• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

For the Tomlin NEVER coaches on the sideline crowd

The only people in the league or in NFL fandom that have a problem with Coach T are Steeler fans.

We are hardest on our own.
100% agree. Living near Baltimore, I can tell you most Raven fans would trade head coaches in seconds. Radio callers yesterday were begging for Harbs to be fired so they could get someone like Tomlin

As do I (speak with tons of people from all sorts of fan bases) and statements like "they all love Tomlin" are just false, no ifs and or buts about it

you can't even get 10 Steeler fans to agree on a point of view, but yet the entire rest off the football world is united on this topic about Tomlin,,,a world that has literally never agreed on anything...it's just absurd to say something like everyone loves Tomlin outside of Pittsburgh. Never in the history of the football world has such an agreement happened...until Tomlin...lmao you guys are in rare form today but that **** is just comical

C'mon, even you can't believe this load of crap you're spewing

Is it a majority, yes (as i stated)..but that's about it...this unified love simply does not exist
My anecdotal evidence from the Natti. Most, not all Bengal's fan have a begrudging respect for Tomlin and find it inconceivable we have so many Tomlin haters. It is not universal as some in the Natti just hate anything and everything Steelers. I find many of the opinion the fact we can have had so much success yet still ***** and whine about our Coach is part of the reason those mouth breathers hate us so much. They find us to be arrogant spoiled children. They are not entirely wrong.

I speak with a lot of fan bases, podcasters for other fan bases and live in Ravens territory. They all love Tomlin. Rich Eisen works in the industry and is around far more opposing non steelers pundits and fans than I, and he'll go to bat calling Steeler fans dumb for wanting to replace Tomlin.

I stated on my show, that Tomlin has a 4 year window that started this year by drafting Pickett. I expect playoffs next year and SB push the 3rd/4th year. If he starts losing instead of going deep in the playoffs, I would expect a change.

His future success is linked to KP's rookie contract.
Thanks for an honest answer. Appreciated Stryker. I just don't see anything changing so that will be like 8 or 9 years of a non contending team. Personally if they don't make a big year two of KP jump next year and look like a contender as in challenge for division better than 7th seed I'd be saying bye bye for sure.

My anecdotal evidence from the Natti. Most, not all Bengal's fan have a begrudging respect for Tomlin and find it inconceivable we have so many Tomlin haters. It is not universal as some in the Natti just hate anything and everything Steelers. I find many of the opinion the fact we can have had so much success yet still ***** and whine about our Coach is part of the reason those mouth breathers hate us so much. They find us to be arrogant spoiled children. They are not entirely wrong.
The same Bengals that have more playoff wins in the last 2 seasons than the Steelers have in the last 12? I bet they're envious as hell of Coach T.

I just would like to see just a little less of the bad. I have lowered my expectations. Just be competitive ****.
We are both on the same page.

I want play off appearances and wins. Coach Tomlin has had very talented teams, yet has seem to do very little with them. that is a part of my gripe as well.

He went 11-0 to start a season and then total let down and barely made the POs, only to be humilitated by a coach that wasn’t on the sidelines.

Salute the nation

We are both on the same page.

I want play off appearances and wins. Coach Tomlin has had very talented teams, yet has seem to do very little with them. that is a part of my gripe as well.

He went 11-0 to start a season and then total let down and barely made the POs, only to be humilitated by a coach that wasn’t on the sidelines.

Salute the nation
We are all on the same page I think. We all want long play off runs and Super Bowls. If you go back a few years and look at my posts, I have not been a Tomlin cheerleader, but I also see what other teams go through trying to hire coaches that end up nowhere near as competent as our guy. I think Tomlin proved a lot of people wrong this year. Myself included

you have to admit that that was the weakest 11-0 team ever seen. Did they get there with luck? skill? coaching? probs yes to all.

And then as we debate all this **** while the argument still hangs in the air they bring back numb nuts. You might as well dump Heyward and TJ will be another year older and closer to done after next year. It's like Bush. People sit here and say that ****** guy can't play. Tomlin says yes he can for more than a year and a half and then 2 or 3 games left he says well maybe not. Really Mike? Really?

And then as we debate all this **** while the argument still hangs in the air they bring back numb nuts. You might as well dump Heyward and TJ will be another year older and closer to done after next year. It's like Bush. People sit here and say that ****** guy can't play. Tomlin says yes he can for more than a year and a half and then 2 or 3 games left he says well maybe not. Really Mike? Really?
do you think that has anything to do with who would replace him? I like Robinsons talent but maybe it took him time to learn the position.

Tomlin Austin and Flores sees these guys in practice every single day

do you think that has anything to do with who would replace him? I like Robinsons talent but maybe it took him time to learn the position.

Tomlin Austin and Flores sees these guys in practice every single day
It's just like Canada. Anything is better than ****. Bush will be on the Street and done football in 9-12 months. So what makes him better than the guys on the street this year. I don't care if Robinson might get lost in a call once in a while. How is he supposed to get better. You put in the guy with upside and inexperience and live with his growing pains cause the other guy can't and won't get it done.

It's just like Canada. Anything is better than ****. Bush will be on the Street and done football in 9-12 months. So what makes him better than the guys on the street this year. I don't care if Robinson might get lost in a call once in a while. How is he supposed to get better. You put in the guy with upside and inexperience and live with his growing pains cause the other guy can't and won't get it done.
That's what ended up happening. He was a rookie 7th round draft pick learning a new position.

