• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Derek Chauvin Trial

It has been an interesting education to me being on this "sports" message board now for over a decade. And being an avid fan of sports and spending countless hours of my life watching sports media evolve (devolve?), the parallels between what we have all seen across the sports media landscape and what is now happening in other, more serious, parts of life is just uncanny.

It was sports television (ESPN) that first devolved from a half-hour news show (the first sportcenter) into the broadcasters becoming celebrity. We saw ESPN shift from "news" to "opinion". We saw the celebrity broadcaster, first famous for simple catch phrases, start to turn into the loud mouth "opinion". We saw more and more shows start to take on the adversarial Side A vs. Side B. And the celebrity personalities became more obnoxious and outrageous.

We also saw, first hand, what constant news coverage and video did to the games themselves. The second guessing of coaches. The vilification of the referees.

This all happened FIRST in sports television and media coverage.

And we are seeing it all transposed on to our main stream media. It is identical. From the supposed "journalist" newscasters worried more about their public persona and celebrity than in the substance of their craft. From "opinion" and arguing shows dominating vs. actual factual news broadcasts. And now the era of second guessing and video (especially in the new era of cell phones) being used to critique everything and everyone in society. And it is almost the EXACT same language we used to all use over the Steelers side of this message board for years and years and years. The second guessing. The unrealistic expectations of athletes and referees and coaches, who are making split-second decisions being critiqued by coach potatoes using slow motion video evidence against them.

Maybe I'm just getting old and my experiences add up to seeing history duplicate and repeat itself.

You know, for many of us, sports has lost a bit of its luster over the years BECAUSE of all the obnoxiousness of new and media coverage. And the fact the athletes themselves have now adjusted to that world. The same is happening to everything else. Politicians have gotten worse in the era of CNN, MSNBC and FOX news constant coverage. And with growing "Big Brother Video" out there (just look at some of the video evidence they have of the police shooting in Chicago of the 13 year old), all of our lives can, in an instance, be scrutinized to the degree we used to joke and discuss sports.

It is a scary future. Because we will all act different knowing we are watched. And I'm not sure its for the best. It could be if we used video to be constructive. But in the era of ratings and clicks and adversarial news, we know that will never happen.

God Bless Officer Tatum and his family.

What a brave and honorable man..... and great American.

And Minnesota would have burned to the ground.

He was a sacrifice, pure and simple.
Why is it the liberal areas that seem to have so much trouble with race relations these days? I mean this is the city of Ellison and Klobuchar and a city that allowed a Somali colony to be established.

In the 1984 Presidential election, this was the only state that went Blue.

To the white democrats of MN who wanted to show your virtue-signaling kindness and hospitality and how your state was the most progressive in race relations, "how's that working out for you?"

I liked it better when the police were in control.

Last edited:
Why is it the liberal areas that seem to have so much trouble with race relations these days? I mean this is the city of Ellison and Klobuchar and a city that allowed a Somali colony to be established.

In the 1984 Presidential election, this was the only state that went Blue.

To the white democrats of MN who wanted to show your virtue-signaling kindness and hospitality and how your state was the most progressive in race relations, "how's that working out for you?"

I liked it better when the police were in control.

The most aggravating thing is the soft bigotry of low expectations does immeasurable harm to the black community.

The most aggravating thing is the soft bigotry of low expectations does immeasurable harm to the black community.
Quit being racist.

Quit being racist.
can't help myself ?

301153_image.jpg

Well isn't this all very, very special. It exposes many things....cops aren't racist. Sometimes, the person being arrested is an idiot. Check that, a LOT of times....and officers have to use a ton of restraint.

This was a DEMOCRAT Michigan lawmaker, driving drunk for over 50 miles weeks ago, WHILE HAVING SEX, with the vanity plates ELECTED on his car. When police arrived, he resisted arrest, threatened to call Gov Whitmer, and at one point dared the police to shoot him.....he had a blood alcohol content of .17.

When police arrived he and his female passenger were both "pants down" and he was holding her as the threw up.

https://twitter.com/MIGOP/status/13...-arrested-for-drunk-driving-while-having-sex/

https://twitter.com/MIGOP/status/13...-arrested-for-drunk-driving-while-having-sex/

1619448248429.png

Well isn't this all very, very special. It exposes many things....cops aren't racist. Sometimes, the person being arrested is an idiot. Check that, a LOT of times....and officers have to use a ton of restraint.

This was a DEMOCRAT Michigan lawmaker, driving drunk for over 50 miles weeks ago, WHILE HAVING SEX, with the vanity plates ELECTED on his car. When police arrived, he resisted arrest, threatened to call Gov Whitmer, and at one point dared the police to shoot him.....he had a blood alcohol content of .17.

When police arrived he and his female passenger were both "pants down" and he was holding her as the threw up.

https://twitter.com/MIGOP/status/1386332438520008707?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1386332438520008707|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/michigan-democrat-arrested-for-drunk-driving-while-having-sex/

https://twitter.com/MIGOP/status/1386332440927551489?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1386332440927551489|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/michigan-democrat-arrested-for-drunk-driving-while-having-sex/

View attachment 5083

Sometimes they don't elect their best.

Alcohol is racist. Speeding is racist. Vomiting cuz drunk is racist. Oh, and police are racist.

Did I miss anything? Decaf, can you racist-check me?

I'd pull out my Woke Politically Correct Calculator but this one is tough....

1619457507487.png

I'd prefer to let Tibs21Hypoflog let me know the proper stance on this one. Lots of variables to consider....

He's a Democrat
He's a Democrat lawmaker
He has a vanity license plate that reads - "ELECTED"
He wasn't drunk, he was twice the legal limit at .17 BAC
He was having sex while driving ALSO
He drove over 50 miles in this manner with numerous 911 calls phoned in from citizens he scared to death
Professionals arrive, he and "friend" are pants-around-ankles, she is vomitting
He is black
He resisted arrest
He refused (see the video) to provide his ID over and over
He used the power of his official title to try to intimidate cops
He used the Governor as a means of pressure as well
He taunted the officers to shoot him

I'm leaning towards he's an ******* who escalated the situation unnecessarily while breaking numerous laws while also trying to use his position to be above the law and intimidate the police, thus making him an utter, contemptible piece of ****.

But I'll wait for the Liberal ruling on this one.

If I were in his position and the woman was about to vomit on me, I can only hope that the cop would not hesitate to make the split second decision to shoot her first.

How many police vids are posted where the suspect cooperates, the cop is polite and they both go about their way incident free? That is the vast majority of interactions.

View attachment 5085

I'd prefer to let Tibs21Hypoflog let me know the proper stance on this one. Lots of variables to consider....

He's a Democrat
He's a Democrat lawmaker
He drove over 50 miles in this manner with numerous 911 calls phoned in from citizens he scared to death
He is black
He resisted arrest

I'm leaning towards he's an ******* who escalated the situation unnecessarily while breaking numerous laws while also trying to use his position to be above the law and intimidate the police, thus making him an utter, contemptible piece of ****.

one cop was white
one cop was black

obbeeuslee the black cop deferred to the white cop cuz raysissm and didnt want to show up the other officer in public.

I wish blacks were never brought here, they'd be better off in Africa ....the oppression and racism blacks face on a daily basis in America is never going away. It's horrible!

Does saying that make me a racist?

tenor.gif

That's gonna leave a mark.

View attachment 5085

He's a Democrat
He's a Democrat lawmaker
He is black
He resisted arrest

It's Michigan, so I'm assuming he'll be promoted to chair a number of new committees.