• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Florida Valentines Day Shooting

Doctors, lawyers, teachers, police and virtually every profession operate under proceedure. I think most police would have went which is why he is under protection. Which is why he quit. Just dont tell me what YOU would have done if you have never been in the situation. No one knows unless they have.

There was no point in him going in. I'm sure when he heard the reports he knew it was an AR. Going in with a service pistol is just suicide, regardless of procedure.

Could he have caught the shooter by surprise and made an epic head shot? Maybe..we'll never know anyway.

Some people run toward danger and some people run from it.

I won't call the guy a coward though. Until you have been in a fire fight, you just don't know what it is like or how you'll react. I can assure you, it is unlikely you will react the way you think you will.

You've been in a gunfight in your life. You are military, police or a citizen who has been in a gun fight. Yes or No? I would like to believe I would do whatever I could in any situation whatever the nature. But I've never been in a gunfight so I would say that I cannot for certain say. So Charles, I think you should declare if you have actually been in a gunfight. Or is this just the usual dick swinging around here.
Never been in a gunfight. You continue to project your pussiness onto others. Yes I can say for certain that I would have taken action and I can say for certain that most guys would. You clearly have doubts. That's your deal, along with the continuous dick references.

I won't call the guy a coward though. Until you have been in a fire fight, you just don't know what it is like or how you'll react. I can assure you, it is unlikely you will react the way you think you will.

True, however when you're in law enforcement that's what you train for and take an oath to do. We can't say for sure if Peterson could have done anything or stopped anything anyway, just saying that maybe it wouldn't have mattered, but it's his ******* $76,000 a year job to do that. They need to hand him a gun with one bullet and let him do the honorable thing.

True, however when you're in law enforcement that's what you train for and take an oath to do. We can't say for sure if Peterson could have done anything or stopped anything anyway, just saying that maybe it wouldn't have mattered, but it's his ******* $76,000 a year job to do that. They need to hand him a gun with one bullet and let him do the honorable thing.

They also take an oath to the Constitution and claim to protect and serve the public......how has that turned out lately?

Never been in a gunfight. You continue to project your pussiness onto others. Yes I can say for certain that I would have taken action and I can say for certain that most guys would. You clearly have doubts. That's your deal, along with the continuous dick references.

CERTAIN. You are are a liar. No one can be certain. You have a family? Kids of your own? Not a chance anyone can be certain. About the only thing Im certain of is the man who called him a coward today. The one who resides in the White House. Absolutleyfuckinzero chance he goes in. He might have sent security. He might have sent the butler or the nanny. No ****** way he goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
They also take an oath to the Constitution and claim to protect and serve the public......how has that turned out lately?

Thank you for proving my point that putting all your faith in government to protect you isn't a good idea.
Police called to Cruz's house 39 times.
School knew he was a nutball.
FBI notified twice and did nothing.
Armed deputy, presumably better-trained and a better shot, cowers outside school door.

Last edited:

EXACTLY. And Im assuming from someone who has been in one. You never ever know your own level of courage until its been tested. And this was as close to Dday hit the beach as you can get. I think it is fair to say his response was dissapointing. He was in law enforcement. He wasnt the biology teacher. But if you call another man a coward you better have been in a similar situation and stood up.

CERTAIN. You are are a liar. No one can be certain. You have a family? Kids of your own? Not a chance anyone can be certain. About the only thing Im certain of is the man who called him a coward today. The one who resides in the White House. Absolutleyfuckinzero chance he goes in. He might have sent security. He might have sent the butler or the nanny. No ****** way he goes.
You are not qualified to comment on what men can be certain of.

Im certain anyone who talks of stuff they havent done themselves but believes they could do. Stuff like this. Is lying to themselves or others. Just no way to say.

If you're taking a paycheck to provide security then hide when rubber meets the road, I'll call it what it is.....cowardice.

Call it what it is....enough sugarcoating everything.

Cowardice is a trait wherein fear and excessive self-concern override doing or saying what is right, good, and of help to others or oneself in a time of need—it is the opposite of courage. As a label, "cowardice" indicates a failure of character in the face of a challenge.

Last edited:
There was no point in him going in. I'm sure when he heard the reports he knew it was an AR. Going in with a service pistol is just suicide, regardless of procedure.

Could he have caught the shooter by surprise and made an epic head shot? Maybe..we'll never know anyway.

Why am I not surprised you'd side with the coward? Pathetic. HE'S A COP, IT'S HIS ******* JOB!!