That's what ended up happening. He was a rookie 7th round draft pick learning a new position.
Yeah. In the last two games. About 8 or 9 too late in my opinion. And beyond that unless Devin Bush came out with his hair on fire no frigging way he is even half my opening day starter. I'd have had the backup plan in place for that guy because I knew he sucked. Or like I said there are many players available on rosters. Hard to believe you couldn't upgrade on that stiff.

Yeah. In the last two games. About 8 or 9 too late in my opinion. And beyond that unless Devin Bush came out with his hair on fire no frigging way he is even half my opening day starter. I'd have had the backup plan in place for that guy because I knew he sucked. Or like I said there are many players available on rosters. Hard to believe you couldn't upgrade on that stiff.
ok. Yet another thread started on one topic and turned around to a Tomlin sucks and we know better thread. It is quite honestly getting quite old.

No , the thread was started presumably defend against Tomlin Sucks. Everything else is pro and con of that. So it didnt turn into a Tomlin sucks thread. Old or not, its the perceived problem with this team attaining anything other than mediocrity.

The topic of Bush is appropriate because we have seen this before under Tomlin. Where Cowher would cut an under performing draft pick, Tomlin doesnt. Despite everyone in the public seeing the obvious. Waiting until the last two games cutting 90% of his snaps. He wont be back. So who do we blame ? Olsavsky?

No , the thread was started presumably defend against Tomlin Sucks. Everything else is pro and con of that. So it didnt turn into a Tomlin sucks thread. Old or not, its the perceived problem with this team attaining anything other than mediocrity.

The topic of Bush is appropriate because we have seen this before under Tomlin. Where Cowher would cut an under performing draft pick, Tomlin doesnt. Despite everyone in the public seeing the obvious. Waiting until the last two games cutting 90% of his snaps. He wont be back. So who do we blame ? Olsavsky?
no the reason the thread was started has been posted a few times

several here have claimed Tomlin never coaches anybody on the sideline. This video proves other wise

then the haters did what the haters do

Eisen is like most folks who are not full time Steeler fans and is only looking at that precious “no losing seasons” record. With the talent we’ve had, 3 playoff wins in 12 years and none in the last 6 is not good enough.
I’ll say that one more time. Not. Good. Enough.
I figured out a while ago that Shades’ ceiling is about 10 wins and a first round playoff loss. It’s simply as good as he knows how to be.
We’ve had 16 years for him to build his own championship team and he’s shown pretty convincingly that he can’t do it.

Coach Tomlin makes an easy LOVE / HATE relationship. He has a way of coaching that shows two perspectives and can be love / hate.

As I've said before, coach tomlin is a good coach in today's NFL. He does win season games and makes heroic coaching displays driven by both ups and downs. He had a tremendous back 1/2 of season but was also responsible for front 1/2 as well.

This season is a great example of the love / hate relationship fans can have.

STEELERS fans are more critical because they are way closer to the team and antics. Because a fan may speak badly of the coaching doesn't necessarily mean he hates the coach, but more so shows they are a well adversed fan who see the good and the bad. Tomlin has both, good & bad.
Coach Tomlin makes an easy LOVE / HATE relationship. He has a way of coaching that shows two perspectives and can be love / hate.

As I've said before, coach tomlin is a good coach in today's NFL. He does win season games and makes heroic coaching displays driven by both ups and downs. He had a tremendous back 1/2 of season but was also responsible for front 1/2 as well.

This season is a great example of the love / hate relationship fans can have.

STEELERS fans are more critical because they are way closer to the team and antics. Because a fan may speak badly of the coaching doesn't necessarily mean he hates the coach, but more so shows they are a well adversed fan who see the good and the bad. Tomlin has both, good & bad.

Salute the nation
Same. I’ve never said that Shades is a bad coach or that he should be fired. I think he is a good coach but not a great coach. Great coaches win more than 3 playoff games in 12 years and don’t allow their opponents to score 40+ points in 3 straight playoff games, the only coach to ever do so.

Reactions: GMC
Eisen is like most folks who are not full time Steeler fans and is only looking at that precious “no losing seasons” record. With the talent we’ve had, 3 playoff wins in 12 years and none in the last 6 is not good enough.
I’ll say that one more time. Not. Good. Enough.
I figured out a while ago that Shades’ ceiling is about 10 wins and a first round playoff loss. It’s simply as good as he knows how to be.
We’ve had 16 years for him to build his own championship team and he’s shown pretty convincingly that he can’t do it.
you figured nothing out, youre just a hater.

only coolie knows the REAL truth

Yup, that’s why I left the one FB group after the season.
Template:
Black fan, out of the blue and for no apparent reason: “Mike Tomlin, never a losing season, greatest coach ever.”
White fan: “I dunno, only 3 playoff wins in 12 years.”
Black fan: “See? White people are racist.”

again that is not what this thread is about

it was posted to show how the haters were wrong about one specific point many of them love to ***** about

I don't think you will find any post where I have said Tomlin is a great coach

but as I've said before...sadly he is still above average in today's NFL

for what its worth i think he did a fine job the 2nd half the season.. albeit a weaker part of the schedule. It's the June - November i have a problem with this year.