• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Derek Chauvin Trial

That sucks, Ron, sorry you and your wife had to deal with that. Racism against whites is no different than racism against blacks, latinos, asians. It's all the same. It comes from a place of hatred & bigotry. It is unacceptable and should be denounced, whatever form it comes in.
This would be an opportune time for you to apologize for your extreme racism against white people.

All of this over a fake 20 dollar bill.

You are forced to lie because the truth does not support your purely political goals. Specifically, "all this" was not over a counterfeit bill, you idiot. "All this" was due to:
  • Floyd taking a substantial amount of illegal narcotics which interfered with his breathing.
  • Floyd resisting arrest before he was put into the car and then while he was in the back seat, struggling with the officers.
  • Floyd telling a litany of stories about his claustrophobia, having Covid, not wanting to go to jail, begging to be released, and asking to be taken out of the car because he could not breathe.
The failure of the police to get him medical attention is the key to the case. Floyd was not asphyxiated according to one of the prosecution's witnesses. The coroner's report said that the police were one factor - ONE - in causing his death.

That equates to criminal negligence, i.e., manslaughter.

Um, we had something affectionately referred to as an impeachment trial over this, remember?

I remember he was acquitted.

Do you? Yeah, thought so.

And guess what, former guy was impeached precisely 'for his words.'

"Donald John Trump engaged in high Crimes and Misdemeanors by inciting violence against the Government of the United States," the article argues, citing his false claims of election fraud in the months leading up to the riot — which he repeated on Jan. 6 — and a phone call to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger in which Trump urged him to "find" votes to overturn the results there.

We now know that was a lie the entire time. You may be the last person on earth too dumb or lazy to have been informed that the "find the votes" claim was a complete and total fabrication.

One of the most damning indictments of President Donald Trump's behavior in the immediate aftermath of the 2020 presidential election was that he allegedly pressured Georgia's lead elections investigator to "find the fraud." The Washington Post first reported this detail on January 9, and countless other mainstream media sites publicized it.

But that reporting was wrong. Trump never used the phrase "find the fraud" during his December phone call with Frances Watson, the chief investigator within the secretary of state's office; moreover, he never promised Watson that she would be a "national hero" if she did discover evidence of fraud.

The Post's article relied on testimony from an anonymous source, since it was believed that no recording of the phone call existed. But Watson discovered an audio file during an effort to retrieve documents for a public records request. This file, which was published last week by The Wall Street Journal, makes clear that the quotes supplied by the anonymous source were erroneous.

Back to your hidey-hole, little man.

Um, we had something affectionately referred to as an impeachment trial over this, remember?

And guess what, former guy was impeached precisely 'for his words.'

You can read it in its full glory here, if you need a refresher > https://cicilline.house.gov/sites/cicilline.house.gov/files/documents/ARTICLES - Final 1030 - 011121.pdf

Now let's get back to the topic of this thread, the outcome of this trial of the brutal murder of George Floyd.

right, and I assume you want a similar impeachment trial for Waters.

Yeah, you didn't even have to respond, I already knew that about you. (y)
Tibs you ignorant slut at least have the balls not to edit my reply. You and the legacy media doing the same ****.

Tibs you ignorant slut at least have the balls not to edit my reply. You and the legacy media doing the same ****.

You said what you said, it's right there in your post.

I wonder what our WWII veterans would think about you bellyaching about ******* Nazis & Commies being afforded Constitutional protections of free speech? I'd punch a 'real' Nazi or a Soviet Commie without hesitation, as would any of our veterans who'd come face to face with one, back in the day.

I guess that's the difference between you & me.

I'd punch a 'real' Nazi or a Soviet Commie without hesitation,
Tibs punching a commie.

tenor.gif

Wow Maxine done gone ****** up huh?

George Floyd judge just slapped down Maxine Waters in open court…​

Chauvin trial Judge Peter Cahill responds to defense request for a mistrial over comments by Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA): “I’ll give you that Congresswoman Waters may have given you something on appeal that may result in this whole trial being overturned.”

Of course nothing will happen, but a Federal Judge just gave her a public ***** slap. It should be one of many she receives, one can only hope.

Not sure where to post this, so I'll drop it here. Nothing we didn't know already....Conservatives are smarter than Liberals and Liberals are more prone to believe damn near anything their media tells them.

And the study shows, those that scream "racism" the most are typically the most ignorant.

We are shocked.

Public interest in the Derek Chauvin trial is likely influenced by the widespread belief that police killings of young black men are common.

But most Americans wildly overestimate how often this happens, and how wrong they are is closely connected to their political beliefs, according to a recent study.

Traffic accidents kill about 23 in 100,000 men ages 25-29, with a slightly higher rate for blacks relative to whites. This is at least five times higher than police killings of black men of the same age, using any method of force.

Eight in 10 black survey respondents said they believe young black men are more likely to die in police shootings than in traffic accidents. (The black rate of deaths by police is three times higher than for whites, however.)

Blacks who voted for President Donald Trump in 2020 were far less likely to wrongly believe that police shootings claim more young black lives than traffic accidents, though most of them (53%) still incorrectly guessed, showing this belief is "not simply a function of ideology." Among those who voted for Joe Biden, 81% were wrong.

The demographic closest to getting the answer right was white Trump voters, only 15% of whom incorrectly believed police shootings killed more young black men. For white Biden voters, the figure was 53%
, and about 10 points higher for highly educated liberal whites.

The surveys were conducted in November and December and disclosed in a report on "The Social Construction of Racism in the United States" by University of London politics professor Eric Kaufmann. He obtained his data on police killings and traffic deaths from science journals and a highway insurance nonprofit.

Kaufmann found that ideology, presidential vote and view on whether "white Republicans are racist" had an even greater effect than race on a person's answer to the question.

Unusually, education level made virtually no difference in how black respondents answered: 78% of non-college graduates and 76% of college graduates said police shootings killed more young black men than traffic accidents.

White (70%) and black (95%) respondents who agreed "white Republicans are racist" were the farthest off. Kaufmann said his findings are in line with a recent survey series by the Skeptic Research Center, which found "very liberal" Americans believed police killed at least 1,000 unarmed black men in 2019 — "a likely error of at least an order of magnitude."

Black Biden voters, meanwhile, were twice as likely as black Trump voters to say they experienced more racism under the Trump administration than under President Obama. Black Trump voters reported "a consistent level of racism" under the two administrations.

This particular survey, conducted right after the November election, was designed to catch voters who gave different answers to the same question after "partisan prompts."

The first question about racism asked black respondents how often they experienced it "in your daily life." About a third of each candidate's voters said they experienced racism at least monthly.

“Much later in the 80-question” survey, Kaufmann asked how often they experienced racism in their daily lives in the Obama versus Trump administrations. Biden voters, "the vast majority" of the sample, were now twice as likely to report monthly racism under Trump (42%) as under Obama (21%).

"The fact that Biden but not Trump voters deviated from their initial answer (when neither Trump nor Obama was mentioned) suggests that Democrats are largely responsible for changing their answers in response to partisan cues," the report said.

The black respondents who agreed "white Republicans are racist" were also three times likelier (56%) to say they experienced racism under Trump than those who disagreed.

You said what you said, it's right there in your post.

I wonder what our WWII veterans would think about you bellyaching about ******* Nazis & Commies being afforded Constitutional protections of free speech? I'd punch a 'real' Nazi or a Soviet Commie without hesitation, as would any of our veterans who'd come face to face with one, back in the day.

I guess that's the difference between you & me.
Well you are a communist and I support your God Given rights, and I am a veteran so....

Well you are a communist and I support your God Given rights, and I am a veteran so....
The last thing I've ever been, or am, or ever will be is a communist. But your skull is made of rebar & cement, thus that will never resonate with you. Thank you for your service, have a great day!

The last thing I've ever been, or am, or ever will be is a communist. But your skull is made of rebar & cement, thus that will never resonate with you. Thank you for your service, have a great day!
I forgot.

You are calling communism "Progressive" now. Even "Progressives" have rights and should not have acts of battery committed against them simply because they have backwards, wrongheaded political views.

I forgot. You are calling communism "Progressive" now. Even "Progressives" have rights and should not have acts of battery committed against them simply because they have backwards, wrongheaded political views.
I wouldn't even call myself a progressive. I'm a slighly-left leaning, middle-of-the-road liberal conservative who had a zillion issues with the former guy. (/duh). As far as the Dems, I hate pc culture, gender neutrality issues and feel the left goes way overboard on so many topics. I can also hardly recognize the GOP since MAGA and feel it's veered way off from traditional conservative values. I am vehemently opposed to all forms of authoritarianism, such as Fascism and Communism.

