• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Derek Chauvin Trial

The "blue wall of silence" is BS. The police told the truth about what they saw. They likely do in most cases however it doesn't fit the political narrative when they testify that Yes Virginia, some uses of force are actually justified.

It's almost like the answer has to be less laws and less law enforcement.
We're getting a taste of what that will be like with murder rates going up in cities all over the country.

Why would anyone decide to be a police officer now? I think I'd rather pick mushrooms out of manure on a farm than risk my life for people who have absolutely zero respect for me.

Last edited:
This post on CFP boils it down...

Prepare yourselves for Casey Anthony Ver. 2.0…98% oxygenation in blood hemoglobin, does not equal asphyxiation, as the cause of death…”I can’t breathe”, does match lethal overdose of fentanyl…OOPS!!!…He was already dying when the whole thing started…No murder…No manslaughter…Prosecution has not proved, “Beyond a reasonable doubt, and to a moral certainty…”, that a felonious death took place, much less, the Officer’s guilt…The Democrats (Waters and Biden, etc…) meddling where they don’t belong, could result in a Mistrial, which will start the “Riots of the Summer of ’21″…The riots are coming no matter what, and they couldn’t happen in a more appropriate city…Get your popcorn ready…

It's almost like the answer has to be less laws and less law enforcement.
Yeah but leftists Seem to forget that having no police is a sword that cuts both ways. If the government cannot and will not maintain law and order and keep the peace then vigilante action becomes inevitable.

The "blue wall of silence" is BS. The police told the truth about what they saw. They likely do in most cases however it doesn't fit the political narrative when they testify that Yes Virginia, some uses of force are actually justified.
The Blue wall of Silence is a myth. The only people that hate bad cops and cops that abuse their badge more than citizens are good cops. But again, that doesn't fit the narrative that all of the police are racists, sexist, misogynists...etc.

Maxine Waters handed them grounds for appeal.

That is an uphill battle. Very steep hill, by the way. Chauvin will need to prove at least one juror heard it, and had his or her vote swayed by the comment. That burden is almost impossible since the jurors are not going to undo what they have done, and appellate courts routinely reject claims that a jury was affected by outside sources even when loud protests are taking place outside the courthouse during the trial.

The better argument is the lack of evidence of intent to kill. However, even then appellate courts rarely get involved. They hold the jury heard the evidence, evaluated witnesses and they are not going to replace the jurors' thought process.

Contrary to popular view, appellants rarely prevail in appeals.

That is an uphill battle. Very steep hill, by the way. Chauvin will need to prove at least one juror heard it, and had his or her vote swayed by the comment. That burden is almost impossible since the jurors are not going to undo what they have done, and appellate courts routinely reject claims that a jury was affected by outside sources even when loud protests are taking place outside the courthouse during the trial.

The better argument is the lack of evidence of intent to kill. However, even then appellate courts rarely get involved. They hold the jury heard the evidence, evaluated witnesses and they are not going to replace the jurors' thought process.

Contrary to popular view, appellants rarely prevail in appeals.

i assume even if they had black and whit video of a juror’s spouse tied to railroad tracks, the appeal would be denied.

We're getting a taste of what that will be like with murder rates going up in cities all over the country.

Why would anyone decide to be a police officer now? I think I'd rather pick mushrooms out of manure on a farm than risk my life for people who haze absolutely zero respect for me.
I’ve stated many times I have many family that serve. Blue or other. Their wife’s for months now have told them to get out. They won’t. They still believe in what they do. It’s ****** the head of this country called for him to hang.

Who is more disappointed with the outcome, police who supported Chauvin, or BLM leaders who had plans to keep monetizing the tragedy?
Ahh the truth. They wanted to riot. **** I bet they still do but it will be called a peaceful celebration of truth

I’m no lawyer, but if the charge is unintentional murder, what would lack of evidence of intent to kill get you? Based upon the charge, it seems seems like they conceded from the get go that they couldn’t prove intent. I don’t believe I was aware that unintentional murder was a thing until today.

I’m no lawyer, but if the charge is unintentional murder, what would lack of evidence of intent to kill get you? Based upon the charge, it seems seems like they conceded from the get go that they couldn’t prove intent. I don’t believe I was aware that unintentional murder was a thing until today.
I always thought unintentional murder was manslaughter. I’m not a lawyer, and I certainly don’t know Minnesota law. On top of that, I don’t really care about Derek Chauvin. He did what he did, he got what he got. Scumbag of a human being. **** that guy.

Chauvin convicted of 2nd degree murder, which required a showing of intent to kill.

2020 Minnesota Statutes
Section 609.19
609.19 MURDER IN THE SECOND DEGREE.

Subdivision 1. Intentional murder.

Whoever does either of the following is guilty of murder in the second degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 40 years:

(1) causes the death of a human being with intent to effect the death of that person or another, but without premeditation.