• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Florida Valentines Day Shooting

I was on it for like a week. I just put up with the pain after.
I couldn't do the drugs

I actually needed stronger stuff but anything more powerful makes me throw up.
About 20 years ago I had to take Paxil for a few months and I was bouncing off the walls when I stopped.

Before I had my hysterectomy almost 12 years ago, I would have to take percocet for my cramps during THAT time of month. It got to where I would pop about 5 in the morning just to be able to get out of bed and function for the day. Granted, the cramps were bad for 2 days or so, so I wasn't popping percs all day and for a long time, but I knew something had to change. I didn't WANT to be dependent on **** like that just to be able to function.
After my surgery, I never had to take pain pills like that again. It was an amazing feeling.

I just think the idea of banning assult style rifles is more politics than substance... assult rifles are glamorized by media and have been for years... they are "cool" so of course if a kid is going to do this that would be his or her first choice...
Take it away and they are going to find something else... a pistol, a bomb, a car driven through recess... its the mindset that needs addressing.... the issue is everyone gets sidetracked by the political agenda

Take it away and they are going to find something else... a pistol, a bomb, a car driven through recess... its the mindset that needs addressing.... the issue is everyone gets sidetracked by the political agenda

Because Libs like any excuse or event to ban guns.

I finally unfriended about a dozen Libs on FB yesterday. Impossible to have a rational discussion, plus the fact that they constantly spew hate toward Conservatives and Republicans. It's kind of like if I was black and they were dropping N-bombs. Don't want to associate with people who don't like me and my kind.

Last edited:
I just think the idea of banning assult style rifles is more politics than substance... assult rifles are glamorized by media and have been for years... they are "cool" so of course if a kid is going to do this that would be his or her first choice...

Yes--this is no doubt a very political issue...and they are "cool" weapons, in fact I gave a quick thought about owning one at one time...

But I asked myself...is this a "want" or a "need"...and it as most definitely a "want"...
If someone asks themselves that same question when thinking about purchasing an "assault" weapon,and answers otherwise, I would have to question their intent.

I also agree if people want to murder in mass...they will get other items if they cant easily acquire an semi or auto-matic weapon..but the current weapon of choice for these evil and ill people are the assault rifles by a large margin...

So, if you just look at the data and want to solve a problem, any problem, you pay attention to want the data tells you, and then make the necessary corrective action to solve the problem.

Yes--this is no doubt a very political issue...and they are "cool" weapons, in fact I gave a quick thought about owning one at one time...

But I asked myself...is this a "want" or a "need"...and it as most definitely a "want"...
If someone asks themselves that same question when thinking about purchasing an "assault" weapon,and answers otherwise, I would have to question their intent.

I also agree if people want to murder in mass...they will get other items if they cant easily acquire an semi or auto-matic weapon..but the current weapon of choice for these evil and ill people are the assault rifles by a large margin...

So, if you just look at the data and want to solve a problem, any problem, you pay attention to want the data tells you, and then make the necessary corrective action to solve the problem.

Banning assult rifles does absolutely nothing to fix this issue... it just diverts the narrative to another weapon cause the issue is not and never was weapon related. I don't care about who owns what guns... not a factor for me at all... guns are irrelevant to me.. I just think the gun ban ideal is subverting the real issue here... logically assult weapon bans would achive nothing useful in this matter... nothing... if anything it will drive many of the problematic kids to weapons with higher kill percentages... ones that realistically cannot be banned...

Banning assult rifles does absolutely nothing to fix this issue... it just diverts the narrative to another weapon cause the issue is not and never was weapon related. I don't care about who owns what guns... not a factor for me at all... guns are irrelevant to me.. I just think the gun ban ideal is subverting the real issue here... logically assult weapon bans would achive nothing useful in this matter... nothing... if anything it will drive many of the problematic kids to weapons with higher kill percentages... ones that realistically cannot be banned...

Every Libtard everywhere - including those here - conveniently forgets that we have already had an assault weapons ban. It didn't work. We had the Brady Bill. Violence was worse then than it is now.

Banning guns will NEVER fix the issue. Because the problem isn't the weapon. Ban lorries! Ban fertilizer! Ban rental trucks!

03a1ba72e1ed49cc8a4f5b2a3c642874_18.jpg
15france-ss-2-master768-v3.jpg

image.jpg

This girl, just up the road from my home, was planning a school shooting. Thank god her father turned her in. She was going to use a shotgun and BOMBS.

http://wjla.com/news/local/father-t...rnal-with-plans-of-mass-shooting-at-md-school

When police searched Cevario's home, they say they found the journal, a shotgun, ammunition, pipes and caps, shrapnel, fireworks, magnesium tape and fuse material.

Ban shotguns! Ban metal pipes! Ban pipe caps! Ban tape and fireworks!

Last edited:
wouldn't it just be easier to make designated areas "Gun free zones"?
we could erect signs to alert people of these areas.
once inside these utopias, people could relax and live as nature intended.

Yeah right?!? lol

Just like the old west scenario where the gunslinger has to "check-in" his weapons with the local sheriff!

Yeah right?!? lol

Just like the old west scenario where the gunslinger has to "check-in" his weapons with the local sheriff!

it would be illegal to not check weapons in with the sheriff in that scenario.

I don't understand why they aren't pushing this more.

Gun free zones seems to work well according to these examples.

obviously those people are criminals and someone should do something, Stewey!

Every Libtard everywhere - including those here - conveniently forgets that we have already had an assault weapons ban. It didn't work. We had the Brady Bill. Violence was worse then than it is now.

Banning guns will NEVER fix the issue. Because the problem isn't the weapon. Ban lorries! Ban fertilizer! Ban rental trucks!

03a1ba72e1ed49cc8a4f5b2a3c642874_18.jpg
15france-ss-2-master768-v3.jpg

image.jpg

This girl, just up the road from my home, was planning a school shooting. Thank god her father turned her in. She was going to use a shotgun and BOMBS.

http://wjla.com/news/local/father-t...rnal-with-plans-of-mass-shooting-at-md-school

Ban shotguns! Ban metal pipes! Ban pipe caps! Ban tape and fireworks!

IIRC when the assult weapons ban was in place, handguns were the prime evil... it was just ignoring the real issues and scapegoating objects.....
Look, I have no dog in this fight... ban em all... whatever... it wont offend me in the least, but i will get annoyed as the target moves down the chain until we are all banned from having anything at all...

All the years I spent in school, never not one time did someone go into a school and shoot it up. And evil 30 round "clips" and AR style rifles were around then. So what changed? You libs with your bullshit rhetoric about "assault" rifles 30 round "clip" and "armor piercing" ammo need to look up the statistics of how m any handguns kill people in the US each year vs. AR15's....Seems to me the only time handguns matter is when a cop use's one...............

You want to ban handguns too?

Oh yea forgot that will be next.

Just to be clear...I'm not advocating "banning" firearms...

My belief is that we need more comprehensive guidelines and restrictions on ownership.

This Cruz ******* purchased 19 firearms in the past year!
THAT IS NOT NORMAL AND USUAL BEHAVIOR.
This alone should of triggered some type of further inquiry with Cruz.

Some will say...I know a guy or I have purchased large amount of firearms in a short period of time and Im a good American...
I say great!! Need more like you...but what would it hurt if you were look at a little closer because of this?
I would have to assume...nothing at all...and frankly, you should welcome the inquiry, because after all you are a law abiding, good American, that is a firm believer of law and order in our great country,

I'm not for taking guns from anyone but something has to give. It may be time for the full-time school security industry to be initiated. How about state and local annual tax assessments on firearms to support this security? I think gun manufacturers pay an excise tax but I'm talking gun owners for multiple guns and even more for AR-15s and the like. Maybe even allow your first gun be tax free for 2nd amendment purposes but only assessing additional guns? Again, I'm not for taking guns...just an avenue to support needed security? The Supreme Court ruled the Gov't can make people buy medical insurance thru a tax....why not?

Just to be clear...I'm not advocating "banning" firearms...

My belief is that we need more comprehensive guidelines and restrictions on ownership.

This Cruz ******* purchased 19 firearms in the past year!
THAT IS NOT NORMAL AND USUAL BEHAVIOR.
This alone should of triggered some type of further inquiry with Cruz.

