• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dallas

This event changed me. I've always grown up to respect all people. No matter race, sex, religion...etc. I don't care who or what you are as long as your a good human. I have many black friends, one probably my best friend. but when I seen the protests immediately following the cops slaying, the president of the US not acknowledging (again), I just shake my head and have very different thoughts.

Do you think any of this will help you? Do you think calling cops killers will protect you...no. They will leave and the crime will explode. Do you notice when the protest are happening in a city the crime rate that day is down?

I'm not singling him out. I mean collectively the black crime rate is out of control. Stats don't lie.

What does that have to do with it? You have bad cops getting trigger happy and shooting people for broken tail lights and beating the **** out of people for "not complying fast enough." There is a section about that in the Bill of Rights and due process and presumption of innocence used to be sacred. I'm not worried about blacks I am worried about me because as I said it isn't a racism problem its a tyranny problem.

s police headquarters is on lockdown, CNN's Martin Savage reported Saturday evening. Department public information officer Monica Cordova said police are tightening security throughout the city because of "an anonymous threat

What does that have to do with it? You have bad cops getting trigger happy and shooting people for broken tail lights and beating the **** out of people for "not complying fast enough." There is a section about that in the Bill of Rights and due process and presumption of innocence used to be sacred. I'm not worried about blacks I am worried about me because as I said it isn't a racism problem its a tyranny problem.

Give me stats showing this Tyranny you claim. Not anecdotal stories, but hard stats of a rise in harassment or shootings or beatings. Just because we hear more about it due to social media does not make it any more prevalent than before. So I want to see proof of this.

Give me stats showing this Tyranny you claim. Not anecdotal stories, but hard stats of a rise in harassment or shootings or beatings. Just because we hear more about it due to social media does not make it any more prevalent than before. So I want to see proof of this.

I don't know if they break things down that way. i can only say what I have been observing for the last 10 years or so.

I don't know if they break things down that way. i can only say what I have been observing for the last 10 years or so.

I would venture to guess that this is predominately a media creation in that things are being sensationalized because of video but are no more common or possibly less than they had been. All your anger on this could be misguided due to false perceptions of a problem that is no worse than it had been. As shown elsewhere in the discussion, as far as deaths go we are looking at less than 2 percent of all black deaths are at the hands of the police and are measured in just a few hundred and of those a good percentage are justified killings. While those that are unjustified are horrible and should be prosecuted they represent a small fraction of overall violence.

Part of the problem is that people now seem to believe that cops do not be treated with respect. That when you are pulled over or questioned or whatever, that it's fine to give them ****.

What people do not understand is that every time a cop stops somebody they are risky their life. They have no idea what they are walking into. When you give them ****, it keeps them in the heightened tension and the longer it goes, the more fear creeps in and bad stuff can happen.

I have been pulled over or otherwise questioned a few times. I am always Yes sir, no sir. You give that respect and then the tension is dropped and often they let you off with a warning.

I'm sure that there are rare situations where a suspect does everything right and a cop just overreacts, but people need to realize that as soon as you start resisting in any way, the cop's main priority is to get you handcuffed to keep himself and others safe. You may be a nice guy who is totally innocent but you start refusing instructions or resisting and you are escalating the situation yourself.

The instances of people being disrespectful seems to have gone way up. Once the cop leaves, go back to hating him if you like but for those few moments, recognize that the cop knows he can be killed on any stop so don't do anything to inflame the situation.

After Dallas shooting, Florida legislators announce plan to file “Blue Lives Matter” bill

Two Florida legislators announced plans to file a “Blue Lives Matter” bill to add law enforcement officers and first responders to the state’s hate crime bill.

State Rep. Dennis Baxley (R-Ocala), who is running for the District 12 State Senate seat, and State Rep. Neil Combee (R-Lakeland), running for re-election to his seat, announced via press releases on Friday that they intended to file bills for the upcoming 2017 legislative session to amend Florida’s hate crime law to add law enforcement officers and first responders to the protected categories. Baxley and Combee have discussed the bill and intend to work together to file companion bills in the State Senate and House, respectively, after the elections in November.

Baxley’s press release called the shooting in Dallas “absolutely despicable” and said that it had “harden[ed] my resolve to fight the dangerous and growing disdain for law enforcement that is seeping into our culture.”

Baxley said that he had already been considering filing such a bill and had been researching a similar bill that passed in Louisiana and is set to take effect on August 1. The events in Dallas were “a clear stimulus to move forward,” he explained.

“I’m hoping that this Blue Lives Matter bill will catch on with many legislators around the country,” he said. “It’s very important for the issues of life and liberty, and standing by our law enforcement officers is essential.”

“If they’re not safe, none of us are safe,” added Baxley.

http://thecapitolist.com/after-dall...announce-plan-to-file-blue-lives-matter-bill/

----------------------------

Take that

Hate crime laws are stupid but there should be stiffer penalties for crimes against police. This Blue Lives Matter thing just seems like an escalation of stupid rhetoric.

