• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Derek Chauvin Trial

There was a 15 year old shot in his doorway in Spring Lake last night or this morning. I listen to a lot of talk radio, and it was in every news break this morning but not this afternoon.

380 people, including 40 children, have been shot (9 children fatally) in the city of Philadelphia this year.

And it's only April.

I'm not excusing Chauvin or any cop who does something wrong or stupid. The more I see of the Chauvin trial the more I think he deserves to go to jail. I just wonder why the deaths of a few criminals resisting arrest bother these "activists" far more than the dozens of shootings of little children playing in front of their houses.
I was reading up on the shooting on Daunte Wright over the weekend in MN. The officer thought she was shooting her taser and shot him with her gun while he was trying to flee in his car. He had a warrant from back in June for an unregistered firearm. Minneapolis is being looted and burned because of the killing. Police killing a black man(right/wrong) does spark the outrage more than other killings of black men or women. It's a tragic anyway you look at it. A 20 y.o. is dead and so is the cop's career/life.

I was reading up on the shooting on Daunte Wright over the weekend in MN. The officer thought she was shooting her taser and shot him with her gun while he was trying to flee in his car. He had a warrant from back in June for an unregistered firearm. Minneapolis is being looted and burned because of the killing. Police killing a black man(right/wrong) does spark the outrage more than other killings of black men or women. It's a tragic anyway you look at it. A 20 y.o. is dead and so is the cop's career/life.

Some jobs, it does not matter much when the employee makes a mistake. Get regular Coke instead of diet, get $3.22 change instead of $3.72, shirts not ready when promised, foam on the latte is disappoining (you know that one, Decaf). Those are jobs that involve a very low level of importance. Sorry, they are.

Other jobs, it matters quite a bit if the employee makes a mistake, but nobody dies. Accountant does an Ark and you wind up owing the IRS an extra $3,200, lawyer fails to file case on time and the statute of limitations is gone so case is gone. Bad mistakes, lots of money involved, but nobody died.

The final type of job is one where a mistake can lead to somebody dying. Medical professionals, EMT workers, and police officers. Make a mistake and somebody might die.

That's why we have tort law, i.e., monetary compensation. The VAST majority of such incidents, in EVERY job, are accidents. Nobody goes to jail because for the most part, accidents are not crimes.

Oh, and I don't have the time or the temperament to watch the Chauvin trial. I leave that duty to unemployed coffee servers. However, I was sent a blurb from a site called "Legal Insurrection" which gives a pretty detailed account of the events day-to-day in the trial. The author is an attorney who is watching the trial and providing commentary. Here is what he wrote about day 7, Officer Johnny Mercil, use of force expert:

It was at this point that Nelson showed Mercil a series of photographs captured from the body worn camera of Officer Lane, and showing Chauvin’s knee on Floyd from the angle down Floyd’s proned body.

Photo 1: Where’s Chauvin’s leg in this image? On Floyd’s neck? Or on his shoulder blades and back. Mercil: Shoulder blades and back.

And in photo 2? Same. Photo 3? Same. Photo 4? Same.

This, of course, fundamentally undercuts the prosecution’s narrative of guilt that it was Chauvin’s knee on Floyd’s neck that killed Floyd.

Are there circumstances like those already discussed where would be appropriate to maintain presence of leg across shoulder blades and back in order to ensure control of the suspect? Yes, there are, Mercil answered. For as long as 10 minutes? It’s possible.

Generally you don't expect to make a lot of points when the other side is presenting its case, but that is what the attorney says happened with the prosecution's own use of force expert.

I will admit I don't watch the trial like an unemployed barrista, so there's that.

If Floyd had been a white skinhead, the attitude of our resident Floyd sympathizers would be quite different. Hang the ******.
I know how these white guilt scumbags think.
What i meant was no sympathy for the skinhead...he deserved to die. Let the cop go.

Some jobs, it does not matter much when the employee makes a mistake. Get regular Coke instead of diet, get $3.22 change instead of $3.72, shirts not ready when promised, foam on the latte is disappoining (you know that one, Decaf). Those are jobs that involve a very low level of importance. Sorry, they are.

