• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Example of why gun control laws are almost always stupid

@Tibs - your beloved Democrats want to defund the popo and replace them with community something or another fairies.
if guns are outlawed right now, as you read this, then won't these community service fairies then be under-equipped to confront a school shooter, or do all guns magically ******* vanish off American soil when guns are banned? also, how do you intend to get guns from the gangs, and criminals? additionally, by banning guns, you're putting a good sized segment of the population out of business, thereby unable to pay taxes, which can also lead to bankruptcies and foreclosures.

This weekend I traveled to meet family in WV. A typical small rural town. Predominantly white area, though liberal hippies and some LGBTQ factions have become a growing part of the downtown coffee boutique and antiques section.

I venture down Sunday morning to a Sheetz to grab a coffee and an MTO. A black man and his son walk into the store all smiles.

Few minutes later I hop in the checkout line to pay, right behind the younger black man. He and the white cashier are carrying on a conversation (they clearly knew each other). Then I noticed the young black man has a semi-auto strapped to his hip.

I smiled.

I then imagined the sheer hysteria some white liberal woman from northern VA might have felt had she been standing where I was.

I didn't feel threatened. Quite the opposite, I felt safer.

A black man in a predominantly white town walking around with his semi on his hip. God Bless America.
how did you know he was Black? Did you ask him what he identified as at that particular time? also, why did you assume gender? this whole post is a huge learning lesson of hutyte primmassee and privlij.

you disgust me.

Have it your way. A general population armed to the teeth, ammo packed to the ceiling, everyone's carrying heat, easy access to semi-automatic weapons & high capacity ammo.... let the American Killing Fields commence! Shoot your way though your day at work, at school, dinner at restaurants, night out on town, trip to beach or the park. Shoot, shoot, shoot first and ask questions later. What a life! What a country! ✔️
So, no connection. Thanks

if guns are outlawed right now, as you read this, then won't these community service fairies then be under-equipped to confront a school shooter,

Confront school shooters with AR15s? Like in Uvalde? That must be what you're referring to.

Confront school shooters with AR15s? Like in Uvalde? That must be what you're referring to.
well, no, the community service fairies won't have AR-15s. Since, you know, by your very own definition, the community service fairies will be just citizens and not po-po, thus they cannot have a firearm.

so, do tell how the defund the po-po and community service fairies will stop criminals intent on not abiding the law (that's redundant, btw) and keep and use their illegal AR-15s or 9mms, or 17-gauge glock ghost handguns with laser silencers and 56 round clips.

The decay of society constitutes an even greater necessity of good people to protect themselves from the twisted and wicked.

They choose not to address the real issues. They wish the weaken the strong who are not morally bankrupt, like those they empower.

In no place I've seen yet where they have ridiculous firearms and self defense restrictions has it worked out for law abiding citizens.

If you throw in just how much our government has proven itself no longer worthy of trust. It should be an obligation and duty of every citizen of sound mind to train and retain as many firearms and ammo as they deem necessary.

When you allow mobs,gangs and criminals to do as they please on the streets with impunity, you lose all credibility.

When you allow millions of people from many,many countries to invade the country and disappear into its fabric. You've proven you have to have absolutely no concern for your nation's citizens. Which is your first and foremost duty.

A lot of people need impeached included China Ukraine Joe.
I would have canned him right after the Afghanistan pullout that killed Marines and left thousands of our friends,citizens and allies behind to die.

Confront School shooters with transgenders. That must be what you are referring to.

Actually, that's a win, win. Let's do that.

@Tibs - your beloved Democrats want to defund the popo and replace them with community something or another fairies.
if guns are outlawed right now, as you read this, then won't these community service fairies then be under-equipped to confront a school shooter, or do all guns magically ******* vanish off American soil when guns are banned? also, how do you intend to get guns from the gangs, and criminals? additionally, by banning guns, you're putting a good sized segment of the population out of business, thereby unable to pay taxes, which can also lead to bankruptcies and foreclosures.
That.s the thing. They know that. They KNOW that. It's just doing something for the sake of doing something so that they can say they did something no matter how ineffective it might be. That’s the MO. “We did X.” They never mention whether it actually worked or not.

That.s the thing. They know that. They KNOW that. It's just doing something for the sake of doing something so that they can say they did something no matter how ineffective it might be. That’s the MO. “We did X.” They never mention whether it actually worked or not.
I think it's more sinister that this. They clearly are doing this nonsense on purpose, to gain an advantage found outside the fabric of the US culture.

yet again, in your quickness to be snide, you're showing that the goobermint cannot protect the population.
really don't think this **** through, do you?

yet again, in your quickness to be snide, you're showing that the goobermint cannot protect the population.
really don't think this **** through, do you?
Tibs is just agitated that his political party lost again.

