• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gerry Dulac is reporting Pickett to the Eagles

Mason is a GOD Ferring man and humble about life in general. Never makes a down-graded comment and seems to find the positive in everything. A person I'd be glad to call friend.

Mason would chip in for gas money to go cruising in the LS10, Lunar on the other hand would NOT.

HellA, Lunar ran the BT50 outtA gas and I had to fly 78 miles in the LS10 to bring him Petro---------- that's when I met the White Castle girls.!

Even though Lunar is a tight-***-ed cheap ****-er, he does make you wonder and laugh------- probably someone's friend material as well.

Salute the nation

So I read an article stating the Steelers were already planning on resigning Fields after the season. Not necessarily picking up his 5th-year option but signing him long-term. If that is truly the case my question then is why wouldn't you just start him now? See what you got with him. Put Wilson as a back-up.
What I heard was they are thinking they get what is basically one free year of Wilson while Fields sits and learns with Wilson mentoring him. The problem with that is Wilson thinks he has 5+ years left in the tank. So, why would he help Fields take the job he wants long term?

To answer the question why Wilson won't be the back up...that is because the Steelers were the only team that promised him he would start. The Giants told him he would have to compete against whomever they bring in.

There is always a competition, the NFL is about winning. If Pickett outperformed Wilson in OTA, TC, and the Pre-Season, do you really think a coach is not going to play the person that gives them the best chance of winning? Why was Pickett not re-instated as the starter when he was healthy at the end of last year...because Rudolph gave them the best chance of winning games at that point. I guarantee that no NFL player is ever "guaranteed" anything. Hypothetical here, if Mahomes gets ****** tomorrow and demands a trade, offers to waive any money he is due, and is willing to sign with the Steelers for 2 mil., do you still think Wilson of Fields is the starting QB? Regardless of any guarantees. **** happens, players become available, either rise to the occasion, or take your ball and go home. Tomlin told the world that there would be competition for Kenny...apparently Kenny was only cool with that if he knew he liked who the competition was.
Franchise QBs are not just any player, and rarely just pop up on the FA market. To nab Wilson they knew that had to give him what the Giants wouldn't: a guarantee that he would start.

That's what "Steeler sources" are saying anyway.

What I heard was they are thinking they get what is basically one free year of Wilson while Fields sits and learns with Wilson mentoring him. The problem with that is Wilson thinks he has 5+ years left in the tank. So, why would he help Fields take the job he wants long term?

To answer the question why Wilson won't be the back up...that is because the Steelers were the only team that promised him he would start. The Giants told him he would have to compete against whomever they bring in.

Wilson will start, but clearly if Fields is OUT-PLAYING him, Fields will start and if Russ becomes a malcontent......... they cut him. His cintract is peanuts so there is no long term marriage in that regards.

It's a pretty win win situation in either direction these two QBs steer us in. Neither can dictate other than through their respective play.

Salute the nation

I think the Giants actually said Daniel Jones was in the lead position and Wilson needed to beat him out. The Steelers were willing to give Wilson the lead position and said Kennt had to beat him out. I would assume Fields has the same uphill battle but if Wilson isn't getting it done in the first month I hope the Steelers would make a change much quicker than they did last year. If the Steelers would have bench Pickett and Mitch for Mason in November we would have had a much bette record.

Wilson will start, but clearly if Fields is OUT-PLAYING him, Fields will start and if Russ becomes a malcontent......... they cut him. His cintract is peanuts so there is no long term marriage in that regards.

It's a pretty win win situation in either direction these two QBs steer us in. Neither can dictate other than through their respective play.

Salute the nation
Great points, but it's tricky because Wilson is a proven commodity...if you decide to ride with Fields yeah he could turn into Lamar 2.0 or the opposite of that an even worse version of Kordell Stewart. Known commodity vs. Unknown.

I hear the talking heads predicting packages with both Wilson and Fields on the field at the same time. I just don't think Fields is going to go for that.

Last edited:

I can agree with that. Goes to my point that there was never going to be an open competition that half this board keeps saying there was going to be. Laughable actually.

I can agree with that. Goes to my point that there was never going to be an open competition that half this board keeps saying there was going to be. Laughable actually.

I felt that was always coach speak, to keep the baby hands satisfied until they got far enough to know Wilson was coming here. There was also enough time lapse that Fields became available due to no one wanting to pay what the Bears wanted (It bak-fired as Fields decided he wanted out and was going to be a malcontent at that point).