Other jobs, it matters quite a bit if the employee makes a mistake, but nobody dies. Accountant does an Ark and you wind up owing the IRS an extra $3,200, lawyer fails to file case on time and the statute of limitations is gone so case is gone. Bad mistakes, lots of money involved, but nobody died.

The final type of job is one where a mistake can lead to somebody dying. Medical professionals, EMT workers, and police officers. Make a mistake and somebody might die.

That's why we have tort law, i.e., monetary compensation. The VAST majority of such incidents, in EVERY job, are accidents. Nobody goes to jail because for the most part, accidents are not crimes.
I didn't intend to imply that police mistakes should be brushed off, esp when it involves a death. Before any facts come out, people react in a violent and hostile way.

BLM founder recently bought 4 expensive homes. Keep the donations coming

That's what happens when an organization is brought under the Soros terrorist umbrella. As long as she is getting paid, she'll do whatever the **** he tells her do and however he tells her to think,

And that helps the black community SOOOOO much. Nothing screams "Racial Justice!" like stealing shoes, setting fires and destroying the businesses and lives of innocent people. **** BLM. If you support them then you are a terrorist.

I support the message, but not the organization. Their "leaders" have not helped one black person, business, neighborhood, etc, I call it a scam. Four homes? GTFO.

Last edited:
BLM national org is a bunch of scammers and grifters. They were first called out by Darren Seales back in Ferguson for profiting off of black death and doing nothing to help the communities they were supposedly standing up for. It's a money and political clout grab.

BLM national org is a bunch of scammers and grifters. They were first called out by Darren Seales back in Ferguson for profiting off of black death and doing nothing to help the communities they were supposedly standing up for. It's a money and political clout grab.
Like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton...how some people live with themselves I'll never know.

What message does BLM now try to convey? They scrubbed their web site of their actual message because it is no noxious, so what fake new message are they peddling?
Now? Who freakin' knows? It's been stretched, washed, sanded, dipped in Clorox, trampled on and saturated. Anything good it was doing or represented is lost from the greed and violence.

I live in a little town in Alabama about 11,000 peope. A couple days ago 3 black boys all 17 years old tried to rape a 17 year old white girl, when she fought back they killed her(shot her in the face.) From my understanding the Grandmother of one of the boys helped get her to the woods and than arranged to get them plain tickets to New York. one boy was caught and the other two are still on the loose. Where is the media coverage where is the outcry? If I had not lived here and posted about it no one on here would know. I bet my house though that if it had been white boys and a black girl this would be all over the news every where especially being in a small town like this.

I live in a little town in Alabama about 11,000 peope. A couple days ago 3 black boys all 17 years old tried to rape a 17 year old white girl, when she fought back they killed her(shot her in the face.) From my understanding the Grandmother of one of the boys helped get her to the woods and than arranged to get them plain tickets to New York. one boy was caught and the other two are still on the loose. Where is the media coverage where is the outcry?

Color chart SAYS ... CNN and MSNBC not interested.

If I had not lived here and posted about it no one on here would know.

Truth.

I bet my house though that if it had been white boys and a black girl this would be all over the news every where especially being in a small town like this.

What, just because 17 FBI agents investigated a pull rope, while this issue will get as much media attention as Brian Stelter's aerobic regimen?

I live in a little town in Alabama about 11,000 peope. A couple days ago 3 black boys all 17 years old tried to rape a 17 year old white girl, when she fought back they killed her(shot her in the face.) From my understanding the Grandmother of one of the boys helped get her to the woods and than arranged to get them plain tickets to New York. one boy was caught and the other two are still on the loose. Where is the media coverage where is the outcry? If I had not lived here and posted about it no one on here would know. I bet my house though that if it had been white boys and a black girl this would be all over the news every where especially being in a small town like this.
This can't be true, cuz I googled the intrawebs and zilch.

Just some cracker white *****. No news here. Grandma is a fine fine lady.

If that had been my daughter, we would have 3 dead piece of **** murders and a dead grandma.

Maybe the parents too for raising such worthless shitbags. That bloodline needs ended.

