• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Florida Valentines Day Shooting

How many shootings, murders, etc from either kids/ adults using some form of cannabis?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Steeler Nation mobile app

Doctors are not prescribing marijuana to teens to treat their mental disorders. They are prescribing antidepressants, stimulants, anti-psychotics, mood stabilizers, anxiolytics, and depressants.

Found out Friday that the family the shooter had been living with for the past 3 months are clients of mine. The gun store where the shooter had purchased the rifle legally, is one block from my office and has been close since the day of the shooting. Both the family and gun store owner have been run out of town.

Doctors are not prescribing marijuana to teens to treat their mental disorders. They are prescribing antidepressants, stimulants, anti-psychotics, mood stabilizers, anxiolytics, and depressants.
Yet teens and adults self medicate.
So how many bad shootings was cannabis involved with?

Drugs (prescribed and not), easily acquired weapons of mass destruction, and parents with a "me first" parental philosophy dont mix...

And unfortunately...our current culture in our beloved country has too much of that poisonous mix going on...

Last edited:
Yet teens and adults self medicate.
So how many bad shootings was cannabis involved with?

Do the research and get back to me. That isn't this discussion.

You may have more evidence of it when doctors start prescribing it to a large % of our teens where they take it three times a day and it's embedded in their systems 24x7, not as an occasional recreational high.

Yes it is. But the reactions to this have been laughable. Going on strike until legislation is passed? Yeah....THAT'S effective. While situational awareness is a good thing, these knee jerk reactions don't do anything except cause more hysteria.

So how much time, how many incidents, and how many bodies do you need before it's not a "knee jerk reaction".

Will it take what I like to call "The Brady effect" where Reagan's press sec. after the assassination attempt that left him in a wheelchair suddenly became pro gun control?

In other words will it have to affect you personally before you see the stupidity in allowing the current situation to continue without any changes?

So how much time, how many incidents, and how many bodies do you need before it's not a "knee jerk reaction".

Will it take what I like to call "The Brady effect" where Reagan's press sec. after the assassination attempt that left him in a wheelchair suddenly became pro gun control?

In other words will it have to affect you personally before you see the stupidity in allowing the current situation to continue without any changes?
Nobody is saying no changes. There is a lot to look at here, not just making it illegal to buy guns - that is the knee jerk reaction.

When the knee jerk reaction is not to do something that won't fix the problem and actually ignores the real problem in an attempt to capitalize on the tragedy and strip away our CONSTITUTIONAL rights.

A1061FBD-37D2-4B5B-BDAE-1EE4995DE188.jpeg.d626a6933c6977d1e15390505a3bc753.jpeg

When the knee jerk reaction is not to do something that won't fix the problem and actually ignores the real problem in an attempt to capitalize on the tragedy and strip away our CONSTITUTIONAL rights.

That's pretty much it. They've been using these kids as pawns on tv now and it's pretty ******* disgusting to see. If they want to focus anger focus that **** in the FBI who totally ****** up on this one up. How much more do you need? Oh wait they're busy working for the democrats trying to obstruct and deligitimize the president. Stupid stuff.

so, when is the blame going drop squarely on the shoulders on the FBI for ignoring and dropping the ball? You have laws and background checks, but the simple flags are not looked into or raised. The Hell does it matter how tough the laws are if they are ignored? It's not the gun, Trump, Congress or the NRA that is to blame when authorities are called to the killers' home 39 times and he STILL owns a gun. There is a major disconnect there. Everyone knew about him and his youtube videos, his mental state, fb pictures, but what was done? Keep blaming the gun. Idiots. Keep blaming Congress. Idiots. Keep blaming NRA, Trump and Right-Wings gun toting nuts. Idiots.

so, when is the blame going drop squarely on the shoulders on the FBI for ignoring and dropping the ball? You have laws and background checks, but the simple flags are not looked into or raised. The Hell does it matter how tough the laws are if they are ignored? It's not the gun, Trump, Congress or the NRA that is to blame when authorities are called to the killers' home 39 times and he STILL owns a gun. There is a major disconnect there. Everyone knew about him and his youtube videos, his mental state, fb pictures, but what was done? Keep blaming the gun. Idiots. Keep blaming Congress. Idiots. Keep blaming NRA, Trump and Right-Wings gun toting nuts. Idiots.

It doesnt matter at all. Same **** will happen. You can ban all the **** you want. I'm sure there's at least 150 million rifles or more in circulation.. It's society that's heading to hell.

Do the research and get back to me. That isn't this discussion.

You may have more evidence of it when doctors start prescribing it to a large % of our teens where they take it three times a day and it's embedded in their systems 24x7, not as an occasional recreational high.

So let's go with mass shootings and cannabis having close to zero correlation.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

So let's go with mass shootings and cannabis having close to zero correlation.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

And again I'll state - doctors aren't prescribing marijuana to teens. Teens aren't on continual 24x7 daily doses of marijuana as brain therapy as a prescriptive means of addressing their "mental" issues. It is used as a recreational drug. Not as drug therapy en masse.

