• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Florida Valentines Day Shooting

There is only one true gun free zone in the world. They call it Japan. 127 million population and average under 10 gun deaths per year.
Since gun laws don't work, the US should do an experiment. Enact Japans gun laws and the first year that gun deaths exceed 32,000
(our average gun deaths per year) the Japan laws become voided and we go back to the ones we have now.
Japan also has a centuries-long tradition of respecting others, especially your elders. Japan is also a very racist culture and doesn't let Muslims in or allow them to practice their religion.

I was wondering how this kid had enough money to buy 10 guns. Even at $300 a piece that's 3k. Not sure how a 19yr old gets that kinda money

I was wondering how this kid had enough money to buy 10 guns. Even at $300 a piece that's 3k. Not sure how a 19yr old gets that kinda money

That's pocket change in yuppylanf

Parkland Fl
Average Household Income $140,470

I doubt he was making 140k. So that means his parents had to give him the money

His parents both died in recent years. Maybe he got life insurance.

One mans opinion...
We all have a constitutional right to bear arms...and that is a cornerstone of our constitution....in which I have my share..

But I believe semi and automatic weapons should be closely monitored and restricted for sale to just anyone....

What the hell does a 18 year kid need such a weapon for?

And I do not believe that by restricting assault weapons would be an infringement on our rights to bear arms...

Automatic weapons are already banned. and here is one of the problems, the misinformed trying to decide laws for the rest of us. BTW if you ban semi-auto weapons that would include all hand guns other than revolvers, and most rifles. why don't we go one little tiny step further and ban all guns.. I am almost 57 years old and have owned guns all my life, I have never shot anyone nor have I ever wanted to shot anyone, my guns have never committed any type of crime, and neither have I so why should I have to give up anything?

I've been thinking about getting an AR or an AK. I think I better do it quickly.

The second tragedy in all of this is that this ****** will probably live forever in jail because these same bleeding heart libs think the death penalty is inhumane.

Automatic weapons are already banned. and here is one of the problems, the misinformed trying to decide laws for the rest of us. BTW if you ban semi-auto weapons that would include all hand guns other than revolvers, and most rifles. why don't we go one little tiny step further and ban all guns.. I am almost 57 years old and have owned guns all my life, I have never shot anyone nor have I ever wanted to shot anyone, my guns have never committed any type of crime, and neither have I so why should I have to give up anything?

I am also 57 years old and have never or wanted to shoot anyone..
Once again....I am not advocating "banning" firearms...I fully agree with not "banning" firearms in our country..

I never mentioned "banning" ...but I do believe in tighter monitoring and more clear and concise guidelines, when semi or automatic weapons are being purchased.
We obvioulsy can do better than current rules/regulations that are in place in an attempt to keep these weapons out of the hands of those that want to use them for mass murder.

Last edited:
I am also 57 years old and have never or wanted to shoot anyone..
Once again....I am not advocating "banning" firearms...I fully agree with not "banning" firearms in our country..

I never mentioned "banning" ...but I do believe in tighter monitoring and more clear and concise guidelines, when semi or automatic weapons are being purchased.
We obvioulsy can do better than current rules/regulations that are in place in an attempt to keep these weapons out of the hands of those that want to use them for mass murder.

I can't say that I would have a whole lot of confidence in the government to enact any rule, regulation, or law, and then actually enforce it. I believe this should be rationally discussed, but it a very small part of the puzzle in lessening these tragedies.

I can't say that I would have a whole lot of confidence in the government to enact any rule, regulation, or law, and then actually enforce it. I believe this should be rationally discussed, but it a very small part of the puzzle in lessening these tragedies.

Depends on if there is revenue that comes from the enforcement. For example, they are pretty good at financial law enforcement; things like immigration - not so much.

the ****** up aspect...

the left is blaming the gun for the killing and shooting spree
the left provided sanctuary for the illegal alien who killed Kate Steinle
the left blamed Dylan Roof immediately for killing people in the South Carolina church

Banning will do nothing without full confiscation of a few hundred million firearms. How's that going to go down? You're going to make millions of people outlaws when they bury them. I just don't see that happening. So if 30+ round mags are banned what do they go down to? 5 rounds...a clever psychopath will just tape those 5 round magazines over/under for 10 rounds a pop. 10 mags and you're still toting 100 rounds. Any old semi-automatic hunting rifle will have to be banned as well.

The problem is in society and what it's becoming. The mental health issue should be front and center,acting on a very credible abundance of information. Take a break from being political pawns FBI..do real work. And for god sakes arm the good to defend against the bad.

Last edited:
I keep hearing the same nonsensical argument. "I don't care if you want to hunt or target shoot, but AR-15s are designed for killing! No one needs an AR-15!".

I mean, if I was a a gun manufacturer I would just make them out of brown wood-like material, call them "BS 23"s and all the numbskulls in this country would declare a major victory. No more AR-15s! Yay!

Then the other dumb argument is "We need less guns! There are too many guns!" Ask them how we go about having "less guns" without banning guns and they have no answer. Not to mention that people like Cruz don't need a multitude of guns, they only need one. If we somehow cut the number of guns in this country by 2/3 it doesn't mean he wouldn't get his hands on one.

Last edited:
I keep hearing the same nonsensical argument. "I don't care if you want to hunt or target shoot, but AR-15s are designed for killing! No one needs an AR-15!".

I mean, if I was a a gun manufacturer I would just make them out of brown wood-like material, call them "BS 23"s and all the numbskulls in this country would declare a major victory. No more AR-15s! Yay!

Then the other dumb argument is "We need less guns! There are too many guns!" Ask them how we go about having "less guns" without banning guns and they have no answer. Not to mention that people like Cruz don't need a multitude of guns, they only need one. If we somehow cut the number of guns in this country by 2/3 it doesn't mean he wouldn't get his hands on one.

but it will have achieved the "do something, anything" heart string pulls and anything, something is better than approaching the situation logically and understanding why a situation occurs so as to fully prevent it in the future.

but it will have achieved the "do something, anything" heart string pulls and anything, something is better than approaching the situation logically and understanding why a situation occurs so as to fully prevent it in the future.

I hear ya...but when will that process start?

Its a multi-faceted problem.... that we as a nation for some unknown reason, have failed to address...

If I hadn't lost off of my guns in the everglades, you should consider all of them assault guns If you try to come into my house with the seeming intention to hurt my family, I will (well, would have) assault you with any one of them. I also have an assault frying pan, some assault kitchen knives, an assault chair and whatever else i can get my hands on.

If I hadn't lost off of my guns in the everglades, you should consider all of them assault guns If you try to come into my house with the seeming intention to hurt my family, I will (well, would have) assault you with any one of them. I also have an assault frying pan, some assault kitchen knives, an assault chair and whatever else i can get my hands on.

We only use sling shots and scary looking high hair capacity curling irons for self defense.

Both my daughter's school district and my GFs sons school had students taken into custody for threats

My favorite is the videos that are on CNN, people cutting up, turning in or otherwise destroying their guns. Saying they are going to be the change they want to see in America. It doesn't make sense to me. A crazy person shoots up a school, and your answer is to disarm yourself in a dangerous time where it seems it would be better to be armed.

As tragic as this shooting was, along with any mass shooting it still astonishes me how the left will lose their damn minds over seventeen school kids losing their lives, but think it is a OK to kill 100 times that every day with abortion. partial birth abortion is just as bad as any shooting, and for those of you (elftard) that don't agree... well go **** yourself.

My favorite is the videos that are on CNN, people cutting up, turning in or otherwise destroying their guns. Saying they are going to be the change they want to see in America. It doesn't make sense to me. A crazy person shoots up a school, and your answer is to disarm yourself in a dangerous time where it seems it would be better to be armed.

CNN is probably paying them $500 per gun destroyed.

It'd be nice if people stopped looking at it as a political issue and rather as a quality of life issue. Do what needs to be done to make the United States a safer place to live and quit trying to place blame or make excuses for why it happens.

It'd be nice if people stopped looking at it as a political issue and rather as a quality of life issue. Do what needs to be done to make the United States a safer place to live and quit trying to place blame or make excuses for why it happens.

The 2nd amendment is not a political issue....