• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dennis Hastert Question

Troglodyte

Reaction score
So I guess his victim now has an identity... and has had $3.5 million in the bank for a while. Not to excuse or condone Hastert or anything, but shouldn't his victim also possibly face extortion charges? Doesn't it set a bad precedent not to charge him? Or am I missing something?

So I guess his victim now has an identity... and has had $3.5 million in the bank for a while. Not to excuse or condone Hastert or anything, but shouldn't his victim also possibly face extortion charges? Doesn't it set a bad precedent not to charge him? Or am I missing something?

His victim is dead. According to his sister she never asked him for money, she confronted him about the abuse and he offered it.

Strange story made even stranger.

I haven't paid much attention to the story. What little I have seen makes it sound like he is ******.

If no one ever asked for money and he just gave them hush money, I don't think they are at fault. However, if it is someone else other than the victim that he was paying off, I'd say it was conspiracy to conceal a crime and they were an accessory after the fact. If I were a prosecutor, I probably wouldn't pile that on to the sister if the victim was deceased, though. They should probably get jacked for taxes, though.

I haven't paid much attention to the story. What little I have seen makes it sound like he is ******.

If no one ever asked for money and he just gave them hush money, I don't think they are at fault. However, if it is someone else other than the victim that he was paying off, I'd say it was conspiracy to conceal a crime and they were an accessory after the fact. If I were a prosecutor, I probably wouldn't pile that on to the sister if the victim was deceased, though. They should probably get jacked for taxes, though.

Yeah, I think taking hush money and letting a child molester walk around free to hurt other kids probably should be a crime of some sort.

I had a family reunion outside of Chicago back in August. We all went to eat at this big family style restaurant / antique museum known for its fried chicken. My great aunt told me it was owned by Hastert.