• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Derek Chauvin Trial

I don't see how the two incidents are related. Trust me - the Black community is not outraged over Makhia's shooting now that the body cam footage has been released.

She was absolutely wrong and the police officer made the right decision.
Some people are outraged and condemned the officer involved before even knowing what happened. But that wasn't my point. Even in a fully justified shooting like this the police officer would be open to a civil suit against him. He'd likely win with the right lawyers but that costs time and lots of money. Police officers have to make split second life or death decisions all the time.

Got it wrong how???
No Petechial hemorrhaging

No structural damage to the neck or throat

98% oxygen saturation of the blood in the lungs

Lethal dose of fentanyl

The factual physical evidence shows that Chauvin did not physically harm George Floyd. It shows that Floyd died of a drug overdose. The only thing that Chavin could criminally be guilty of his manslaughter via depraved indifference. Chauvin should only have been found guilty of one count.

I don't see how the two incidents are related. Trust me - the Black community is not outraged over Makhia's shooting now that the body cam footage has been released.

No, no, people are saying he should have shot the knife out of her hand. Seriously.
People who have obviously never shot a gun and it really works like it does in the Walking Dead.
I do shoot and practice and believe me, hitting a torso shot at 20 feet with a pistol is kinda iffy, let alone an arm or leg.

Someone should inform the media .

Well, we’re all wearing masks now, so....
No, no, people are saying he should have shot the knife out of her hand. Seriously.
People who have obviously never shot a gun and it really works like it does in the Walking Dead.
I do shoot and practice and believe me, hitting a torso shot at 20 feet with a pistol is kinda iffy, let alone an arm or leg.

Shot the knife out of her hand that was directly in line with the girl she was going to stab. Brilliant! About a 99% chance of missing. If it hit, it probably goes through the hand and into the other girls chest.

Not even a world champion competitive shooter with a top of the line custom 9mm would take that shot.

Monday I went to our sheriff's office shooting range and shot their qualification course. they shoot from 25 yards down to 5 yards on a timed course, 50 rounds in around two minutes. you need to score a 90 percent to pass. then you have to shoot the stress course, someone is yelling what color to shoot out of six colors while others are creating total caos.

I don't care how much training you have, making split second decisions is almost impossible. Police officers have on average less than 12 seconds and less than 20 feet to make a life and death decision. you want to judge these police officers go to your local sheriff and have them run you through their course.

Derek Chauvin neaded to be punished but not used as a sacrifical lamb to appease the masses. You text and drive and kill someone it's manslaughter and that's not dealing with a criminal. Chauvin shoud have gotten manslaughter.

We have become a society that will throw a persons life away to stop others from destroying and stealing instead of actually using the law the way it was intended. our legal system including the juriors were bullied into the decision that was made and I thought bulling was wrong.

Monday I went to our sheriff's office shooting range and shot their qualification course. they shoot from 25 yards down to 5 yards on a timed course, 50 rounds in around two minutes. you need to score a 90 percent to pass. then you have to shoot the stress course, someone is yelling what color to shoot out of six colors while others are creating total caos.

I practice a lot. I use a firearm I am extremely familiar with and have shot thousands of rounds while using, Walther PPQ M2 9mm. Great firearm. Best trigger out there. Also, I have taken courses on shooting under difficult conditions, including while moving, at night, target differentiation. It is so goddamn hard. People have no idea. NONE. Zero.

Been a while, but I used to play outfield. I think that gives me an advantage over a lot of other amateur shooters, since as an outfielder, I developed the ability to maintain focus on a moving object while running. I learned many years ago that I absolutely had to keep my head as still as possible while running, since if your head starts to bob up and down, the target looks like it is bouncing around.

Even with a lot of practice, a lot of work, training, many years of experience in maintaining focus on an object while running, using a firearm that I am incredibly familiar with and comfortable using, shooting at pieces of paper that I know present no threat of harm to me - I still miss, particularly from more than 7 yards. 10 yards is basically my effective range.

"Oh, thirty feet, that's far away" people say. Go outside and pace it off. Seriously, do it. Then consider somebody in that perimeter, coming at you with a weapon, or going after someone you know and love with a weapon, with other people 50 yards away (bullets don't ask for identification, people), heart rate pounding, he's moving, you're moving. Go ahead and fire one round and stop.