He's a cop, so I'm sorry, but that excuse is bullshit. I will call him a coward. If you're a cop or soldier, you sign up knowing this may be the cost. You're trained for it. This is the ultimate form of cowardice.

Nope. Not a ******* chance in the pit of hades. You ban those damn assault weapons, and maybe then, you will have gone far enough.
Only a total ban on guns will satisfy the Left. They can’t come right out and say it though or they’d never win elections.

If you're taking a paycheck to provide security then hide when rubber meets the road, I'll call it what it is.....cowardice.

Call it what it is....enough sugarcoating everything.

Cowardice is a trait wherein fear and excessive self-concern override doing or saying what is right, good, and of help to others or oneself in a time of need—it is the opposite of courage. As a label, "cowardice" indicates a failure of character in the face of a challenge.

I understand where you are coming from. For starters, resource officers are, more often than not, guys who aren't fit for working a regular beat. They aren't normally the best of the best. Maybe this guy had never faced a situation where he was staring into the eyes of his own mortality. Perhaps he thought he could do it. Maybe he believed he could be that guy. Unfortunately, he couldn't. Bad way to find out.

According to the Sheriff, Israel, the coward Scott Peterson resigned with full pension benefits, it's in the video. And now being reported that there were 4 Broward deputies on scene. It was only when Coral Springs PD showed up minutes later did any LEO's enter that school. And Coral Springs PD were the cops to catch the killer.

Sheriff Israel should be stuffed into an asylum immediately. But it is Broward county, they'll probably award him a Nobel.

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...hboring-police-dept-were-first-into-building/

According to the Sheriff, Israel, the coward Scott Peterson resigned with full pension benefits, it's in the video. And now being reported that there were 4 Broward deputies on scene. It was only when Coral Springs PD showed up minutes later did any LEO's enter that school. And Coral Springs PD were the cops to catch the killer.

Sheriff Israel should be stuffed into an asylum immediately. But it is Broward county, they'll probably award him a Nobel.

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...hboring-police-dept-were-first-into-building/

That's awful if all that is true.

Why would he have to make an epic head shot? It was one kid and i don't think he was wearing body armor.

Maybe he points his gun at the kid and the kid surrenders or runs away.

Why are these shootings over so quickly in relative time? Because the shooters want to get out before another gun makes an appearance.

I guess my feeling is that if it is your job to face dangerous situations, i expect you to be afraid, but to do your ******* job.

Ive run toward unknown danger to help stop a robbery. Ive had a guy tell me he had a knife in his pocket. I had to be held back because i wanted to get to him before he could get it out. Ive stepped between guys when tempers were flaring and im not a big guy.

Ive never had a gun pulled on me or been shot at. I have no idea how i would react. If armed at the time, id hope to be able to help. If unarmed, there is little i could do. However, i didnt take a job where my expectation is to protect people. If i took that job, id do it.

Then why wear the uniform. Is that not you job, more importantly is that not the purpose of wearing a uniform. Ahh damn sarge they got guns too I’m not sure I wanna go in. **** that. Damn caption,... that fire looks hot, I donno. **** that.

Im certain anyone who talks of stuff they havent done themselves but believes they could do. Stuff like this. Is lying to themselves or others. Just no way to say.

You are COMPLETELY misrepresenting the analysis. COMPLETELY.

Specifically, the safety officer was wearing a badge and uniform, and carrying a loaded weapon. His promise to enter the building and risk his safety to protect others HAD ALREADY BEEN MADE. That was his ******* JOB. He cashed his paychecks, but when the time came to do his job, he bailed.

Writing, "Oh, you don't know how you would have reacted" is utter, complete bullshit.

I don't work as a peace officer, or wear a badge and gun at work, or accept a decent salary to protect students. If I did, then I have made the bargain already. I have agreed to risk my safety to protect the students.

Finally, the statement that the sheriff faced danger akin to the troops landing on Normandy? No. Just ... no. First, we won WWII because those troops - many of them kids - charged the beach while machine gun fire and mortars and landmines destroyed them by the hundreds. Thousands. One ******* 19-year old dipshit is more dangerous than the Nazi army in Normandy? Oh for **** sake.

Second, the vast majority of those troops had been DRAFTED, and had not volunteered for this danger, and stormed the beach to face it. ******* dipshit sheriff who stood behind a tree waiting for backup would have been the guy who VOLUNTEERED for duty, and was weeping on the landing craft and refusing to land.

In other words, a guy facing court martial and prison - deservedly.

Last edited: