• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Early Voting

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
So voted this morning. In Florida it’s been a week since you can (10/19 was 1st day)

Couple things...

First; they said it was first time had they a line. The “line” was 3 ppl. They’ve expected more.

Low turnout has always been favorable to Republicans.... because seriously most people are just that stupid. Ask any Dem 2 Questions— name the 3 stooges then name 3 branches of Government. You’ll see right there.

2nd.... my ballot was voided because I accidentally let pen make a dot in the wrong oval for a judge. I had to get another ballot & go through another process as it wouldn’t accept it.

They told me how thousands of mail in ballots have been voided because of errors; and they said those ppl are being contacted... but if they don’t reply they are being held for a decision at later date—I looked woman dead in eye & said that’s damn sketchy.

Ppl are too stupid to get instructions right or make the smallest mistake like I did; but I got it resolved immediately. You really think that a person who is too lazy to get off *** to vote in person is going through the process of doing what’s required to do it a 2nd time?

It’s gonna be ugly folks.

I voted early today. First time I've ever done it, and only did because my GF is working the polls and wanted me to come by. She said there has been a huge turnout here, but my county almost always goes Democrat sadly.

Will early in person and mail in votes be included in the results from Nov 3 votes or are they provisional? If the former, then are they being tabulated now or stowed away until the 3rd? If they are sending ballots back for a "re-do", sounds like the tabulation is going on now and no doubt about it the powers that be know the score. Sounds incredibly sketchy. I'm sure the media will be all over anything that's not above board though. That helps me sleep at night knowing they have our best interest in mind.

I'm voting on Nov 3rd.

I just don't understand what the problem is with voting on one day, in person. All this early voting, mail in voting and huge absentee ballots are going to make a mess of the whole system.

If we need more polling places, if we need to make voting day a national holiday, so be it. We should all vote on the same ******* day unless you physically can't do it.

I just don't understand why that is so hard or how that is infringing on anyone's right to vote.

Another thing I don't understand is how all the states have their different say in how to run a Federal election. Hey if your state wants to take 2 weeks to count state delegates, local judges, etc that's fine but when it involves Federal positions, there needs to be some sort of standard.

I just don't understand what the problem is with voting on one day, in person. All this early voting, mail in voting and huge absentee ballots are going to make a mess of the whole system.
4js3wf.jpg

So voted this morning. In Florida it’s been a week since you can (10/19 was 1st day)

Couple things...

First; they said it was first time had they a line. The “line” was 3 ppl. They’ve expected more.

Low turnout has always been favorable to Republicans.... because seriously most people are just that stupid. Ask any Dem 2 Questions— name the 3 stooges then name 3 branches of Government. You’ll see right there.

2nd.... my ballot was voided because I accidentally let pen make a dot in the wrong oval for a judge. I had to get another ballot & go through another process as it wouldn’t accept it.

They told me how thousands of mail in ballots have been voided because of errors; and they said those ppl are being contacted... but if they don’t reply they are being held for a decision at later date—I looked woman dead in eye & said that’s damn sketchy.

Ppl are too stupid to get instructions right or make the smallest mistake like I did; but I got it resolved immediately. You really think that a person who is too lazy to get off *** to vote in person is going through the process of doing what’s required to do it a 2nd time?

It’s gonna be ugly folks.

Republicans tend to vote in person, so a low turnout of people on line usually isn't good for them. Democrats are much more likely to vote by mail. Voting by mail opens up fraud.

Will early in person and mail in votes be included in the results from Nov 3 votes or are they provisional? If the former, then are they being tabulated now or stowed away until the 3rd? If they are sending ballots back for a "re-do", sounds like the tabulation is going on now and no doubt about it the powers that be know the score. Sounds incredibly sketchy. I'm sure the media will be all over anything that's not above board though. That helps me sleep at night knowing they have our best interest in mind.

I'm voting on Nov 3rd.

I know at least where I'm at all the early votes are boxed and stowed until election day, then unboxed and fed into the voting machine or whatever. Each process is overseen by a Democrat and a Republican to prevent tampering.

We vote by mail here in Oregon. I've been here 17 years and that's the way it's always been. I put my ballot in the mail on Thursday.

Republicans tend to vote in person, so a low turnout of people on line usually isn't good for them. Democrats are much more likely to vote by mail. Voting by mail opens up fraud.

That's not true at all. Most dems "This year" are voting by mail in some states. Some states don't let you vote by mail. Also low turnout in places like Philadelphia will still be a good thing. You can't make a blanket statement that low turnout hurts Reps. In years past it's been the exact opposite. Again, it depends on what state and where in that state.

That's not true at all. Most dems "This year" are voting by mail in some states. Some states don't let you vote by mail. Also low turnout in places like Philadelphia will still be a good thing. You can't make a blanket statement that low turnout hurts Reps. In years past it's been the exact opposite. Again, it depends on what state and where in that state.

Low turn out in Philly would be huge. On that we agree.

Republicans largley vote in person. The Democratic voting base used the mail far more than the Republican do.

Therefore low voter turn out in person is not a good sign for Republicans.

I may vote early on Friday, but I may just wait, load up a cooler and head to the polls on November 3rd.

Reactions: JMM
Low turn out in Philly would be huge. On that we agree.

Republicans largley vote in person. The Democratic voting base used the mail far more than the Republican do.

Therefore low voter turn out in person is not a good sign for Republicans.

Again it depends on the state and the location within the state. You don't know that Reps largely vote in person because this is the first time people are voting by mail in mass in more than a couple of states. So you don't know that. Again, lower voter turnout in Philly, Pittsburgh, Miami, Austin, ETC isn't bad for Trump.

Again it depends on the state and the location within the state. You don't know that Reps largely vote in person because this is the first time people are voting by mail in mass in more than a couple of states. So you don't know that. Again, lower voter turnout in Philly, Pittsburgh, Miami, Austin, ETC isn't bad for Trump.

In Generall Republican s tend to vote in person. While low turn out is good for democratic strong holds, it isn't in most counties.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...confirms-republicans-wariness-voting-by-mail/

I understand why you have this line of thinking but...

The point I made about errors & ballots thrown out—it’s been a big one across country. I set the wrong end of a pen down to double check something & required complete redo. This ain’t hanging chads, the scanner rejected it immediately.

Dems did a hard pivot from mail in to going in person cuz thousands of votes are not counting. They can’t get it right to begin with. They are supposed to be contacted & go thru the whole process again? I mean these are same stupid ppl who couldn’t get a ballot right in 2000, I’ll bet they can’t follow the mail in instructions & Dems leadership is thinking same.

I’m in Tampa — Hillsborough county went to Hillary in 2016 by large margin. I still expect this county to go blue, but Fl to stay red

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

We vote by mail here in Oregon. I've been here 17 years and that's the way it's always been. I put my ballot in the mail on Thursday.

Maybe that explains how Portland can have 100 nights of riots

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

You don't know that Reps largely vote in person because this is the first time people are voting by mail in mass in more than a couple of states. So you don't know that.

And then the post after this one, still doesn't get it. You might as well talk to a wall, Vader.

In Generall Republican s tend to vote in person. While low turn out is good for democratic strong holds, it isn't in most counties.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...confirms-republicans-wariness-voting-by-mail/

Again this is talking about THIS election. When you state it as something that always happens then that's not true. And again if you look at actual votes by mail (NOT absentee ballots) Dems are under performing in almost every single state. Your article gives absolutely no real numbers. They only give polled numbers which amounts to 0. Many Reps are voting by mail in Florida and other states. Again it just depends on what state and which city you are talking about.

First time I've ever done it, and only did because my GF is working the polls and wanted me to come by.
This perfectly innocent statement would have been hillarious if he had used text to type and sirri had picked the wrong spelling choice....

Voted today here in Panama City FL. In and out in like 5 minutes. No lines, but steady. As we were coming in, one or 2 were leaving, same when we were leaving, 1 or 2 were coming in.

I mailed in an absentee ballot and then also made sure to vote in person, just like the president said to do....