Oh, shoulder wound? Too ******* bad, your wife is dead. Good news, though, the protesters think you did the right thing.

I don't care how much training you have, making split second decisions is almost impossible. Police officers have on average less than 12 seconds and less than 20 feet to make a life and death decision. you want to judge these police officers go to your local sheriff and have them run you through their course.

Agree one million percent. Any person who wants to pop off about how the police used lethal force should before compelled to run a brief obstacle course, arrive a a hectic situation, and have 12 seconds to pick out and hit & stop 2 targets among 4 or 5.

What I can basically guarantee is that the designated target might have a nick, while the innocent bystanders are probably going to look like a colander.

"Oh, but they are the professionals and are a lot better at this than I am because they train for it." Okay, I accept that.

But when you start offering your opinions on a shooting, perhaps you should ******* REMEMBER THEY ARE PROFESSIONALS AND ARE MUCH BETTER AT THIS THAN YOU ARE BECAUSE THEY TRAIN FOR IT.

This is all about BLM and political operatives trying to use this to justify bad behavior. Period.. end of story.

This particular incident is really easy to justify. Knife... hand... .45 seconds from murdering a girl... pull trigger to neutralize the threat. Age, skin color, and reasons why play no part in this calculus. If you exchange the girl who she was about to kill with anyone's daughter and said what do you want the cop to do 100% of the people would say SHOOOOOT!!! Anyone that says differently is lying for political points.

People don't get it. Been a gun owner my whole life. But there are miles of difference between a long gun and a hand gun.

Shooting a hand gun, standing still, controlling your breathing, with no stress and hitting a target at 10 yards is NOT easy for the average. I'm not a great shot yet, I'm not a bad shot, but to my defense I've only shot about 300 rounds through it so far. Still....wow. Took my son and my father shooting and put a 1 foot by 1 foot target on trees. The three of us utterly totally missed the target from 10-12 yards 20% of the time. Missed the whole target.

People who don't know guns....and hell I think I know quite a bit about guns...people who don't know handguns have NO clue. I mean none.

Shoot the knife out of her hand??? Shoot her in the leg while shes diving and lunging???

Holy mother of pearl people are stupid.

Shoot the knife out of her hand??? Shoot her in the leg while shes diving and lunging???

Holy mother of pearl people are stupid.

Horseshit, TSF! I watched Lone Ranger, and every goddamn episode, he shot the gun out of a guy's hand from 30', or a knife, or a tomahawk - while wearing a mask!!

Cue the political freeloaders in 3 ... 2 ... 1
Actually put this in the wrong thread. I meant to put it in the thread with the girl that was almost stabbed to death.

Horseshit, TSF! I watched Lone Ranger, and every goddamn episode, he shot the gun out of a guy's hand from 30', or a knife, or a tomahawk - while wearing a mask!!
Tonto was equally deadly I hear

Actually put this in the wrong thread. I meant to put it in the thread with the girl that was almost stabbed to death.

Ehh, then you're out of luck because the moderators here are among the dumbest, laziest, most ill-informed dickbags ever to walk the earth. I swear they allow Flog, Decaf and 21 to continue posting only to make themselves look smart.

Shooting a hand gun, standing still, controlling your breathing, with no stress and hitting a target at 10 yards is NOT easy for the average. I'm not a great shot yet, I'm not a bad shot, but to my defense I've only shot about 300 rounds through it so far. Still....wow. Took my son and my father shooting and put a 1 foot by 1 foot target on trees. The three of us utterly totally missed the target from 10-12 yards 20% of the time. Missed the whole target.
As a licensed embalmer I might be more dangerous with a knife than a gun.

The nation is only asking for ACCOUNTABILITY. Period. Don't make this more than that...
From the police or from the criminals? Maybe if the criminals took accountability for their own actions, almost all of these incidents go away.

As a licensed embalmer I might be more dangerous with a knife than a gun.

Knives are scary as all hell. If you train with one,you can be absolutely deadly in a flash.

I used to carry a scalpel hunting and used to shave with a straight razor. One hit with either of those and you're laid wide open with a gaping wound that will completely freak you out.