Some will say...I know a guy or I have purchased large amount of firearms in a short period of time and Im a good American...
I say great!! Need more like you...but what would it hurt if you were look at a little closer because of this?
I would have to assume...nothing at all...and frankly, you should welcome the inquiry, because after all you are a law abiding, good American, that is a firm believer of law and order in our great country,

I see your point but it is a slippery slope. If you are a law abiding citizen with no prior issues why should you be under some agency doing additional research on you. It is a slippery slope. You by more than agreed amount of alcohol in a week cops can follow you because you may be more likely for a dui. You planting a garden and buy a little more fertilizer than perceived normal another agency watches you and your family. We all know we can trust our government not to overstep

I wasn't singling anyone out in particular with my original post so everyone knows.

Some will say...I know a guy or I have purchased large amount of firearms in a short period of time and I'm a good American...

And you are entrusting the very same government, who botched the whole investigation of this kid from the get go, and could have completely eliminated this threat, to "investigate" guys like me that buy firearms on a regular basis?

The same government that when under a Democratic president used the IRS to go after Conservative Republican organizations?

Yea guys like me cant wait till they get the power to show up at my door step on a moments notice, just because I end up on a watch list for buying Ammo, Mags or too many weapons in a calendar year.

And BTW it wouldn't surprise me one bit if I am already on a watch list.

Probably on a server in Barrack Obama's basement this time.

There is only one true gun free zone in the world. They call it Japan. 127 million population and average under 10 gun deaths per year.
Since gun laws don't work, the US should do an experiment. Enact Japans gun laws and the first year that gun deaths exceed 32,000
(our average gun deaths per year) the Japan laws become voided and we go back to the ones we have now.

You can't have a gun free zone, if it is surrounded by gun zones. Many of the killings in Chicago are done by guns acquired in Indiana.

There is only one true gun free zone in the world. They call it Japan. 127 million population and average under 10 gun deaths per year.
Since gun laws don't work, the US should do an experiment. Enact Japans gun laws and the first year that gun deaths exceed 32,000
(our average gun deaths per year) the Japan laws become voided and we go back to the ones we have now.

You can't have a gun free zone, if it is surrounded by gun zones. Many of the killings in Chicago are done by guns acquired in Indiana.
I and all aspiring dictators agree that that is the only way to get close to keeping all guns out of the hands of the citizens. Never going to happen here. Absent a total and enforceable ban, gun free zones only create soft targets and gun laws only affect law abiding citizens, so you all need to accept the reality that we won't accept a total gun ban in this country and start thinking about root causes of this violence.

or, since we heard during the last election "we need to be more like European countries", we could be more like Switzerland. I'm not going to use the allegedly flawed meme circulating Facebook, as Snopes says it is false for a myriad of reasons (including per capita), but we can focus on a few things in this comparison. Switzerland has one of the lowest murder rates by gun in the entire world. Switzerland, you know, a European country, hasn't seen a mass shooting since 2001.

Children as young as 12 are taught how to shoot as well as the rules of gun safety, and are encouraged to participate in highly popular target-shooting competitions. The country’s cultural attachment to firearms resembles America’s in some ways, though it has no constitutional right to bear arms—it has the third-highest rate of private gun ownership in the world, behind the United States and Yemen.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/02/swiss-guns/553448/

Closer to home, we could look at the state of Mississippi. Gunpolicy.org states that 55% of families in that state have a gun in the house. In 2013, there were a total of 215 firearm homicides and a total of 525 gun deaths. There were 289 suicides via gun that year. There were 2.99 million people living in Mississippi in 2013 (https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/popest.html).

Concealed carry is allowed, with enhanced permits allowing a gun carrier to have a valid permit indefinitely.
http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/mississippi.pdf

so what's the issue? Why does Mississippi have one of the nation's fewest numbers of gun deaths? Rural environment. Low income. Hell, even trails the country in education. Yet the state of Illinois had 1,117 gun deaths in 2013. 576 of those were gun homicides, with 352 occurring via handgun and 496 from suicide.

Last edited:
There are literally millions of guns out there that have never killed a human being. Hmmm. There has got to be something else involved here. Maybe that is where we need to be looking for a solution. That little **** should never have been able to own a gun, I am all for stricter background checks. But any law abiding citizen should be able to buy any semi auto gun they like.

There are literally millions of guns out there that have never killed a human being. Hmmm. There has got to be something else involved here. Maybe that is where we need to be looking for a solution. That little **** should never have been able to own a gun, I am all for stricter background checks. But any law abiding citizen should be able to buy any semi auto gun they like.

My guns haven't killed anyone. (yet) Of course, I keep them in a locked box so they can't go shoot up a school.