• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Florida Valentines Day Shooting

It'd be nice if people stopped looking at it as a political issue and rather as a quality of life issue. Do what needs to be done to make the United States a safer place to live and quit trying to place blame or make excuses for why it happens.

It would also be nice if people would stop telling me what I need and don't need, or how I should think or feel.

It'd be nice if people stopped looking at it as a political issue and rather as a quality of life issue. Do what needs to be done to make the United States a safer place to live and quit trying to place blame or make excuses for why it happens.

people who own guns think owning a gun makes it safer,

It would also be nice if people would stop telling me what I need and don't need, or how I should think or feel.

That will never change...but again, this point of view and those telling you what to do is another reason why there is rarely any progress or productive discussion to improve things.

My favorite is the videos that are on CNN, people cutting up, turning in or otherwise destroying their guns. Saying they are going to be the change they want to see in America. It doesn't make sense to me. A crazy person shoots up a school, and your answer is to disarm yourself in a dangerous time where it seems it would be better to be armed.

Maybe we should be arresting these people as they obviously consider themselves threats.

But, "Less Guns = Less Killings"!

people who own guns think owning a gun makes it safer,

IF I had a gun, I would consider it safer than if it were hanging out on the street, slinging bullets and racking up body counts.

So “do what needs to be done” without identifying the problem? How does that work?

That will never change...but again, this point of view and those telling you what to do is another reason why there is rarely any progress or productive discussion to improve things.

Well, if people didn't feel the need to tell me what I need or don't need, or what to think or feel, I wouldn't have that point of view. As I said before in this thread, there is plenty that can be done without infringing on anyone's rights and without banning any kinds of weapons or magazines. Problem is, it takes work and cooperation, and no one in government is really interested in doing work.

xxKSKGX.jpg
b58vWlm.jpg
oP0ZGqP.jpg

I love how the media is hailing these HS students who are leading protests as heroes. The same generation who thinks CEREAL is too hard to eat. Yeah.

I love how the media is hailing these HS students who are leading protests as heroes. The same generation who thinks CEREAL is too hard to eat. Yeah.

Don't forget that they also eat tide pods.

Case in point.

You think the Constitution is a politcal issue?

Ready to give up any other rights?

You DO know the Bill of Rights wasnt written to give us those rights, correct? It was written to enumerate that these ARE rights that the government cant take.

Maybe it was in the plan. Perhaps the FBI didn't respond ON PURPOSE.

image.thumb.png.576c8ab04bbe9c81b026800cca9c3695.png

And you better not call it a political rally even though it’s pretty obvious that this was all set up behind the scenes to be one, and these kid’s speeches sound like professionally written Dem talking points.

You are not allowed to point that out or you are a terrible person.

You think the Constitution is a politcal issue?

Ready to give up any other rights?

You DO know the Bill of Rights wasnt written to give us those rights, correct? It was written to enumerate that these ARE rights that the government cant take.

I made no point as to what I what position I was talking about or what issue specifically. It was just assumed I was talking about taking guns away and I think that's an issue. All we see is arguing back and forth with guns or no guns and not enough time spent on what is the problem and how do we fix it. Is it stricter background checks, better identification of mental health issues and access to getting help, systematic failure of red flag cases, etc.? I don't have the answer, but I would certainly love decision makers talk about it rather than constantly talk about why you need a full arsenal of weapons in your house or why they should never sell a gun in this country again. That is useless and achieves nothing.

I made no point as to what I what position I was talking about or what issue specifically. It was just assumed I was talking about taking guns away and I think that's an issue. All we see is arguing back and forth with guns or no guns and not enough time spent on what is the problem and how do we fix it. Is it stricter background checks, better identification of mental health issues and access to getting help, systematic failure of red flag cases, etc.? I don't have the answer, but I would certainly love decision makers talk about it rather than constantly talk about why you need a full arsenal of weapons in your house or why they should never sell a gun in this country again. That is useless and achieves nothing.

Well, we are talking about the FL shooting, so I assume you aren't reference the right to not have to house soldiers. Pretty clear we are discussing the 2nd Amendment. I didn't assume you meant taking guns away. It sounded like, from your response to my post "case in point" when i said the 2nd amendment isn't a political issue that you think that statement is part of the problem. I don't see how it can be.

It is stated so that only those with a political ideology can read it differently. It is the 2nd of a series of INDIVIDUAL rights where a non-INDIVIDUAL right is not mentioned until the 10th (or is it the 9th?). 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 are all individual rights and for some reason, they stuck a non-individual right at #2? Pull the other one.

Well, we are talking about the FL shooting, so I assume you aren't reference the right to not have to house soldiers. Pretty clear we are discussing the 2nd Amendment. I didn't assume you meant taking guns away. It sounded like, from your response to my post "case in point" when i said the 2nd amendment isn't a political issue that you think that statement is part of the problem. I don't see how it can be.

It is stated so that only those with a political ideology can read it differently. It is the 2nd of a series of INDIVIDUAL rights where a non-INDIVIDUAL right is not mentioned until the 10th (or is it the 9th?). 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 are all individual rights and for some reason, they stuck a non-individual right at #2? Pull the other one.

And this is the topic that needs dumped. It is a non-issue. There are other issues that can be discussed with the attempt to find some answers. I spoke with high school freshman today who were more open to discussion than adults today. High school students who felt the need to have a active shooter drill just like we have fire drills because that is the society that we live in. They mentioned mental health and accessibility for those that don't want to go to the guidance office. They talked about the being desensitized to life with video games and movies. They talked about 30 years ago their parents coming to school with guns in their truck because they liked to hunt and respected guns and how to handle it. Varying opinions, no one yelling at each other, no one worried about anyone taking their guns, no one talking about the NRA. Trying to find some real answers to the insane people out there doing such horrific things.

Watching CNNs town hall. Rubio has some balls.

I'm having an issue with my laptop- it won't let me cut and paste websites. But go to Chicks on the Right, and you will see a breaking article about one of the Florida survivors (ROTC kiddo who made a kevlar wall and shielded students). He had a list of questions prepared, but CNN refused to let him ask them and gave him a list of scripted questions. He refused to go on air.