the systemic issue with police hating black people and especially white police targeting black people is ridiculous. It is blown WAY out of proportion by the media and the racist race baiters (Obama included). Sure, there are some racist cops (goes both ways). Sure there are some bad cops. But, with the millions of cops in this country and the tens of millions of interactions the police have with criminals every year, there are going to be a few incidents. And, that is all we have here are a few incidents that get blown out of proportion. Now, I am not saying a cop killing anyone without justification is acceptable but it will happen. No person and no system is perfect yet the police are 99.999999999% accurate in what they do.

BLM is a racist terrorist group that started with Trayvon Martin and Ferguson. Trayvon had nothing to do with the police. It was a hipsanic person proven to be justified in killing Trayvon in self defense. Ferguson was a cop killing a thug criminal that attacked him in his police car and tried to steal his gun. The cop was proven 100% justified in his actions. Yet, that is all you hear about from BLM and the racist race baiters. I have not heard a single apology after both of those cases were proven justified through our justice system.

When I was a kid, I was told to ALWAYS obey the police if pulled over or whatever and I'm white. If you mouth off, push, shove, disobey, etc. a police officer, then you made that choice. You must face the consequences of your choice no matter the result. Do what the officer says and then be on your way. The disrespect, mouthing off, getting in a cops face, etc. that we see today is insane. The job of a police officer is hard enough. They put their lives on the line every single day for us. Show them the respect they deserve and do what they ask or tell you to do. That will go a long way to diffusing any situation you find yourself in.

Reactions: MTC
Anyone who thinks that even a racist cop leaves for work in the morning thinking they are going to shoot a black guy if they get the chance is a total moron.
Even if a shooting is totally justified, the media and black hate groups are going to crucify them.

The same people who mouth off and aggressively fight the cops when they are being arrested are the same ones who mouthed off and aggressively fought their teachers when they got in trouble at school and the same ones who mouth off and aggressively fight against anyone else on the street who "disrespects" them. It's a pattern of behavior that unfortunately sometimes ends with the use of lethal force when it happens with police....and with random people on the street for that matter. There are overzealous and power mongering cops out there no doubt....I've dealt with a couple myself. However, I refuse to believe that there are cops out patrolling the street specifically looking for black people to murder.

Last edited:
Eh... she's entitled to her opinion.

We're way too oversensitive to words right now. I don't wish harm on her for her opinions even if they are ignorant and show her lack of intelligence. She has every right in the society I want to live it to verbalize her thinking and not be punished for it (via her job her career or anything). If anything that's just an opportunity to discuss WHY she has it wrong.

This happens ALL the time now. Curt Schilling gets fired from ESPN because he's a hard core right-winger and elected to vocalize his beliefs. Isaiah Crowell is getting crucified (and some calling for him to be released) in Cleveland because of his stupid twitter post of a dead cop. Brent Grimes is in trouble because of what his wife is posting on twitter.

It's stupid.

There are SO MANY people working right next to you, right this instant that if they actually verbalized what they are thinking would probably make your skin crawl or strongly disagree or whatever, but why as a society do we have to demand "restitution" for saying something dumb? Who decides this restitution and how much is "good enough"?

This is the exact concept of "thought police" that is taking over our country and causing people in all walks of life to stop talking with each other and instead internalize (or worse yet seek out like minded people that reinforces their mistaken beliefs). Talking with the opposite opinion is the only way thoughts can be fully debated and formed. And unfortunately we don't talk voice-to-voice anymore as we talk twitter post-to-twitter post or message board post-to-message board post.

That's why I think we should, as a society, give LARGE leeway into what people post on social media before decided they deserve "damage" from society.

Eh... she's entitled to her opinion.

We're way too oversensitive to words right now. I don't wish harm on her for her opinions even if they are ignorant and show her lack of intelligence. She has every right in the society I want to live it to verbalize her thinking and not be punished for it (via her job her career or anything). If anything that's just an opportunity to discuss WHY she has it wrong.

This happens ALL the time now. Curt Schilling gets fired from ESPN because he's a hard core right-winger and elected to vocalize his beliefs. Isaiah Crowell is getting crucified (and some calling for him to be released) in Cleveland because of his stupid twitter post of a dead cop. Brent Grimes is in trouble because of what his wife is posting on twitter.

It's stupid.

There are SO MANY people working right next to you, right this instant that if they actually verbalized what they are thinking would probably make your skin crawl or strongly disagree or whatever, but why as a society do we have to demand "restitution" for saying something dumb? Who decides this restitution and how much is "good enough"?

This is the exact concept of "thought police" that is taking over our country and causing people in all walks of life to stop talking with each other and instead internalize (or worse yet seek out like minded people that reinforces their mistaken beliefs). Talking with the opposite opinion is the only way thoughts can be fully debated and formed. And unfortunately we don't talk voice-to-voice anymore as we talk twitter post-to-twitter post or message board post-to-message board post.

That's why I think we should, as a society, give LARGE leeway into what people post on social media before decided they deserve "damage" from society.

Eh I don't know...part of me can agree with that I guess. But another part says they chose to put their inner ugliness out there for the world to see so they deserve whatever professional and personal consequences they get. But then again maybe I'm not the best person to comment on it since I've never had any dealings with social media and don't have a good understanding of posting etiquette as far as extreme opinions and how much is normal to share with the world at large.

Last edited: