• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

El Paso TX Mass Shooting; 19 Dead, 40 Injured at Walmart

It's hard to stop crazy psychotic people. You have to kill them quick. Guns are never going away. Ban anything you want. Good luck going door to door collecting. Drugs are illegal too. So is murder which goes all the way back to one brother murdering another with a rock. Society as whole is going to new low levels as the years pass. The very fact a great deal of people in this country fight tooth and nail for the right to murder their own children in cold blood. The purest god like soul you can get is that of a child and we exterminate them in the millions

Last edited:
Chicago can be front and center for these type of stories.
They don’t fit the gun control narrative though.

Chicago is a killing field. So is Baltimore and most of the big cities. Crickets on that.

I am shocked with how little we still know about the Las Vegas massacre. Makes one wonder whether evidence is being withheld.

Some crackerjack psych dr was on a show saying that this is not a mental illness and all these shootings have to do with racism and white supremacy. I dont care if God himself said to go shoot up a school I am not going to do it. You have to have mental issues to actually go out and kill innocent people. The scary part was this guy was a psychiatrist and I think a former college professor...

I am shocked with how little we still know about the Las Vegas massacre. Makes one wonder whether evidence is being withheld.

exactly. we still know nothing more today than we did a week after Vegas.
Yet these shitloops over the weekend, we're practically having their favorite color and email passwords shoved down our throats by the MSM.

one had a manifesto. but it's been faked, or copied. or the original was fake and was duplicated and faked. all to pit us against one another.

There are so many different issues involved with this that trying to make "guns" the scapegoat is not going to solve anything.

The way congress works, no law is going to get passed that is going to be extreme enough to make a difference. Minor things like changes in background checks, maybe clip/magazine sizes, maybe a few models of guns getting banned - all minor in the scheme of things. Guns will be there.

And if it's not guns it will be something else. If we took all the guns away, a crazy murderer intent on going out with a bang will just run his car over a crowd of people. Once that "method" gets rolling in the media, others will copycat it. And there will be "outrage" and we'll spend millions and billions on car barriers and bollards. Then it will be something else.

We have a generation of very angry and dissatisfied people. Every study says social media and living through your phone is bad for your mental health. Every single one. The growing difference between the "haves" and "have nots" is more apparent on social media. People show off their trips and luxuries and girlfriends and "social life". Others that watch and don't have those things get jealous and that turns to anger. It's a very unhealthy lifestyle of live through facebook.

I'm guilty of it. And I don't think my mental health is better at all, but it is very hard to stop. You convince yourself it's how you keep in touch with friends and family. How you find out what your large circle of acquaintances is doing.

In the short term, I just don't think anything is going to change. The M.O. is out on how to do this. Everything at this point is just follow the leader. For every 4-5 a new law might "catch", one will slip through the cracks, get his weapon of choice and shoot up some people.

A police state is not the answer. I've afraid that's where we are headed and that's what the sheep will want. But that will be very hard to enact.

Conversely, seeing an Ogre sharing photos of his vacay while ecologically destroying previously pristine coastlines makes one glad not be in general proximity to such a foul beast.

Conversely, seeing an Ogre sharing photos of his vacay while ecologically destroying previously pristine coastlines makes one glad not be in general proximity to such a foul beast.

Jesus, maybe Congress could get off the pot and pass a law against ogreshit.

Laws don't stop bad people from doing bad things. Criminals don't stop committing crime because their actions are illegal. I suggest the focus become enhanced security with metal detectors to enter places where the masses accumulate like this. Its a pain in the *** but it lets you know once inside some sicko can't come in with a weapon in this manner. This is how Israel handles security.

As far as gun laws, enhanced background checks make some sense. The question is how far do you let the government go? We had joking texts about Ark, Ogre and a sniper rifle. If the government read those texts they'd likely come take our guns. That's too strong handed for joking...we were joking right?

Laws don't stop bad people from doing bad things. Criminals don't stop committing crime because their actions are illegal.

I read somewhere that the only reason Cain killed Abel was because there was no law against it.

As far as gun laws, enhanced background checks make some sense. The question is how far do you let the government go? We had joking texts about Ark, Ogre and a sniper rifle. If the government read those texts they'd likely come take our guns. That's too strong handed for joking...we were joking right?

The simple, uncomfortable fact is that intrusion into 2nd amendment rights almost always remain in place, and invariably get more restrictive. It's like getting choked to death very, very slowly.

Stricter background checks. Another mass shooting. Magazine capacity restriction. Another mass shooting. "Assault" rifle restriction (meaning any semi-automatic rifle). Another shooting. Semi-auto handgun restriction. Another shooting. Ammo sales restriction. Another shooting.

And on and on until finally, private gun ownership outlawed.

I read somewhere that the only reason Cain killed Abel was because there was no law against it.

The simple, uncomfortable fact is that intrusion into 2nd amendment rights almost always remain in place, and invariably get more restrictive. It's like getting choked to death very, very slowly.

Stricter background checks. Another mass shooting. Magazine capacity restriction. Another mass shooting. "Assault" rifle restriction (meaning any semi-automatic rifle). Another shooting. Semi-auto handgun restriction. Another shooting. Ammo sales restriction. Another shooting.

You mean strong gun control laws in California and Chicago don't stop shootings? I'll be damned.