Salute the nation

I felt that was always coach speak, to keep the baby hands satisfied until they got far enough to know Wilson was coming here. There was also enough time lapse that Fields became available due to no one wanting to pay what the Bears wanted (It bak-fired as Fields decided he wanted out and was going to be a malcontent at that point).

Salute the nation
They were coach speaking that long before Wilson was even an inkling in there head.

So was vengeful Pickett the hacker of the site?

Couldn't be possible, his fingers couldn't type on the regular sized key board.

Salute the nation

Russ may be a lot of things: conceited, privileged (see his own personal office in Denver as opposed to a locker in the locker room), pampered (married to a diva star, a literal diva star). But one thing Russ is not is spoiled and a brat, which Kenny certainly is at this point. Russ was a 2nd-round draft pick when he came into the league and beat out a well-paid #1 QB (Matt Flynn) who he wasn't supposed to, but he did.

Russ wasn't afraid to earn the starter's spot. And he came in and did so. Kenny thought he was special. He thought he just deserved the starter role....why again? He broke the all-time record for over 500 attempts with the lowest TD % in the history of the league. Think about that stat. I mean, come up with the notable excuses - and there are certainly legit ones - but we are talking about THE worst TD % in the history of the league, at least among those with 500 attempts. Regardless of the excuses (worst OC in the NFL, worst head coach in NFL with offense, most-scared HC of turnovers perhaps in NFL history, etc.) Kenny's "production is pure dog sh--.

And guess what? Even though the Kenny apologists doubted the stories about him throwing a tantrum when he was asked to dress as the "emergency QB" and the stories about Kenny blowing off a planned practice when news of the Russ signing came out, all those tantrum stories ended up being 100% true. At least Russ had DONE something before he caught a 'tude when he went to Denver, namely take Seattle to two SBs and win one. Oh, that's just a little bit more than setting a record for the worst TD% among other horrid stats.

Even in Kenny's address to the team when leaving screamed "spoiled, privileged brat." He refused to even mention the name of the team. What a crybaby, horses @ss. For all you Kenny apologists: You were wrong. And the guy stinks on top of it all. He just stinks.

All I can say is Kenny Pickett is gone, moving on.

Time to see what this ****-show coaching staff can get us into the up-coming season. !!!!

GO STEELERS, loud and strong.

Salute the nation

Ok you don't have to be a tin foil hat conspiracy theorist to figure this one out. When they traded for Justin Fields Tomlin personally called peacock Wilson and told him he was the starter. Most of you believe Fields is better than Pickett. So there is no bloody way they signed Wilson for a QB competition. That was a lie. Kenny said you are a bunch of ******* liars. I want out.
Bye Bye??? Over am assumption/assumptions? Wow.

The Pittsburgh Steelers wrecked Kenny Pickett. They threw him in too early. They had a ******** OC. The line fluxed the entire time he was there. Then they lied to him after the season. I'm a Steelers fan. I cheer for whoever wears the colors. But I'm no Tomlin nut hugger. If I was him I'd tell them to go **** themselves too.
Threw him in too early???

Bullshit. Mitch was spiraling and playing worse than a junior high school QB.

If he wasn't ready to play - why was he on the roster??? Reach or not - he was a first round draft pick, who could not process or read defenses quick enough.

Stop with the lie comments, bro. Kenny is, Kenny was a less than mediocre QB with the team. He needs to grow up a lot...

So some of y'all were bitching that he didn't post a good bye, now he posts one and you're still bitching at him. It's clear no matter what Kenny had done he wasn't ever going to win with some of y'all, damned if he does damned if he doesn't. I can tell you from experience, the toxic one in the relationship is the one still screaming and insulting the person walking out the door and packing their car to leave. Fans and local media got what they wanted, he's gone, he's left, he's out the door and driving off, and y'all are still hurling insults and **** at him. And he's the salty one.......holy **** these last 2 years have been very revealing of Steelers fans, can't wait until we turn on our new shiny toys at QB. Pathetic
The same argument could be made for Coach Tomlin...

Because he has multiple multiple passing TD games.

Kenny does not.
You are speculating on this. You were not in the room when they decided to trade for Fields.

You are speculating on this. You were not in the room when they decided to trade for Fields.
Who do you believe us the better prospect? Kenny or Justin.

Because he has multiple multiple passing TD games.

Kenny does not.

He's got a lot of turnovers. A LOT. Going on year 4 here. He's not a novice. Hey,I'm pulling for both of them to do phenomenally well.

I'm just not going to get all giddy about it just yet. I'm a show me kinda guy.

I'm mostly counting on Wilson to be thee guy,but Fields certainly does have a high level athletic dynamic that should absolutely be utilized in the offense somehow.