• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Derek Chauvin Trial

She has the right to free speech, and nothing she said rises to the level of demanding her resignation. If you wanna go down path, then demand the resignation of a boatload of GOP congressmen & women, particularly those who egged on the frenzied crowds to storm the Capitol on Jan 6th.

What about when Biden and Harris urged leftist goon squads to target anybody wearing a red hat for violence?

Oh, sorry, I thought this was the "make **** up people didn't say and pretend they said it" thread.

All of this over a fake 20 dollar bill.

If any other officer had been on duty that day instead of Derek Chauvin, George Floyd would be alive.

If the jury votes to acquit him, yeah, I imagine **** will hit the fan. And it shouldn't come as a shock to anyone why that would be.

It certainly wouldn't take Rep. Maxine Walters' comments to inspire whatever backlash that will ensue, that is for sure.

But let's not put the cart before the horse. The jury can still do the right thing and throw the kitchen sink at this bad cop, as they should.

And for the record, it's my opinion the three other cops who were on George Floyd are just as guilty as the ******* that had his knee on Floyd's neck murdering him. They're guilty to a lesser degree, but guilty just the same, for not interjecting and allowing Chauvin to murder Floyd in the manner he did.

To Protect and To Serve. This whole crew failed miserably at doing either.

I don't think it's possible to know exactly how much each factor was responsible for causing Floyd's death, but in the end I don't think it matters. Chauvin knelt on him for more than three minutes after he was limp and unconscious, and for a couple of minutes after another officer couldn't find a pulse.

If Floyd was lying there dying of a drug overdose, Chauvin had a duty to assist him, not continue to kneel on him with his face shoved into the ground. Even the bystanders knew he was dying and they said so, and none of these officers did a thing to help him. To me that's manslaughter at a minimum whether the neck compression caused his death or not.

Not to mention the depraved indifference Chauvin demonstrated for this fellow human being's suffering. That was sickening to watch. I don't think there's any way a jury gets past watching that video, at least I hope not.

It’s not Trump-level incitement, but it’s still wrong.

I've never encouraged, supported or condoned any type of violence. And nothing has changed how I feel about it.

She has the right to free speech, and nothing she said rises to the level of demanding her resignation. If you wanna go down path, then demand the resignation of a boatload of GOP congressmen & women, particularly those who egged on the frenzied crowds to storm the Capitol on Jan 6th. That actually happened, while with Waters, we're dealing with a hypothetical.

Your level of derangement is quite truly off the charts.

To say Trump saying "If you don't fight like hell you're not going to have a country anymore" is more inciteful than Water's own words quite literally calling for PHYSICAL CONFRONTATIONS is delusional.

Leaders throughout history have told their followers to fight for what they believe in - Obama, JFK, MLK, on and on an on.

Maxine telling her followers to confront people and where to confront them is the **** that starts wars.

You're ok with her egging on "truly frenzied" crowds that are armed, attacking police, innocents and killing people.

Yet you see Jan 6, where no one killed anyone except an unnamed Capitol Police Officer shooting a woman as being more horrific than 13-14 months of death, destruction and carnage, much of it insurrection, called for and supported by your leaders like Mad Max and even Pelosi.

Not at all shocking. Not in the least.

You're ok with her egging on "truly frenzied" crowds that are armed, attacking police, innocents and killing people.

Like Squealtime, you too seem to have been dropped on your head one too many times as a child.

What Maxine Waters said - “We’ve got to get more confrontational” - is wrong.

You know, the part that I wrote that you conveniently left out of your quote. (y)

Like Squealtime, you too seem to have been dropped on your head one too many times as a child.

You know, the part that I wrote that you conveniently left out of your quote. (y)

so you believe she should be impeached or whatever the Congress equivalent?

so you believe she should be impeached or whatever the Congress equivalent?

No, because her words have not led to any criminal behavior. She's since clarified that she meant that people should raise their voices and protest, not to be violent. Regardless, she's speaking of a hypothetical, since nothing has happened in this case, one way or another.

But I love seeing the huge uproar on the right over this. Just chuckling out loud reading gateway pundit & right-wing media and seeing the huge outrage over her words. The exact same group that had zero problem with the events that lead to Jan 6th, or the vitriol coming out of former guy's fat mouth 24/7 for four years straight. Such a study in contrasts, lol.

So as soon as there is any violence after the trial, then you are on board with impeachment?

Prove that her words incited the whoop-*** that would undoubtedly be unleashed if there's an acquital. Good luck with that.

But yeah, I'd support Congress to censure her for her words, although the fact she's walked them back since yesterday would probably be a mitigating factor.

And to be clear, neither George Floyd nor Rep. Maxine Waters are on trial here, Officer Derek Chauvin is. There seems to be some confusion about that.

As I've consistently said over the years - and you and others have consistently twisted my words - I support peaceful assembly and the right to protest. These are both Constitutional rights. What Maxine Waters said - “We’ve got to get more confrontational” - is wrong. And it’s not the first time she’s used inciting language. It’s not Trump-level incitement, but it’s still wrong.

I've never encouraged, supported or condoned any type of violence. And nothing has changed how I feel about it.