Other psychotropic drugs are. Hundreds of thousands of our teens are on 2-3x daily doses of psychotropic drugs aimed at curbing their brain functions. Their bodies are dependent on it. If and when teens are taking marijuana 2-3 times daily to address their mental well being, we can then compare the effects of cannabis on teen violence and school shootings. Until then, you can't make a compare because marijuana is a recreational drug for teens. It's not a prescriptive therapy.

And again I'll state - doctors aren't prescribing marijuana to teens. Teens aren't on continual 24x7 daily doses of marijuana as brain therapy as a prescriptive means of addressing their "mental" issues. It is used as a recreational drug. Not as drug therapy en masse.

Other psychotropic drugs are. Hundreds of thousands of our teens are on 2-3x daily doses of psychotropic drugs aimed at curbing their brain functions. Their bodies are dependent on it. If and when teens are taking marijuana 2-3 times daily to address their mental well being, we can then compare the effects of cannabis on teen violence and school shootings. Until then, you can't make a compare because marijuana is a recreational drug for teens. It's not a prescriptive therapy.

My friends and I joke about it but there's probably a grain of truth to the fact we didn't have any violence or problems in my high school back in the 70's because so many of us were mellowed on weed. Sure we had our cliques but everyone was buds with everyone.

My friends and I joke about it but there's probably a grain of truth to the fact we didn't have any violence or problems in my high school back in the 70's because so many of us were mellowed on weed. Sure we had our cliques but everyone was buds with everyone.

Weed is peaceful.
Meth is another story and whatever prescription drugs the docs dish out.
I remember back in 2011 when I fell off a dirt bike and bruised my tailbone real bad.

I was prescribed oxytocin and vicodin for pain(sp?)

I was hallucinating that night. I can imagine what it's like to be hooked

Yes it is. But the reactions to this have been laughable. Going on strike until legislation is passed? Yeah....THAT'S effective. While situational awareness is a good thing, these knee jerk reactions don't do anything except cause more hysteria.

np9m2Db.jpg

One mans opinion...
We all have a constitutional right to bear arms...and that is a cornerstone of our constitution....in which I have my share..

But I believe semi and automatic weapons should be closely monitored and restricted for sale to just anyone....

What the hell does a 18 year kid need such a weapon for?

And I do not believe that by restricting assault weapons would be an infringement on our rights to bear arms...

That's pretty much it. They've been using these kids as pawns on tv now and it's pretty ******* disgusting to see. If they want to focus anger focus that **** in the FBI who totally ****** up on this one up. How much more do you need? Oh wait they're busy working for the democrats trying to obstruct and deligitimize the president. Stupid stuff.

Im sorry....but this narrative is a bunch a crappola...

Being the President seems to be more concerned with clearing his name, instead of publicly condoning the Russians for this act of espionage ...This seems to be a "deflection" statement....

Do you really think the entire local Florida FBI is spending all their time and efforts to focus on the Russia investigation?!?
Probably very little or no time at all is being focused by South Florida FBI personnel on Russia.

Last edited:
It doesnt matter at all. Same **** will happen. You can ban all the **** you want. I'm sure there's at least 150 million rifles or more in circulation.. It's society that's heading to hell.

I agree with this!

But I still believe there should be tighter restrictions on certain assault weapons...

Oh BTW... I would say that there are probably at least twice the amount of rifles in circulation in the country than 150 million ,,,

Weed is peaceful.
Meth is another story and whatever prescription drugs the docs dish out.
I remember back in 2011 when I fell off a dirt bike and bruised my tailbone real bad.

I was prescribed oxytocin and vicodin for pain(sp?)

I was hallucinating that night. I can imagine what it's like to be hooked

When I was laid up for five months in my living room about this time six years ago I was popping Vicodin like candy. I wouldn't say I was addicted because I don't have an addictive personality but I was dependent on it in the sense that I got horrible cramps all over my body when I went off of it because I was taking it for so long. I had to call the doctor and get one more script so I could taper off of it. I get that other people can't do that and will keep getting it, either legally or illegally.

When I was laid up for five months in my living room about this time six years ago I was popping Vicodin like candy. I wouldn't say I was addicted because I don't have an addictive personality but I was dependent on it in the sense that I got horrible cramps all over my body when I went off of it because I was taking it for so long. I had to call the doctor and get one more script so I could taper off of it. I get that other people can't do that and will keep getting it, either legally or illegally.

I was on it for like a week. I just put up with the pain after.
I couldn't do the drugs

One mans opinion...
We all have a constitutional right to bear arms...and that is a cornerstone of our constitution....in which I have my share..

But I believe semi and automatic weapons should be closely monitored and restricted for sale to just anyone....

What the hell does a 18 year kid need such a weapon for?

And I do not believe that by restricting assault weapons would be an infringement on our rights to bear arms...

I agree with this. I have never been too keen on assault weapons and no person under 21 should have access to one. A 22 y.o can go off just like an 18 y.o., though.