Most skilled knife fighters can tag you a half dozen times or more before you even have time to process it.

this is ****** up all the way around.

and not just a dig at you, Indy.

the thing is, we want unity and everyone helping everyone else. i have black friends, i have white friends, i have brown friends. I even have a green friend who lives in a swamp and owes me some nectar of the gods. thing is, i call them all friends. and **** with them without impunity, treating each of them equally worthless and subject of barbs per their actions and words.

while indy's post is wild, it does show that there are different communities, despite the dem-cry for "Yoonatee".

years ago, there was a plea for more black cops in black neigborhoods. I believe we came a step closer to that - to communities essentially policing themselves. While this can be beneficial in one aspect, it reeks of segragation. but this is a long-time coming. as we've seen neighborhoods undergo gentrification, and those gentrifiers being viewed as evil. we also see the aspect of race appropriation becoming a hot topic. which would only become more volatile.

in the coming days, i'd watch for those calls for separate but equal policing in communities, "common sense" laws that are designed with more leaning to one community or another, and further racial divide perpetuated by the ignorant attempting to assuage their faux "white guilt".
This is why we're homies...

Christenson outright admitted that jury intimidation played a major part in the trial.

Daniel Horowitz

@RMConservative

One juror: "I did not want to go through rioting and destruction again and I was concerned about people coming to my house if they were not happy with the verdict."
Quote Tweet

kY0iAE3x_mini.jpg

Lou Raguse

@LouRaguse
· 15h
Here is the full Q and A with Juror 96. As well as contemporaneous notes she took while empaneled as a juror in the Derek Chauvin trial. https://kare11.com/article/news/local/george-floyd/derek-chauvin-trial-alternate-juror-lisa-christensen/89-97b74eb1-c875-4ed5-93ad-5c72620b9f18…
Show this thread
8:58 PM · Apr 22, 2021·Twitter Web App

Christenson outright admitted that jury intimidation played a major part in the trial.
Daniel Horowitz
@RMConservative

One juror: "I did not want to go through rioting and destruction again and I was concerned about people coming to my house if they were not happy with the verdict."
Quote Tweet

kY0iAE3x_mini.jpg

Lou Raguse

@LouRaguse
· 15h
Here is the full Q and A with Juror 96. As well as contemporaneous notes she took while empaneled as a juror in the Derek Chauvin trial. https://kare11.com/article/news/local/george-floyd/derek-chauvin-trial-alternate-juror-lisa-christensen/89-97b74eb1-c875-4ed5-93ad-5c72620b9f18…
Show this thread
8:58 PM · Apr 22, 2021·Twitter Web App
wow, never in a million years could anyone have seen that coming. :rolleyes: The trial should have never been held in Minneapolis to begin with. As soon as "The Predator" opened her mouth a mistrial should have been declared. Every citizen is entitled to a fair trial, even someone as negligent as Chauvin.

Good for Oklahoma. Mow those ******* down.

Oklahoma passes bill providing protections for drivers who hit protesters blocking roads​

"Rioters who threaten law-abiding citizens' safety will not be tolerated," Gov. Stitt said of the bill.
Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt

Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt
(Alex Wong / Getty Images)
By Nicholas Sherman

Oklahoma Republican Gov. Kevin Stitt has signed a law to protect motorists who unintentionally hit protesters while trying to escape to safety in a demonstration.
"We are sending a message today in Oklahoma that rioters who threaten law abiding citizens' safety will not be tolerated," Stitt said Wednesday upon signing the bill. "I remain unequivocally committed to protecting every Oklahoman's First Amendment right to peacefully protest as well as their right to feel safe in their community."
The state Senate last week passed the bill in a 38-10 vote, according to ABC-TV affiliate KAKE. The law also makes it a misdemeanor for blocking a public street during protests. Violators face a maximum one year in prison and a $5,000 fine.

The law stipulates that if drivers fear for their lives, they will not be held criminally or civilly liable for damages or accidentally killing a protester with their car as they flee the protest.

Knives are scary as all hell. If you train with one,you can be absolutely deadly in a flash.

"Oh, it was only a knife." Yeah, sure.

I know Doug Marcaida from the excellent reality show, "Forged in Iron." I later learned he is a martial arts expert and one of the most skilled knife fighters in the world. Here is a very brief clip of Marcaida with a gun expert who goes by the name Zero. Marcaida demonstrates how he covers the 7 yards between him and the guy with concealed carry in four strides and is in a position to kill him in the blink of an eye: