• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I felt my CONservative friends here are in need of watching this

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score
Words from a prophet that actually existed:

“It matters not who you love, where you love, why you love, when you love or how you love, it matters only that you love”

― John Lennon

Enjoy.

I have seen it.

I keep saying that I believe in the God given right of every person to freely associate.

I don't give a **** who loves whom. Just don't change the definition of marriage.

Back before Christmas, or in the fall sometime, I can't quite remember, there was a situation in which a father was arrested for having sex with his daughter. The daughter actually defended the father by advancing he notion that there was love there, so no one should question it.

Maybe Jerry Sandusky should have used that as his defense. "Hey, I really just loved all those boys."

Before anyone gets all wound up and says something about "how can you associate homosexuality with that deviant behavior?,"remember, the principle advanced here was it is just about love. It is love, no one should question it. Well, if that is truly the case, do we need to accept any type of "love?"

Back before Christmas, or in the fall sometime, I can't quite remember, there was a situation in which a father was arrested for having sex with his daughter. The daughter actually defended the father by advancing he notion that there was love there, so no one should question it.

Maybe Jerry Sandusky should have used that as his defense. "Hey, I really just loved all those boys."

Before anyone gets all wound up and says something about "how can you associate homosexuality with that deviant behavior?,"remember, the principle advanced here was it is just about love. It is love, no one should question it. Well, if that is truly the case, do we need to accept any type of "love?"

You are conflating child rape with consentual sex between adults, bad analogy. Incest is illegal because of the birth defects offspring of such relationships suffer.

You are conflating child rape with consentual sex between adults, bad analogy. Incest is illegal because of the birth defects offspring of such relationships suffer.

Hold it. I understand what you arr saying, however, the principle advanced here and with the quote is that it is all about love. That is an important distinction. So, if it is all about love, should any "love" then be questioned?

I love a fire in my fireplace. It keeps me warm.

Lennon a prophet?? Now I've heard it all

I believe that taxes on gay people are too high.
I believe that Bomma's energy policies are bad for gay people.
I believe that Bomma's immigration policies are bad for gay people.
I believe that Bomma's agricultural and environmental policies result in higher food prices for gay people.
I believe that BommaCare is bad for gay people.
I believe that Bomma's attitude toward Muslim extremists is especially bad for gay people.

I believe that taxes on gay people are too high.
I believe that Bomma's energy policies are bad for gay people.
I believe that Bomma's immigration policies are bad for gay people.
I believe that Bomma's agricultural and environmental policies result in higher food prices for gay people.
I believe that BommaCare is bad for gay people.
I believe that Bomma's attitude toward Muslim extremists is especially bad for gay people.

I see what you did there.

Effective.

Hold it. I understand what you arr saying, however, the principle advanced here and with the quote is that it is all about love. That is an important distinction. So, if it is all about love, should any "love" then be questioned?

If you know anything about child sexual abuse or adults preying on children, you'll know that the tactic almost always used by the adult abuser is to convince the child that this is "a normal loving relationship" and that there is nothing wrong with it. So if the child believes abuser and says that it is ok, you feel it's on par with gay adults thinking they are in "love" too? I have some serious questions about that line of thinking to say the least.

If you know anything about child sexual abuse or adults preying on children, you'll know that the tactic almost always used by the adult abuser is to convince the child that this is "a normal loving relationship" and that there is nothing wrong with it. So if the child believes abuser and says that it is ok, you feel it's on par with gay adults thinking they are in "love" too? I have some serious questions about that line of thinking to say the least.

Again, this is the quote being used:

“It matters not who you love, where you love, why you love, when you love or how you love, it matters only that you love”

Read that quote. What distinctions are made? It is all about love. Words matter. According to that it doesn't matter who someone loves, where, why, when or how. I never said it was on par, I am just taking the quote literally. And, if the quote is not to be taken literally, than it shouldn't be used.

Make no mistake about it. In 50 years, it will be 'love" that will be used in a effort to make people who do not think something is right to defend behavior that today people think is deviant.

Like I said in an earlier post with the father and daughter engaged in a sexual relationship. We shouldn't question it because it is "love." Could we even envision a day in which that would be acceptable because of "love?" Well, that is ridiculous. Ask your grandparents if they could envision a day in which homosexuality would have been seen as "love." Or if they could have envisioned a day in which a TV show would show two boys kissing. They would have said, "That is ridiculous."