I do think global warming/climate change is real and a huge ******* problem. Does that make me a communist? lol

The politican who seems to come pretty close to representing my views on the Hill would be independant Rep. Angus King from Maine, if that says anything to you.

That's why I laugh & shake my head that you throw labels at me, all because I've opposed Trump/MAGA and what it stands for, and tend to go against the grain with most everything on this board. That does not make one a communist, no matter how hard you all work at pigeonholing me as one. (y)

I wouldn't even call myself a progressive. I'm a slighly-left leaning, middle-of-the-road liberal conservative who had a zillion issues with the former guy. (/duh). As far as the Dems, I hate pc culture, gender neutrality issues and feel the left goes way overboard on so many topics. I can also hardly recognize the GOP since MAGA and feel it's veered way off from traditional conservative values. I am vehemently opposed to all forms of authoritarianism, such as Fascism and Communism.

I do think global warming/climate change is real and a huge ******* problem. Does that make me a communist? lol

The politican who seems to come pretty close to representing my views on the Hill would be independant Rep. Angus King from Maine, if that says anything to you.

That's why I laugh & shake my head that you throw labels at me, all because I've opposed Trump/MAGA and what it stands for, and tend to go against the grain with most everything on this board. That does not make one a communist, no matter how hard you all work at pigeonholing me as one. (y)
You were an unhinged lefty during the Obama Regime too.

The most significant aspect of this case is the fact cops took the stand and publicly condemned what this bad cop did. Lots of them did.

We've never seen the blue wall of silence crumble like this. Even the police chief and other officers testified and agreed Chauvin was in the wrong.

I applaud every single one of them. This goes a long way in rebuilding trust with the communities they serve. And it's a huge step in the right direction, to help draw a clear line of demarcation between good cops & bad cops.

A basic, fundamental premise of being a 'good cop' is not allowing other cops to be bad cops. Kudos to these brave and upstanding officers for doing the right thing.

The most significant aspect of this case is the fact cops took the stand and publicly condemned what this bad cop did. Lots of them did.

We've never seen the blue wall of silence crumble like this. Even the police chief and other officers testified and agreed Chauvin was in the wrong.

I applaud every single one of them. This goes a long way in rebuilding trust with the communities they serve. And it's a huge step in the right direction, to help draw a clear line of demarcation between good cops & bad cops.

A basic, fundamental premise of being a 'good cop' is not allowing other cops to be bad cops. Kudos to these brave and upstanding officers for doing the right thing.

Who the **** said what Chauvin did was right?
Who the **** wouldn't condemn it?
But neither constitutes murder you idiot.

Again, I think Floyd would have been dead in another half hour from a drug overdose anyway even if the cops had not shown up. Where I have a problem is that he was in the back seat of a police car and then pulled back out and put on the ground. He's handcuffed and in a police car so haul him off to jail then.

Again, I think Floyd would have been dead in another half hour from a drug overdose anyway even if the cops had not shown up. Where I have a problem is that he was in the back seat of a police car and then pulled back out and put on the ground. He's handcuffed and in a police car so haul him off to jail then.
That is my opinion as well. Since Chauvin did everything else within departmental guidelines and the physical evidence shows that he did not inflict any physical damage I believe the most they could prove is manslaughter because of depraved indifference.

that will be the next step in an arrest/detainment process.

once cuffed and stuffed, they do not remove a suspected perp until arrival at the Popo Station. Then an assessment will be made on the suspected perp's health, etc.

Back in the good old days a cop would've just cracked George upside his thug head with a tonfa, locked him in the back of a paddy wagon and drove off. All this bullshit would've been avoided.

Shocking as this may seem to some, this would resolve 95% of the issue. You're welcome.

I've been called a racist more than once for suggesting just that.

that’s the irony of all of this. A big part of this is people trying to help him may have hurt him. The cops took him out of the car and laid him down because he asked for it. Then the crowd gathered and started threatening the cops thinking they were helping but that just meant the ambulance stays away.

Do you need to check your white privilege. You Cracka assed Cracka!
It's almost like the answer has to be less laws and less law enforcement.