No he wasn't. He fit the description. It wasn't him. Don't obfuscate Supe.

Yes, he was a "suspect." Supe is correct. He wasn't the guy, but he fit the description.

I listened to a long program on that shooting on my 9+ hour drive back from SC yesterday (been on vacation). There was a robbery suspect in that area and he fit it.

KARE 11 TV has also reported that a viewer gave the TV station what may be dispatch audio showing that the officer pulled Castile over because the officer thought he resembled an armed robbery suspect due to the width of his nose. The news site has been unable to verify it through police but said the license plate mentioned in the audio matched Castile’s;

Like a dumbass, when the cop approached, he had his gun in his lap and announced it AND said he had a permit to carry. That was just stupid on his part. Not pardoning the officer in any way. But you keep your hands up and on the dash. You don't announce you have a gun, EVEN if you have a permit to carry. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

The issue of a permit to carry is in debate:

As to the gun permit, some on the Internet had used a recent Tweet by the Ramsey County Sheriff’s Department as evidence that Castile did not have a gun permit. In that Tweet, Ramsey County says Castile did not apply for a permit through that county, which is the location of Minneapolis/St. Paul.

Follow Ramsey Sheriff (MN) @RamseySheriff
@cameron_dehart Mr. Castile never applied for a permit to carry with our office. Therefore we did not issue his permit.
3:20 PM - 7 Jul 2016
605 605 Retweets 441 441 likes

However, The Star-Tribune quotes the source as saying that Castile obtained the permit when he lived in Robbinsdale, Minnesota, which is in Hennepin County.

Hate crime laws are stupid but there should be stiffer penalties for crimes against police. This Blue Lives Matter thing just seems like an escalation of stupid rhetoric.

oh it's going to escalate anyway whether you want it or not, Bernie's agitators are back with a new "cause" to celebrate

St Paul last night

white_protesters.jpg

----------------------

Hundreds march in Pittsburgh for Black Lives Matter

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

http://triblive.com/news/adminpage/10765189-74/police-black-march

Last edited:
He was a suspect since he fit the description of the perp.

I disagree about not announcing he had a gun. Let's say he didn't announce he had a gun and the police had him reach for something and all the sudden they see a gun sticking out. The guy could have pulled in and stuck it between his legs with intent to use it. As a cop in today's world you just dont know. By announcing it makes you seem less agressive and more willing to cooperate.

I disagree about not announcing he had a gun. Let's say he didn't announce he had a gun and the police had him reach for something and all the sudden they see a gun sticking out. The guy could have pulled in and stuck it between his legs with intent to use it. As a cop in today's world you just dont know. By announcing it makes you seem less agressive and more willing to cooperate.

Sorry, the smart thing to do is you keep it in the glove compartment or "concealed." You're black. A white police officer is approaching. If I'm him, I put my hands up behind my head like I'm relaxing, or on the dashboard, whatever. SOMEWHERE visible. When he approaches, I calmly roll down the window, begin the conversation and immediately and kindly state "FYI officer, I have a concealed carry permit issued by the State of Minnesota, County of Whatever, and that weapon is with me." Give the officer the chance to determine how he wants to proceed.

He did the dumbest thing possible. He had the gun in his lap with his hand on it. Just stupid.

No, it's not his fault he's dead and I'm not saying that.

Some states require that a CCW holder notify the LEO that he/she is carrying, but you have to do it the "right" way. Hands at the 10 and 2 o'clock positions on the steering wheel at all times, and then ask how you should proceed in showing your permit and location of weapon..

He was a suspect since he fit the description of the perp.

My point is he was not an armed robber which is what these stories are trying to imply.

Again what does it hurt to try and train LEOs in better procedures and weed out the weak sisters like the clown that shot Philando Castile.

I agree. Hate crime is more focused on because it provides a reason and attracts storylines. White, black, brown, cop or not. A hate crime is a hate crime. The political correctness is what is ruining the whole percieved notion on this matter. Until we as society learn to live without judging on appearance things are only gonna get worse such as the case now. The whole situation in Dallas; I don't look at the guy as being black. I just see it as he was a violent man, with a thirst to kill cops. Now because the media pushed his race and the fact he hated whitey, it's ruffling the feathers of violent protesters

Just put it simply, our countries current society sucks

Outside agitators! Just like in the old days.

43 of 102 arrested protestors from outside Baton Rouge, police say

Baton Rouge law enforcement officials on Sunday (July 10) released booking information to bolster their assertion that a violent protest outside department headquarters was influenced by persons not from the city.

Of the 102 people arrested at the Saturday night rally protesting the death of Alton Sterling, only 59 were from Baton Rouge. The remaining 43 arrestees -- 42 percent of those taken into custody -- either were homeless or listed addresses outside the city, according to information released by the East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office.

20716538-mmmain.jpg

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf...tors.html#incart_2box_nola_river_orleans_news