I am sorry. This will offend people, but I just don't care. I don't believe homosexuality is right. And not because of some religious objection. The parts don't match. I will treat everyone with respect, and more importantly have, but I have a right to that opinion as much as anyone who thinks it is fine does.

I am sorry. This will offend people, but I just don't care. I don't believe homosexuality is right. And not because of some religious objection. The parts don't match. I will treat everyone with respect, and more importantly have, but I have a right to that opinion as much as anyone who thinks it is fine does.

It is an absolute fact that some people are born with chemical anomalies and differences in the brain that can be isolated and studied in terms of extra testosterone or estrogen that can cause significant behavioral and sexual identify differences. As for my own personal observation and working experience there is not one single shred of doubt in my mind that there are major biological brain factors in play for the majority of gay people. They aren't acting gay to "be silly" or "have a good time" or "be interesting". And I'm not talking about girls kissing each other in public because their boyfriends think it's hot. I'm talking about exclusively gay people. I have seen many many high school kids that are utterly and completely miserable and confused from the feelings they have about their sexuality. Most of them will say they have had those feelings from a pretty young age that they were different.

It's one thing to sit off at a distance and say it's wrong and you don't believe in it and it's also very easy to dismiss. It's quite another to have a 15 year old look at you in misery with tears in their eyes and confess how many times they have come close to killing themselves because they don't understand and like what they are. That is not quite so easy to dismiss without giving it serious examination. Or to have a kid tell you that they hate themselves because they should have been born a girl instead of a boy and have felt that way since they were in Elementary school. It's not some cute little game that gay people are playing to be interesting.

Last edited:
Supersteeler, that may be true for some. But to claim that none are choosing to be gay because it's the "cool thing" is to be willfully ignorant.

Again, this is the quote being used:

Read that quote. What distinctions are made? It is all about love. Words matter. According to that it doesn't matter who someone loves, where, why, when or how. I never said it was on par, I am just taking the quote literally. And, if the quote is not to be taken literally, than it shouldn't be used.

At some point I think you have to draw a line though.

http://steelernation.com/showthread.php?3463-They-Don-t-Call-Them-Packers-Fans-For-Nothing

Supersteeler, that may be true for some. But to claim that none are choosing to be gay because it's the "cool thing" is to be willfully ignorant.

Tell me one place in normal daily life where you would think that acting like a homosexual MALE will make you look "cool". I can't even fathom anywhere that would be the case. People get Hollywood and celebrity mixed up with normal life. You could go to the most liberal cities on Earth and be an openly gay man and you will still get tons of hate and disgust thrown your way from regular people. I have to disagree on that one.

There is a difference between gay people and attention seeking people who will do anything for someone to notice them. If you've been around actual gay people before, it is incredibly easy to tell one from the other. I can't understand a possible benefit for a man to "act" gay when they aren't, because it's in no way looked at as something desirable or cool. What you mostly get is younger non gay women acting bisexual because they get A LOT of positive feedback from those around them when they do. Straight guys fooling around with each other in public because they get positive feedback is one of the most far fetched scenarios I can ever think of. They will certainly get feedback, but it won't be good.

Last edited:
I see it all the time. If somebody is gay, they're hailed as some kind of hero for it. If somebody's gay, fine, they're gay. But if you think that today's society doesn't put them on a pedestal, than I don't know what to say.

I see it all the time. If somebody is gay, they're hailed as some kind of hero for it. If somebody's gay, fine, they're gay. But if you think that today's society doesn't put them on a pedestal, than I don't know what to say.

Once again, you are getting mixed up with the perception of gays in Hollywood, the media, etc vs. real people. It in no way resembles what average gay people deal with in normal reality. It's not glitz and glamor like it is on the movie screen and at Hollywood premieres. For a whole lot of them it stinks....badly and takes years and years to become comfortable with the person they are. That is a hell of a charade to go through 20 years of therapy and 4 suicide attempts just to get attention.

For every flamboyant gay guy strutting his **** at a fashion show or the red carpet, there are 10,000 who are hiding every feeling and every thought they have from everyone close to them out of shame and fear.

Last edited: