• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Example of why gun control laws are almost always stupid

Notice your “study” doesn’t break down the data into how many deaths were homicides versus other events? Its just propaganda and lieing with statistics.

That's all he ever presents. Then he plugs his ears and runs off. I started ignoring him many years ago. It's the same nonsense and tactics on repeat.

The very idea that taking guns away does anything towards stopping violence, is idiotic. The very idea that every gun will be turned in, that every bad guy will comply with any new laws, since they already don't comply with laws, that other forms of killing won't be used, that this does anything but disarm a populace facing a national leadership wanting to up their odds of broken representation, etc., is idiotic.

Cue Tibsy and the link with data from Europe showing how peace and smurfs now rule.

Problem with more gun laws is that the thinking person KNOWS the Libs aren’t serious because if they were, the result would be more arrests of POC’s. Which they clearly don’t want.

Notice your “study” doesn’t break down the data into how many deaths were homicides versus other events? Its just propaganda and lieing with statistics.

Yup.

1685146015261.png

Using their rate per 100K, firearm homicide deaths among children is 2.39 per 100K.
Motor vehicle crashes are 5.02 per 100K.

You are correct.

To make matters worse, school shootings make up a very small % of firearm homicide deaths among children.

Facts **** up arguments.

* "The sound of children screaming has been removed,” should be an asterisk on the Second Amendment. ✔️

I guess when facts don't work, we just offer up emotionalism?

It's the liberal way.

@Tibs doesn't see the facts I shared, given he has me on ignore. Feel free to share my content. Not that it will matter. He won't learn from the facts.

“Permitless carry became law in the state in April.” Yoo hoo, more guns! Way to go MAGA. Way to go DeSantis. What a way to live.

“Permitless carry became law in the state in April.” Yoo hoo, more guns! Way to go MAGA. Way to go DeSantis. What a way to live.

I dare you to show me the correlation between the new law and this event. Try.

It's not Florida, it's not DeSantis, it's not this recent permitless carry law. It's the overriding, all-consuming, Gun Fetishizers Club, who envision America as an apocalyptic warzone. Where, instead of implementing & tightening gun control legislation, the answer is evidently adding *even more* guns, with *fewer* laws and restrictions, thereby exacerbating the problem, throwing fuel on the fire. It's 2A above all else, 2A above the rest of the Constitution, guns before people, guns before country. The Gun Fetishizers Club is a textbook case of extremism, that has put this nation on the path of self-destruction.

How is this going to make Florida, and America, a safer place to live? The GOP is hellbent on seeing the world burn.

The current process for a permit involves a class, fingerprinting and a nearly three month wait period. With permitless carry, gun owners can skip those steps and just go through the three day waiting period when getting a gun. The change is a part of sweeping legislative moves by DeSantis and state Republicans that hold a supermajority in the legislature.

FxXNIezWAAICYxI

Last edited:
* "The sound of children screaming has been removed,” should be an asterisk on the Second Amendment. ✔️
It's not Florida, it's not DeSantis, it's not this recent permitless carry law. It's the overriding, all-consuming, Gun Fetishizers Club, who envision America as an apocalyptic warzone. Where, instead of implementing & tightening gun control legislation, the answer is evidently adding *even more* guns, with *fewer* laws and restrictions, thereby exacerbating the problem, throwing fuel on the fire. It's 2A above all else, 2A above the rest of the Constitution, guns before people, guns before country. The Gun Fetishizers Club is a textbook case of extremism, that has put this nation on the path of self-destruction.

How is this going to make Florida, and America, a safer place to live? The GOP is hellbent on seeing the world burn.

FxXNIezWAAICYxI
I guess you shouldn't come here then. Right?

So, you can't show a connection?

So, you can't show a connection?

Have it your way. A general population armed to the teeth, ammo packed to the ceiling, everyone's carrying heat, easy access to semi-automatic weapons & high capacity ammo.... let the American Killing Fields commence! Shoot your way though your day at work, at school, dinner at restaurants, night out on town, trip to beach or the park. Shoot, shoot, shoot first and ask questions later. What a life! What a country! ✔️

Have it your way. A general population armed to the teeth, ammo packed to the ceiling, everyone's carrying heat, easy access to semi-automatic weapons & high capacity ammo.... let the American Killing Fields commence! Shoot your way though your day at work, at school, dinner at restaurants, night out on town, trip to beach or the park. Shoot, shoot, shoot first and ask questions later. What a life! What a country! ✔️
Yeah, except none of that is actually happening. Look at who is actually committing these atrocities. Most of them have mental health issues or some sort of grievance with the victim. A large majority of it is inner city gang related, you disrespected me, you're wearing the wrong colors kind of BS. The average gun owner isn't committing these crimes. I will be damned if I am going to get behind the government restricting the rights of Americans because they are unwilling or too lazy to do the hard work needed to address the problem. Taking guns from the average American isn't going to solve those problems.

Jesus Tibs. Can you possibly get more dramatic? Somehow I managed to live 65 years and never witness any of that BS you just mentioned.

This weekend I traveled to meet family in WV. A typical small rural town. Predominantly white area, though liberal hippies and some LGBTQ factions have become a growing part of the downtown coffee boutique and antiques section.

I venture down Sunday morning to a Sheetz to grab a coffee and an MTO. A black man and his son walk into the store all smiles.

Few minutes later I hop in the checkout line to pay, right behind the younger black man. He and the white cashier are carrying on a conversation (they clearly knew each other). Then I noticed the young black man has a semi-auto strapped to his hip.

I smiled.

I then imagined the sheer hysteria some white liberal woman from northern VA might have felt had she been standing where I was.

I didn't feel threatened. Quite the opposite, I felt safer.

A black man in a predominantly white town walking around with his semi on his hip. God Bless America.