The Andalusia Police Department has charged a local teen with murder in the Tuesday death of a teenage girl, and expects to also charge others in the crime.
Chief Paul Hudson said Damien Beasley, 17, of Andalusia, is being charged as an adult in the death. He is charged with murder and is being held on a $1 million bond. Murder is a Class A felony, which in Alabama allows police to charge him as an adult.

Hudson said additional charges are pending against Beasley. The investigation is ongoing, he said, and additional arrests are forthcoming.
The investigation began on Tuesday, April 6, when the APD received information about a possible homicide on Whatley Street. When officers responded to the scene, they began searching the area around a residence and located biological and physical evidence.

This search led to an expanded search in which officers located the body of a white female who was later determined to be a juvenile. Her name is being withheld at the request of her family.

An autopsy conducted by the Department of Forensic Sciences confirmed the young woman’s death was the result of a single gunshot wound. Hudson said officers have recovered a weapon believed to have been used in the murder.
The Andalusia Police Department expressed its appreciation to the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency, SBI, the Covington County Drug Task Force, and the Covington County District Attorney’s office for its assistance in the investigation.

Even in her home town this is all the right up says. SMDH.

Newhealthylife

Disgusting. I'm at a loss for words. That poor family and what they must be going through.

I didn't intend to imply that police mistakes should be brushed off, esp when it involves a death. Before any facts come out, people react in a violent and hostile way.
There are people all over social media insisting that this couldn't have been a mistake, she shot him on purpose.

Let's look at the logic of that. 26 years on the force and she just up and decided to intentionally kill someone that day due to her long simmering hate for black people. In the 2 or 3 seconds between when an uneventful arrest turned into someone wrestling and trying to flee, she concocted a scheme to yell Taser! Taser! so that she could, in full view of her body cam, intentionally shoot and kill this young man and pretend she was trying to tase him. Of course the aftermath is quite pleasant for her isn't it? She's fired, will probably be prosecuted and her career and life are basically over. But it was all worth it just for the pleasure of killing this one black guy after 26 years on the force and possibly get away with it by calling it an accident.

Of course this is a ludicrous idea but it's being pushed all over. Because no reasonable explanation for a black person being harmed by police will ever be accepted again. (And when I say reasonable I don't mean she is blameless, only that she was likely careless and incompetent, not a cold-blooded murderer consumed with her hate for black people.) If someone makes a mistake....we must assume racism. If someone is defending themselves against a threat...racism.

They have to make every single case about racism in order to justify the rage.

I don't know what the solution is because policing is never going to be perfect. Police officers are humans in incredibly stressful situations.

There are people all over social media insisting that this couldn't have been a mistake, she shot him on purpose.

Let's look at the logic of that. 26 years on the force and she just up and decided to intentionally kill someone that day due to her long simmering hate for black people. In the 2 or 3 seconds between when an uneventful arrest turned into someone wrestling and trying to flee, she concocted a scheme to yell Taser! Taser! so that she could, in full view of her body cam, intentionally shoot and kill this young man and pretend she was trying to tase him. Of course the aftermath is quite pleasant for her isn't it? She's fired, will probably be prosecuted and her career and life are basically over. But it was all worth it just for the pleasure of killing this one black guy after 26 years on the force and possibly get away with it by calling it an accident.

Of course this is a ludicrous idea but it's being pushed all over. Because no reasonable explanation for a black person being harmed by police will ever be accepted again. (And when I say reasonable I don't mean she is blameless, only that she was likely careless and incompetent, not a cold-blooded murderer consumed with her hate for black people.) If someone makes a mistake....we must assume racism. If someone is defending themselves against a threat...racism.

They have to make every single case about racism in order to justify the rage.

I don't know what the solution is because policing is never going to be perfect. Police officers are humans in incredibly stressful situations.
nice post, oftb! I basically said something simliar in the Daunte Wright thread. It's not a race issue, it's a fleeing/deadly mistake by the officer comnbination, but the narrative is already out in the media and on the streets. I suspect if I tried to flee in my car in that situation and that cop pulled her "taser" out, I'd be dead, too and I'm not black.
I think one big gaffe is that she was a 26-year vet. That's a long time on the job to make that mistake between a taser and firearm that resulted in someone's death. How anyone could think it was done out of malice is a moron.

Jessica Chambers comes to mind.
who?

oh, the MSM is getting to that