• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

For the Tomlin NEVER coaches on the sideline crowd

When I've played or coached football, at any level, we discussed and implemented adjustments at half time. I guess the NFL is different. Anyone play college ball and want to chime in on this?
When you consider the sources of HOF QBs, there is very little you need to do to adjust in games. They are gifted athletes that rely on their own particular skills to win games.

I'd like to hear it from a defensive perspective on those teams.

Umm, OK. You've spent the better part of four pages going on and on about how Tomlin isn't really doing anything, and how what was posted isn't an example of quality coaching, and how he's self-aggrandizing. But you're not shltting on the guy.

You're right -- I don't get that part.

Normally all we see from MT on the sidelines is very little communication, and a deer-in-the-headlights look much of the time. I thought it was refreshing to see him actually following Minkah over to the bench to make sure he got his point across about what he wanted in coverage. No, it wasn't directly related to the interception. So ******* what?

Please excuse me for appreciating the sight of something a little different from Mike Tomlin, and viewing it as a positive. *gasp*
Well the self aggrandizing is a shot. Because he kinda is. You are the one saying he doesn't communicate and he has deer in the headlights. I'm saying the video adds little to no evidence of his coaching players up. HOWEVER, that does not mean that he doesn't coach players up. Its just that is a very low level attempt.

When you consider the sources of HOF QBs, there is very little you need to do to adjust in games. They are gifted athletes that rely on their own particular skills to win games.

I'd like to hear it from a defensive perspective on those teams.
Totally agree. Halftime is an opportunity for coaches to meet briefly and discuss what is working and what is getting them killed. When you think of a team like Minnesota and Jacksonville coming back 20 some points in the second half its kinda hard to believe they kept doing the same stuff.

The only people in the league or in NFL fandom that have a problem with Coach T are Steeler fans.

We are hardest on our own.
Perhaps some what true, but if you detailed his playoff record and related wins losses perhaps some of those outside fans would be less enamored. Especially with the fans that are used to having winning seasons. The ones who aren't used to winning seasons would obviously be happier with Mike. As would the fans who take more stock in winning seasons over winning playoff games and championships.

Want to further emphasize that both stands are perfectly fine and understandable.

The only people in the league or in NFL fandom that have a problem with Coach T are Steeler fans.

All I'm asking Stryker is this. If the Steelers stay on the same course they have been on for the last 5 years? how many more are you prepared to wait to want them to pull the plug here?

I can tell you that this couldn't be more false. I've lived in the south for decades now and MANY non-Steeler fans frequently tell me how they feel sorry that our ownership handcuffs to a guy that should have been fired years ago, but hasn't been and won't be due to his race. Unfortunately, this mindset makes us one of the most boring teams in football.

So, if you truly believe that it only Steeler fans who feel this way you are grossly misinformed, I assure you. For whatever reason, I also know that this forum (ie. Coolie) does his best to suppress this reality. I'd say this agenda is equally as annoying as the airline spam that is flooding this sight.

No guys for real! We just need an OC and it will be like the late 70s all over again! Derrrr ...

I can tell you that this couldn't be more false. I've lived in the south for decades now and MANY non-Steeler fans frequently tell me how they feel sorry that our ownership handcuffs to a guy that should have been fired years ago, but hasn't been and won't be due to his race. Unfortunately, this mindset makes us one of the most boring teams in football.

So, if you truly believe that it only Steeler fans who feel this way you are grossly misinformed, I assure you. For whatever reason, I also know that this forum (ie. Coolie) does his best to suppress this reality. I'd say this agenda is equally as annoying as the airline spam that is flooding this sight.

No guys for real! We just need an OC and it will be like the late 70s all over again! Derrrr ...
you've tried this fake story before under a different name..

So true. I know a mod on a guitar forum...he's a maniac Raider fan...rabid. He'd take Tomlin on the Raiders at just about any cost. No joke. Tomlin has huge respect everywhere but here.

I know he hasn't won anything in years, but he still has mad respect around the league and deservedly so.

So true. I know a mod on a guitar forum...he's a maniac Raider fan...rabid. He'd take Tomlin on the Raiders at just about any cost. No joke. Tomlin has huge respect everywhere but here.

I know he hasn't won anything in years, but he still has mad respect around the league and deservedly so.
So tell me what do you think is the going price for two one and done playoff appearances in the last 5 years one of them being a mathematical miracle. And again how long are you.prepared to stay on a very long standing course.

I travel tons and have lived in multiple spots during Mike’s tenure and it’s not just Steeler fans, just go to a bar on any given Sunday in ANY state and strike up some convos

While outside of Steeler fans he does get much less scrutiny he doesn’t have this universal love everywhere but PIT, simply not true

There are other fans than realize the lack of success associated with Mike as of late as well and when Rats fans say they hope we keep him I find that very telling

The talking heads generally love him but amongst non Steeler fans I’d say close to 75/25 but far from universal…when you ask the inner division fans it gets much closer to how we view him in as Steeler fans

Can’t tell ya how many times at a bar Rats, Clowns and Bungle fans give us Steeler fans **** over Tomlin’s futility

So it is definitely recognized by others outside of us

I travel tons and have lived in multiple spots during Mike’s tenure and it’s not just Steeler fans, just go to a bar on any given Sunday in ANY state and strike up some convos

While outside of Steeler fans he does get much less scrutiny he doesn’t have this universal love everywhere but PIT, simply not true

There are other fans than realize the lack of success associated with Mike as of late as well and when Rats fans say they hope we keep him I find that very telling