You never get those rights back. They don't look at the results and say, "Well, that had no effect. Lets return to the way it was and think about a different approach." Nope. They say they didn't do enough and need more of the same. It's like all their policies. Failure just means they need more of the same. Education system sucks even though we spend more on it every year? Spend more. Etc.

fee2597d8a5ebc0f.jpg

You mean strong gun control laws in California and Chicago don't stop shootings? I'll be damned.

Well, in fairness, the weapon used at the garlic festival in California was purchased in Nevada. Not a lot California can do about that.

And for the record, I am against gun control in any form. Thought I'd mention that before I get labeled.

Well, in fairness, the weapon used at the garlic festival in California was purchased in Nevada. Not a lot California can do about that.

And California bans ownership or use of such weapon in the state.

The gunman in the Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting used a military-style[SUP]1[/SUP] semiautomatic rifle that is illegal to own in California, although authorities have not yet publicly identified the specific type of weapon, according to officials Monday. Authorities initially said the weapon used was the WASR-10, a Romanian-built weapon that looks like an AK-47 and is considered an assault rifle under California law and therefore banned.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-07-29/gilroy-garlic-festival-shooting-weapon-gun

Once again, a gun law fails to stop a homicidal maniac from committing mass murder. What a shock.

[SUP]1[/SUP] Meaning it was black and had a pistol grip. Oh, and something about the magazine. Probably had an adjustable stock, too. And it was black. And looked dangerous.

And for the record, I am against gun control in any form. Thought I'd mention that before I get labeled.

The Constitution is against gun control in any form. It expressly states "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." To those who lurk, the definition of 'infringe' is "to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another", 'law' in this case is the Constitution. And "to commit a breach or infraction of; violate or transgress". It frames said right as "being necessary to the security of a free state".

Any contemplation of clip size, cycle rate, round, muzzle velocity, flash suppression, class, category or any other measure of a weapon is expressly forbidden by our Constitution. It places no restrictions on weaponry of any kind to be kept and born by CITIZENS. And by its language, it precludes such infringement. Therefore, all gun laws are unconstitutional, and those who promote such laws are enemies of the Constitution, and by extension, CITIZENS. Ironically, when these enemies take office, they swear by the God they reject and ridicule to 'uphold the Constitution'. That may be lost to them as they dial for dollars (that's what they spend 80-90% of their days doing).

At what point are said encroachers rounded up and prosecuted? And what triggers that?

Laws don't stop bad people from doing bad things. Criminals don't stop committing crime because their actions are illegal. I suggest the focus become enhanced security with metal detectors to enter places where the masses accumulate like this. Its a pain in the *** but it lets you know once inside some sicko can't come in with a weapon in this manner. This is how Israel handles security.

it's an unwritten rule that shouldn't need to be stressed, but any time there's a window of opportunity to dispatch an Ogre, you take it, regardless of tool used.

And California bans ownership or use of such weapon in the state.

The gunman in the Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting used a military-style[SUP]1[/SUP] semiautomatic rifle that is illegal to own in California, although authorities have not yet publicly identified the specific type of weapon, according to officials Monday. Authorities initially said the weapon used was the WASR-10, a Romanian-built weapon that looks like an AK-47 and is considered an assault rifle under California law and therefore banned.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-07-29/gilroy-garlic-festival-shooting-weapon-gun

Once again, a gun law fails to stop a homicidal maniac from committing mass murder. What a shock.

[SUP]1[/SUP] Meaning it was black and had a pistol grip. Oh, and something about the magazine. Probably had an adjustable stock, too. And it was black. And looked dangerous.

maybe if the gun was painted white, it wouldn't have been so violent? we have to try everything, even if it saves just one life. amirite?

maybe if the gun was painted white, it wouldn't have been so violent? we have to try everything, even if it saves just one life. amirite?

I think this may be racist. Not sure. Not sure.

**** it, RACIST!!

I have to say I'm getting a little more optimistic as to the outcome after these shootings. The conversation is turning towards what I have been harping on for the past 10 years. As someone who has been in the mental health / counseling field for almost 20 years, I can tell you that we do nothing for seriously mentally ill people in this day and age. It is politically incorrect to place potentially violent mentally ill people into an inpatient setting for awhile to get treatment like we used to. In fact pretty much all long term psychiatric facilities have all been shut down now. I've long suspected that is one of the main reason for all these shootings.

Back in the day, not too long ago, if someone showed severe, recurring mental illness to the point of being a violent threat they spent months in a facility with very close supervision and intensive therapy DAILY. Today they get somewhere between 1-5 days in a mental health clinic where they have a few conversations with a counselor, just to stabilize them temporarily, then they are released. This does nothing to address their long term mental health and the overall problem. You can't put anybody in a facility to be treated thoroughly until they are well anymore. That would be mean and insensitive. We can't label anyone.

I also wonder about the long term effects of psychotropic drug prescriptions for children and teens.

Last edited:

I caught that too - just didn't want to be the angry black guy pointing it out...

Here's my question - for those that have served this nation - we all understand that it takes a split second for a shooting event to turn absolutely sideways. Whether you've been deployed in wartime situations or even in training---we, as well as police officers, have to make quick decisions when engaged w/ a 'live shooter'. Kill? Maim? Detain?

Stay with me now...

In both events, I question 'why' neither shooter was put down? It really bothers me---I'm not saying that that is/was the answer; but, knowing what we all know about the 'threatened' law enforcement offices, who have pulled the trigger only to find the victim unarmed. Again, I ask, "why"???

It seems like both shootings were more 'hate-related' than 'mental health-related' to me. This is JMO until we have all the facts.

But, in the meantime, as we grieve, I ask, "why"???