She has the right to free speech, and nothing she said rises to the level of demanding her resignation. If you wanna go down path, then demand the resignation of a boatload of GOP congressmen & women, particularly those who egged on the frenzied crowds to storm the Capitol on Jan 6th. That actually happened, while with Waters, we're dealing with a hypothetical.
Dude the whole board remembers you cheering on AntiFa violence and "Punching Nazis" during the Charlottesville Rally. I do believe you would rather climb a tree to tell a lie than stand on the ground and tell the truth.

Dude the whole board remembers you cheering on AntiFa violence and "Punching Nazis" during the Charlottesville Rally. I do believe you would rather climb a tree to tell a lie than stand on the ground and tell the truth.

Do you not agree with punching Nazis?

Prove that her words incited the whoop-*** that would undoubtedly be unleashed if there's an acquital. Good luck with that.

But yeah, I'd support Congress to censure her for her words, although the fact she's walked them back since yesterday would probably be a mitigating factor.

And to be clear, neither George Floyd nor Rep. Maxine Waters are on trial here, Officer Derek Chauvin is. There seems to be some confusion about that.

so no proof needed for Trump’s words but with a democrat it’s different. Just nice to see you go on record with your hypocrisy and lack of core beliefs.

so no proof needed for Trump’s words
Um, we had something affectionately referred to as an impeachment trial over this, remember?

And guess what, former guy was impeached precisely 'for his words.'

"Donald John Trump engaged in high Crimes and Misdemeanors by inciting violence against the Government of the United States," the article argues, citing his false claims of election fraud in the months leading up to the riot — which he repeated on Jan. 6 — and a phone call to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger in which Trump urged him to "find" votes to overturn the results there.

The impeachment article says that during an address to supporters on the day of the violence, Trump "willfully made statements that, in context, encouraged — and foreseeably resulted in — lawless action at the Capitol, such as: 'if you don't fight like hell you're not going to have a county anymore.' "

You can read it in its full glory here, if you need a refresher > https://cicilline.house.gov/sites/cicilline.house.gov/files/documents/ARTICLES - Final 1030 - 011121.pdf

Now let's get back to the topic of this thread, the outcome of this trial of the brutal murder of George Floyd.

Last edited:
Prosecutor Jerry Blackwell has been crushing it this entire trial, such a skilled lawyer & amazing orator.

He just wrapped up the case with the following words, then turned and walked away from the podium.

I paraphrase: "The defense would want you to believe George Floyd died from having too big of a heart.* That is incorrect. George Floyd died because Officer Chauvin had too little of a heart."

*or fetanyl use, or exhaust fumes, or existing medical conditions, or the weather, or blah blah whatever else Chauvin's lawyers threw at the wall to see what would stick.

Last edited:
Judge just said Maxine Waters may have given defense an issue to raise on appeal.

Judge just said Maxine Waters may have given defense an issue to raise on appeal.

He did, then rejected the appeal. The judge blasted Waters for potentially interfering in the trial with her comments. Having said that he concluded that her comments do not justify a mistrial.

It was a fair shot by Chauvin's lawyer, a last, desperate attempt to somehow get the case thrown out.

And I agree with the judge, would be nice if public figures such as Waters would keep their mouths shut regarding an ongoing legal proceeding such as this.

So now jury is in deliberation, wonder how long this is gonna take.

Last edited:
He did, then rejected the appeal. The judge blasted Waters for potentially interfering in the trial with her comments. Having said that he concluded that her comments do not justify a mistrial.

It was a fair shot by Chauvin's lawyer, a last, desperate attempt to somehow get the case thrown out.

And I agree with the judge, would be nice if public figures such as Waters would keep their mouths shut regarding an ongoing legal proceeding such as this.
He didn't reject the appeal, an appeal only happens after a conviction. He rejected the request for a mistrial. It will be a big issue on appeal if he is convicted. If it can be argued that some heard these threats and convicted (even partially) out of fear of what might happen if they didn't, he'll walk.

Do you not agree with punching Nazis?

No I don't. Not even real Nazis because they have the same rights as communists like you. However when you say Nazi you mean Not-C meaning anyone that is not a communist.

He didn't reject the appeal, an appeal only happens after a conviction. He rejected to request for a mistrial. It will be a big issue on appeal if he is convicted.

Yes, you are correct, he rejected the request for a mistrial. For sure there will be an appeal if he's convicted, so Maxine Waters could indeed be a big part of that. And the defense lawyer mentioned some tv shows that dealt with the case they felt may influence the jury's decision. So an appeal could include several factors, who knows to what end.

I bet Waters is regretting opening her big mouth on this. She couldn't help herself, it's been her m.o. her whole political career. And I say that given that more often than not I agree with the positions she takes, she just goes too far and uses inflammatory language. Which is a toxic mix for a public official.

Basically, yes.
That sucks, Ron, sorry you and your wife had to deal with that. Racism against whites is no different than racism against blacks, latinos, asians. It's all the same. It comes from a place of hatred & bigotry. It is unacceptable and should be denounced, whatever form it comes in.

Like you conveniently labeled the Jan 6 crowd "frenzied" while forgetting to mention that Maxine speaks to and enrages a particularly more frenzied, armed, insurrectional base....

Yes, we notice.