• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gerry Dulac is reporting Pickett to the Eagles

Barring Injury its going to be wilson regardless of what makes sense... Wilsons two big flaws of late... not utilizing the middle of the field and mostly throwing behind the LOS, are like Catnip for a tomlin Offense
If it ends up being what we've been subjected to the last 2 years then no bueno, not gonna work and fans are gonna call for Shades' head.

Pickett gone for "underperforming" when I'd argue he was doing what was asked of him. Real problem will sign an extension.
You could very well be correct, but I doubt Kenny was told "stare at your primary receiver the entire time and never look at other targets." Or, "run out of the pocket before there is any actual pressure just because you falsely believe there will be some." Or, "try to throw the ball inaccurately and miss the open receiver by a mile." I don't think he was instructed to do those things. Or, "make sure you don't see wide open targets when you drop back."

But if the offense is being held back from "Capt. pee-your-pants," it's gonna come out in the wash. Although I am sure Shades will try to throw Smith under the bus when the time comes.

You could very well be correct, but I doubt Kenny was told "stare at your primary receiver the entire time and never look at other targets." Or, "run out of the pocket before there is any actual pressure just because you falsely believe there will be some." Or, "try to throw the ball inaccurately and miss the open receiver by a mile." I don't think he was instructed to do those things. Or, "make sure you don't see wide open targets when you drop back."

But if the offense is being held back from "Capt. pee-your-pants," it's gonna come out in the wash. Although I am sure Shades will try to throw Smith under the bus when the time comes.
Kenny will play out in the long run one way or the other. Meanwhile the Steelers will continue fools gold.

Eagles just signed Will Grier. So it’s Grier, McKee and Kenny. I give KP a 20% chance of making the roster.

Eagles just signed Will Grier. So it’s Grier, McKee and Kenny. I give KP a 20% chance of making the roster.
If they cut him we can bring him back for the league minimum. Omar working magic!!! LOL

Know...that ship has sailed I am sure.

He isn’t coming back here, front office / coaching has washed their hands of him. He was clear on the sanitizer too.

Salute the nation

Say what you want about Madden, but this is for the most part spot on....

Kenny Pickett failed. That’s his story.

He got lied to by Mike Tomlin, but that’s not an exclusive club. Pickett was well-served by a previous Tomlin fib, one that fleeced Mitch Trubisky.

In 2022, Tomlin told Trubisky he’d be the starting quarterback at least through Week 9, the Pittsburgh Steelers’ bye that season. Pickett was inserted at halftime of Week 4.

It was never going to be a competition between Pickett and Russell Wilson. Anybody believing that for one second is a fool. Pickett didn’t, especially when Tomlin told him Wilson would be getting the initial reps with the first team.......................

So you're saying people can't change? Well then you're still a head measuring ********.
The only way Pickett would sign with the Steelers is if no one else offered him anything. I doubt the Steelers will offer him a contract especially if their view is that he quit on his team. All speculation of course on my part of course.

Say what you want about Madden, but this is for the most part spot on....

Kenny Pickett failed. That’s his story.

He got lied to by Mike Tomlin, but that’s not an exclusive club. Pickett was well-served by a previous Tomlin fib, one that fleeced Mitch Trubisky.

In 2022, Tomlin told Trubisky he’d be the starting quarterback at least through Week 9, the Pittsburgh Steelers’ bye that season. Pickett was inserted at halftime of Week 4.

It was never going to be a competition between Pickett and Russell Wilson. Anybody believing that for one second is a fool. Pickett didn’t, especially when Tomlin told him Wilson would be getting the initial reps with the first team.......................
Madden also noted that Kenny got lied to by Tomlin, AND that that was nowhere near an exclusive club to be part of. Shades often lies to players and is never taken to task; he feels he is above ever being questioned about his lying to players, but he does often.

Madden also noted that Kenny got lied to by Tomlin, AND that that was nowhere near an exclusive club to be part of. Shades often lies to players and is never taken to task; he feels he is above ever being questioned about his lying to players, but he does often.
I agree. A few here say that is a common practice by HC's and FO's though. I think they are speculating though. They didn't bring any facts to prove it.

The only way Pickett would sign with the Steelers is if no one else offered him anything. I doubt the Steelers will offer him a contract especially if their view is that he quit on his team. All speculation of course on my part of course.
I said-a hip, hop, the hippie, the hippie
To the hip hip hop-a you don't stop the rock
It to the bang-bang boogie, say up jump the boogie

I agree. A few here say that is a common practice by HC's and FO's though. I think they are speculating though. They didn't bring any facts to prove it.
Every single year Tomlin is busted in a new lie he made to a player and every year he is not asked about it. Such is life in the "protected Pgh zone." Total BS.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with Pickett that couldn't be fixed with better coaching.

James Harrison says Hi.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with Pickett that couldn't be fixed with better coaching.

MOST here know “better coaching” is a fallacy.

We still got shades, but now he’s under a little more “HOT SEAT” pressure so that coaching thing may change.

James Harrison says Hi.

I wished we still had a prime James Harrison and I’ll soon be saying that about TJ WATT.

Salute the nation

Pickett gone for "underperforming" when I'd argue he was doing what was asked of him. Real problem will sign an extension.
The coaching staff asked him to not throw TD passes? To only score 16 PPG? To run himself into pressure and lock in on receivers while missing wide open options?

MOST here know “better coaching” is a fallacy.

We still got shades, but now he’s under a little more “HOT SEAT” pressure so that coaching thing may change.

I wished we still had a prime James Harrison and I’ll soon be saying that about TJ WATT.

Salute the nation
It was nice Aaron Donald stepped up and stated that Watt probably should have won a couple more DPOY awards than the one he has won. That might have meant more to Watt than winning the award itself. I wonder what Parsons would say about that though?