These people are so lost. These cities are lost. You have to start over with the youth who need guidance. How that is done without a strong family unit i don't know.The adults are a lost ******* cause. That culture must change.

I have to give props to anyone willing to police wild zoo animals. They're unworthy of giving your life for.

S
These people are so lost. These cities are lost. You have to start over with the youth who need guidance. How that is done without a strong family unit i don't know.The adults are a lost ******* cause. That culture must change.

I have to give props to anyone willing to police wild zoo animals. They're unworthy of giving your life for.
I can't believe I'm saying this but, when I see the wild youth in the streets, rioting, looting, violence, I think maybe a little dose of Sharia law or China-like law would set their a$$es straight. Unfortunately, it's a terrible system under which everyone suffers.

S

I can't believe I'm saying this but, when I see the wild youth in the streets, rioting, looting, violence, I think maybe a little dose of Sharia law or China-like law would set their a$$es straight. Unfortunately, it's a terrible system under which everyone suffers.

You look at some of these places and you should know that if something catastrophic happens and society has a complete breakdown. They'll come gut you and your family like deer in your home. Complete chaos is just a light switch away. Hell the only thing that keeps anything in check is held by a thin blue line. Without the buffer of law enforcement it would get real ugly real fast.

Back when folks understood what needed to be understood. Good to know America wasn't always run by lunatics, and Americans weren't always unhinged Gun Fetishizers.

Gun Control Is as Old as the Old West​

Contrary to the popular imagination, bearing arms on the frontier was a heavily regulated business

Laws regulating ownership and carry of firearms, apart from the U.S. Constitution's Second Amendment, were passed at a local level rather than by Congress. “Gun control laws were adopted pretty quickly in these places,” says Winkler. “Most were adopted by municipal governments exercising self-control and self-determination.”

The practice was started in Southern states, which were among the first to enact laws against concealed carry of guns and knives, in the early 1800s. While a few citizens challenged the bans in court, most lost. Winkler, in his book Gunfight: The Battle Over the Right to Bear Arms in America, points to an 1840 Alabama court that, in upholding its state ban, ruled it was a state's right to regulate where and how a citizen could carry, and that the state constitution's allowance of personal firearms “is not to bear arms upon all occasions and in all places.”

Louisiana, too, upheld an early ban on concealed carry firearms. When a Kentucky court reversed its ban, the state constitution was amended to specify the Kentucky general assembly was within its rights to, in the future, regulate or prohibit concealed carry.

Still, Winkler says, it was an affirmation that regulation was compatible with the Second Amendment. The federal government of the 1800s largely stayed out of gun-law court battles.

Frontier towns with and without gun legislation were violent places, more violent than family-friendly farming communities and Eastern cities of the time, but those without restrictions tended to have worse violence. “I've never seen any rhetoric from that time period saying that the only thing that's going to reduce violence is more people with guns,” says Winkler. “It seems to be much more of a 20th-century attitude than one associated with the Wild West.”

FxcplmbXgAEyI-y

Last edited:
your beloved Democrats want to defund the popo and replace them with community something or another fairies.

Never for a second have I agreed with defunding or disarming the police. You paint with too wide a brush (to insert a gratuitous Tomlinism).

Back when folks understood what needed to be understood. Good to know America wasn't always run by lunatics, and Americans weren't always unhinged Gun Fetishizers.

Gun Control Is as Old as the Old West​

Contrary to the popular imagination, bearing arms on the frontier was a heavily regulated business

FxcplmbXgAEyI-y
They made restrictions on carry at certain times that were not prohibitions on ownership nor were they licensure or registration requirements. And they were wrong, because something is codified by legislation does not mean it is moral or just.

Never for a second have I agreed with defunding or disarming the police. You paint with too wide a brush (to insert a gratuitous Tomlinism).
The bulk of your party and the Pols you vote for favor it.

The bulk of your party and the Pols you vote for favor it.

Much like Supe, you too, paint with too broad a brush. No surprise there, that's a MAGA staple. Oversimplifaction and overgeneralization of basically all issues.

While some Democrats have joined calls for a radical shift in police policy, including a reduction in police budgets, top congressional Democrats and Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden have not supported calls to "defund the police."

They made restrictions on carry at certain times that were not prohibitions on ownership nor were they licensure or registration requirements. And they were wrong, because something is codified by legislation does not mean it is moral or just.

"Frontier towns by and large prohibited the “carrying of dangerous weapons of any type, concealed or otherwise, by persons other than law enforcement officers.”

Let's get back to this true & tested, great American tradition. ✔️

"Frontier towns by and large prohibited the “carrying of dangerous weapons of any type, concealed or otherwise, by persons other than law enforcement officers.”

Let's get back to this true & tested, great American tradition. ✔️
I thought you were a progressive. welwala