• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gerry Dulac is reporting Pickett to the Eagles

Threw him in too early???

Bullshit. Mitch was spiraling and playing worse than a junior high school QB.

If he wasn't ready to play - why was he on the roster??? Reach or not - he was a first round draft pick, who could not process or read defenses quick enough.

Stop with the lie comments, bro. Kenny is, Kenny was a less than mediocre QB with the team. He needs to grow up a lot...
I can name probably 25 top prospects including Justin Fields that were thrown in too early and it had adverse effect. So why is Justin Fields a good prospect and Kenny Pickett is not. Because he passes an eye test. How many times has anyone here actually watched him play?

Who do you believe us the better prospect? Kenny or Justin.
Meh....we drafted Pickett so I would have liked to see him in a real offense with a chance to actually run it instead of being the guy not trying to make a mistake because that was what you were told to do because of the defense you have. I personally haven't watch many if any games on Fields. I don't like the fact he is in year 4 of his rookie contract. I would feel better on Fields if he was the starter and we could see what we have with him.

Yeah, I was hoping for a lot more from the guy myself. Liked the pick at the time, but I was wrong about Kenny. And I have to say, I'm really encouraged to see that they've decided to move on with alacrity from a high draft pick failure -- I can't remember that happening under Colbert.
Colbert and Tomlin got too involved with their own egos to admit failure and move on, and it costed the team dearly.

Meh....we drafted Pickett so I would have liked to see him in a real offense with a chance to actually run it instead of being the guy not trying to make a mistake because that was what you were told to do because of the defense you have. I personally haven't watch many if any games on Fields. I don't like the fact he is in year 4 of his rookie contract. I would feel better on Fields if he was the starter and we could see what we have with him.
Same could be said about Fields though. Drafted by Ryan Pace to Nagy with Bill Lazor as OC then next year have a new GM, HC and OC. No one on that team was married to Fields. They also are trying to make him a pocket passer when he is more of your one read and run QB. Now I wouldn't say Fields is light years better but he is currently a slightly better NFL QB. And being one year younger and by far have the more physical upside. I guess I would say Kenny was more accurate in the short to intermediate and safer with the ball. Fields was better at getting touchdowns and throwing it down field.

Same could be said about Fields though. Drafted by Ryan Pace to Nagy with Bill Lazor as OC then next year have a new GM, HC and OC. No one on that team was married to Fields. They also are trying to make him a pocket passer when he is more of your one read and run QB. Now I wouldn't say Fields is light years better but he is currently a slightly better NFL QB. And being one year younger and by far have the more physical upside. I guess I would say Kenny was more accurate in the short to intermediate and safer with the ball. Fields was better at getting touchdowns and throwing it down field.
At this point I would love for us to go with Fields as the starter. At least a truly open competition. If we wants Fields long term we have to see what he can or can not do before we hand him more $$$$. I would think anyways.

At this point I would love for us to go with Fields as the starter. At least a truly open competition. If we wants Fields long term we have to see what he can or can not do before we hand him more $$$$. I would think anyways.
I would love a true open competition. And I think it would be foolish even if Wilson wins out to not have plays designed with both Wilson and Fields on the field at the same time. Kind of how we used Kordell Stewart. Fields might never be a starting NFL QB but he could have a long career in that "slash" mode that Kordell was so effective in.

I can name probably 25 top prospects including Justin Fields that were thrown in too early and it had adverse effect. So why is Justin Fields a good prospect and Kenny Pickett is not. Because he passes an eye test. How many times has anyone here actually watched him play?
I wasn't talking about Justin.

Justin Fields 40 td, 30 ints. Win/loss 11-29. Sacked 135 times. Fumbles lost only 2.

Rushing 356/2220 yards 6.2 average with 14 Td.

The 2023 season he had only 2 games he threw for more than 1 td per game. Those came in back to back weeks 4 td each week for a total of 8, with only 1int.

All other seasons he had 6 games he threw at least 2 td.

He's had a total of 12 games he threw for 0 td's.

From what I've seen just from last year's statistics. He's definitely progressed. Those back to back weeks of throwing 8td vs only 1 pick sticks out.

I feel a tad more optimistic about his future with the team. If they sign Wilson long term, I don't know how you keep Fields.

Justin Fields 40 td, 30 ints. Win/loss 11-29. Sacked 135 times. Fumbles lost only 2.

Rushing 356/2220 yards 6.2 average with 14 Td.

The 2023 season he had only 2 games he threw for more than 1 td per game. Those came in back to back weeks 4 td each week for a total of 8, with only 1int.

All other seasons he had 6 games he threw at least 2 td.

He's had a total of 12 games he threw for 0 td's.

From what I've seen just from last year's statistics. He's definitely progressed. Those back to back weeks of throwing 8td vs only 1 pick sticks out.

I feel a tad more optimistic about his future with the team. If they sign Wilson long term, I don't know how you keep Fields.
Where the heck did you read he had only lost 2 fumbles. Seriously. He has fumbled 38 times in his short,never played a full season career. C’mon now.

YearAgeTmPosNo.GGSAttYdsTD1DSucc%LngY/AY/GA/GTgtRecYdsY/RTD1DSucc%LngR/GY/GCtch%Y/TgtTouchY/TchYScmRRTDFmb
202122CHIQB112107242022248.6235.835.06.00725.8420212
202223CHIQB11515160114386556.3677.176.210.701607.11143816
202324CHIQB1131312465744352.4395.350.59.501245.3657410
Career403835622201413053.4676.255.58.903566.222201438

Fact Fields is 11-29 and clearly the Bears felt he was a big part of that. Pickett is 14-11
Kenny Pickett, never a losing season. Greatest quarterback ever.

Stop. Fact - Justin Fields has had multiple TD passing game. Fact - Kenny has not.
Sure but you stated that was the reason we traded for him. You don't know that. Pickett wasn't even on our team at the time we traded dor Fields. You are simply speculating.

Where the heck did you read he had only lost 2 fumbles. Seriously. He has fumbled 38 times in his short,never played a full season career. C’mon now.

YearAgeTmPosNo.GGSAttYdsTD1DSucc%LngY/AY/GA/GTgtRecYdsY/RTD1DSucc%LngR/GY/GCtch%Y/TgtTouchY/TchYScmRRTDFmb
202122CHIQB112107242022248.6235.835.06.00725.8420212
202223CHIQB11515160114386556.3677.176.210.701607.11143816
202324CHIQB1131312465744352.4395.350.59.501245.3657410
Career403835622201413053.4676.255.58.903566.222201438

Maybe ESPN had it wrong.. Just digging. Perhaps I read it wrong.
I'm attempting to be positive until it's time to not be positive.

Maybe ESPN had it wrong.. Just digging. Perhaps I read it wrong.
I'm attempting to be positive until it's time to not be positive.

Nothing wrong with staying positive 👍

One of the things that concerns me most about Fields is his fumbles. Big time. Also when you watch tape and listen to people that have watched him a lot of the sacks were on him. The same goes for Russ Wilson. Who I have seen a lot of. He creates many of his own sacks. Let’s hope they both get their **** together In this regard.

just found it ….38 career fumbles 11 lost.

so in 40 total games…..30 interceptions. 38 fumbles.

I can feel the stress already 😥
Let’s hope he cleans this part of his game up. I’ve watched a lot of football in my life. The one thing you can never deny is Turnovers = losses.
He‘s still young,a change of scenery could help him.

Last edited:
Pickett could've been better if they hired a real OC rather than Canada, however, maybe he is Daniel Jones and the Steelers end up signing him for too much and for too long. They may have dodged a long-term bullet with Pickett's historically low touchdown %. As a Pitt and Pickett fan, I wanted him to be the guy and I was excited when we drafted him. We got two years of some of the worst offensive football I've ever watched from this team. I really don't know what to expect from either Wilson or Fields, I just do believe they'll put more points on the board, and I give Khan credit for adding players at a minimal cost.
Between the OC, QB coach (or whoever was closest to serving as one) and the head coach, why didn't ANY of them try to teach Kenny how to NOT lock onto the primary target each play? How could they NOT address his horrid habit of locking onto to his primary target immediately, and for the entire play? How could they NOT know this made for crap QB play? He was so bad at it that he even did it on our screen plays, making them unproductive. Horrible.

We have a bunch of Pickett haters doing a bunch of speculating. I do thank you for diving into the Fields angle and trying to show stats.

At this point where we are I would go all in with Fields.

Nothing wrong with staying positive 👍

One of the things that concerns me most about Fields is his fumbles. Big time. Also when you watch tape and listen to people that have watched him a lot of the sacks were on him. The same goes for Russ Wilson. Who I have seen a lot of. He creates many of his own sacks. Let’s hope they both get their **** together In this regard.

just found it ….38 career fumbles 11 lost.

so in 40 total games…..30 interceptions. 38 fumbles.

I can feel the stress already 😥
Let’s hope he cleans this part of his game up. I’ve watched a lot of football in my life. The one thing you can never deny is Turnovers = losses.
He‘s still young,a change of scenery could help him.
I did not want either guy, but they're here. We have two guys who have never played a down for the Steelers and it's a new offense.

What could possibly go wrong? Considering how unpolished the team looks a lot of times, it could get ugly. It could go great. We will know after the draft I'd they're still committed to the trenches.

Everything gets better when your lines are good.

40 starts. Only 11 wins. Don't worry, Tomlin the qb whisperer can fix that.

And at the same time, if Fields stats represent what he truly is - a QB who is athletic, but not necessarily able to play QB - then I would hope they find out instead of wasting another year not knowing. If his turnover-TD rate remains as his career has so far then time to draft a QB in the 1st next year. The only way we will find out is with live game pay.

And at the same time, if Fields stats represent what he truly is - a QB who is athletic, but not necessarily able to play QB - then I would hope they find out instead of wasting another year not knowing. If his turnover-TD rate remains as his career has so far then time to draft a QB in the 1st next year. The only way we will find out is with live game pay.
Barring Injury its going to be wilson regardless of what makes sense... Wilsons two big flaws of late... not utilizing the middle of the field and mostly throwing behind the LOS, are like Catnip for a tomlin Offense