• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gerry Dulac is reporting Pickett to the Eagles

That’s because you are cognitive delayed and don’t know what impervious means. Otherwise, you wouldn’t have proved my point.

Mason isn’t here because he has an opportunity to compete in Tennessee. Hopefully a better opportunity than he received in Pittsburgh. I wish him well.

Kenny isn’t here because he’s a whiny ***** with baby hands and after throwing a temper tantrum over Mason starting he threw another one when the Steelers signed Wilson. Good riddance.
You got alot of "Does not play well with others" on your grade school report cards didn't you.

That’s because you are cognitive delayed and don’t know what impervious means. Otherwise, you wouldn’t have proved my point.

Mason isn’t here because he has an opportunity to compete in Tennessee. Hopefully a better opportunity than he received in Pittsburgh. I wish him well.

Kenny isn’t here because he’s a whiny ***** with baby hands and after throwing a temper tantrum over Mason starting he threw another one when the Steelers signed Wilson. Good riddance.
Still a lot of anger ... I guess it's just impossible for you to respond in a civil manner. Oh well.

No. Wilson could’ve easily commanded a lot more than he signed for.
The point is Wilson was never going to sign with anyone for more than the vet minimum unless someone was going to pay him more than 39 million for this year. Denver is on the hook for all that money. Anything made by playing for another team is deducted from the 39 million. He was always going to sign for the vet minimum regardless of how much more he could have made. Now the Steelers are paying $1.21 million for a one year rental and Denver subtracts the $1.21 million from the $39 and now owes him around $37 plus.

They will sign a vet back up. My money is on Tannehill, and I'll go as far to say he will have a chance to beat out Wilson in camp.

Not a chance. Zero. Wilson is the starter. The question is, "Who is the backup and who is the 3rd QB?"

One will be a draft pick and the other will be a vet pick-up at some point. Calm down, people. Damn, training camp is more than 4 months away.

Considering that Diontae and Pickens openly campaigned for Rudolph and Cam, Minkah and TJ all called Wilson to recruit him on his way to Pittsburgh, it's very possible that KP8 lost standing in the locker room and within the org as a whole. In that case, they might have felt like they didn't lose anything by NOT having him around to compete.
He is what he is. I think most wanted to see him try to develop under a new OC, but from what I saw he missed too many open receivers. Canada or no Canada he was sub standard at this point. Hopefully for his sake he becomes good enough to be a long term backup.

Kenny may never see any meaningful playing time again. It's not like Hurts is old, or washed up.
Clipboard Kenny might have a long career.

I knew the Wison sigining was too easy. Wilson 100% told them he'd only come here if he was guaranteed to be the starter and they moved on from Pickett in the blink of an eye after Wison leverlaged that. What a joke this organization has become.

Kenny may never see any meaningful playing time again. It's not like Hurts is old, or washed up.
Clipboard Kenny might have a long career.

He was pretty banged up towards the end of the year, a big reason why Philly fell off so hard.

Mason's going to compete with Willis to backup Levis.
nothing more.

I knew the Wison sigining was too easy. Wilson 100% told them he'd only come here if he was guaratted to be the starter and they moved on from Pickett in the blink of an eye after Wison leverlaged that. What a joke this organization has become.

So you're just going to ignore all the talk from local and national reporters saying that KP did not want a real competition?

I knew the Wison sigining was too easy. Wilson 100% told them he'd only come here if he was guaranteed to be the starter and they moved on from Pickett in the blink of an eye after Wison leverlaged that. What a joke this organization has become.
Wilson came on board and Kenny pitched a fit. They moved on from Kenny because he was acting like a child.

Go see twitter. So has Schefter.
Still hard for me to believe. I thought they would have left him as 2. Oh well. They obviously are going to draft QB and count on Russ giving them 2 to 4 years maybe.
giphy.gif

I seriously doubt that Russ even remotely considered KP as a threat to be a starter.

If Penix is there at 20, maybe. No way do you trade up for him. I'd still look at Ridder in the 2nd or 3rd or FSU QB who was going to be a 1st round pick until his injury this year. Then, possibly the Tennessee QB. He has a cannon for an arm. I know he has issues with touch but Lamar was a runner with a good arm. He has significantly improved his touch and accuracy since being in the league.
Joe Milton wouldn't be a bad pick at all at # 98 after we take an RT and a WR. Praying we get a good center in Free agency.

I suspect anything from the team this off-season so far about wanting to retain Rudolph was all smoke. They don't let a QB with six years in the system walk for 2.6 mil to be a backup somewhere else if they know they plan to trade their only other backup QB option ASAP. Either they had no intention of bringing Rudolph back, or he was choosing to not come back regardless of what may have been offered.

wondering if Dobbs will come home. again.

There's absolutely NO WAY Wilson said "Yeah, I'll come and compete" without getting a wink and a nod. No chance.

Not only has Russel stated this, but so have all the reports.

The only thing that he was given preference was that he would run with the 1's during OTAs.

Man this really does not make sense. At the very least you have a cheap back up for 2 years
i have to agree. But we’re not privy to the lnside details. Something must have been said to disrupt the applecart. Maybe all that smoke last season about Kenny being upset with not playing after the injury was true after all. Then with the other players sticking up for Mason…..then Wilson…..where there’s smoke there’s fire.

The one thing i will say is someone has decided finally What they want as a team…..and want they don’t want. There is direction And a plan. Or so it seems. Kahn Has definitely put his stamp on the team. It’s not going to happen overnight.
And personally I would have thought they would get more from both the Kenny and the Diontae trade. But I have been advocating for some action and change….it’s happening. We certainly have big holes to fill now,but we are definitely getting our money’s worth on what is usually a very boring offseason for the Pittsburgh Steelers!

Mason's going to compete with Willis to backup Levis.
nothing more.
I guess we will see. What are your expectations of Pickett in Philadelphia? Is he going to compete with Hurts lol