The talking heads generally love him but amongst non Steeler fans I’d say close to 75/25 but far from universal…when you ask the inner division fans it gets much closer to how we view him in as Steeler fans

Can’t tell ya how many times at a bar Rats, Clowns and Bungle fans give us Steeler fans **** over Tomlin’s futility

And if the talking heads act like he is all this and a bag of chips and you only minorly look at the team from the outside... what would the perception be. If someone is offering a bag of draft picks for Mike Tomlin and he was prepared to go there, you would literally have to be the village idiot not to take that.

no way in hell a browns fan talks **** about head coaching

and it is not like the other two teams are any better either

so your story is hard to believe

All I'm asking Stryker is this. If the Steelers stay on the same course they have been on for the last 5 years? how many more are you prepared to wait to want them to pull the plug here?
I speak with a lot of fan bases, podcasters for other fan bases and live in Ravens territory. They all love Tomlin. Rich Eisen works in the industry and is around far more opposing non steelers pundits and fans than I, and he'll go to bat calling Steeler fans dumb for wanting to replace Tomlin.

I stated on my show, that Tomlin has a 4 year window that started this year by drafting Pickett. I expect playoffs next year and SB push the 3rd/4th year. If he starts losing instead of going deep in the playoffs, I would expect a change.

His future success is linked to KP's rookie contract.

no way in hell a browns fan talks **** about head coaching

and it is not like the other two teams are any better either

so your story is hard to believe
yeah Stains are quite intelligent and don't talk ****, lmao...they talk **** about literally everything

never made any contentions of those teams being better, what's that got to do with anything" (rhetorical question)

wasn't looking for your buy in, worked for years as a bartender at a sports pub so yeah I've heard it all bub and if i should ever need your affirmation I'll ask Thanks though

I speak with a lot of fan bases, podcasters for other fan bases and live in Ravens territory. They all love Tomlin. Rich Eisen works in the industry and is around far more opposing non steelers pundits and fans than I, and he'll go to bat calling Steeler fans dumb for wanting to replace Tomlin.

I stated on my show, that Tomlin has a 4 year window that started this year by drafting Pickett. I expect playoffs next year and SB push the 3rd/4th year. If he starts losing instead of going deep in the playoffs, I would expect a change.

His future success is linked to KP's rookie contract.
As do I (speak with tons of people from all sorts of fan bases) and statements like "they all love Tomlin" are just false, no ifs and or buts about it

you can't even get 10 Steeler fans to agree on a point of view, but yet the entire rest off the football world is united on this topic about Tomlin,,,a world that has literally never agreed on anything...it's just absurd to say something like everyone loves Tomlin outside of Pittsburgh. Never in the history of the football world has such an agreement happened...until Tomlin...lmao you guys are in rare form today but that **** is just comical

C'mon, even you can't believe this load of crap you're spewing

Is it a majority, yes (as i stated)..but that's about it...this unified love simply does not exist

As do I (speak with tons of people from all sorts of fan bases) and statements like "they all love Tomlin" are just false, no ifs and or buts about it

you can't even get 10 Steeler fans to agree on a point of view, but yet the entire rest off the football world is united on this topic about Tomlin,,,a world that has literally never agreed on anything...it's just absurd to say something like everyone loves Tomlin outside of Pittsburgh. Never in the history of the football world has such an agreement happened...until Tomlin...lmao you guys are in rare form today but that **** is just comical

Is it a majority, yes (as i stated)..but that's about it...this unified love simply does not exist
oh hell coach III

everyone knows when he says they all love Tomlin, he is speaking of the ones he has had contact with. he never stated the entire football world outside of Steeler Nation loved Tomlin.

a few here are spewing crap...but stryker is not one of them

Just my experience.

And Rich's...

It could be that everyone minus the trolls story is true. I would expect a mixture. As we have two constant scenerios going on.

So tell me what do you think is the going price for two one and done playoff appearances in the last 5 years one of them being a mathematical miracle. And again how long are you.prepared to stay on a very long standing course.
Probably a 1st rounder. But I'm not a GM....obviously.

Through KP8's rookie contract...

Coach Tomlin makes an easy LOVE / HATE relationship. He has a way of coaching that shows two perspectives and can be love / hate.

As I've said before, coach tomlin is a good coach in today's NFL. He does win season games and makes heroic coaching displays driven by both ups and downs. He had a tremendous back 1/2 of season but was also responsible for front 1/2 as well.

This season is a great example of the love / hate relationship fans can have.

STEELERS fans are more critical because they are way closer to the team and antics. Because a fan may speak badly of the coaching doesn't necessarily mean he hates the coach, but more so shows they are a well adversed fan who see the good and the bad. Tomlin has both, good & bad.

Salute the nation

Coach Tomlin makes an easy LOVE / HATE relationship. He has a way of coaching that shows two perspectives and can be love / hate.

As I've said before, coach tomlin is a good coach in today's NFL. He does win season games and makes heroic coaching displays driven by both ups and downs. He had a tremendous back 1/2 of season but was also responsible for front 1/2 as well.

This season is a great example of the love / hate relationship fans can have.

STEELERS fans are more critical because they are way closer to the team and antics. Because a fan may speak badly of the coaching doesn't necessarily mean he hates the coach, but more so shows they are a well adversed fan who see the good and the bad. Tomlin has both, good & bad.

Salute the nation
I just would like to see just a little less of the bad. I have lowered my expectations. Just be competitive ****.