• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

In an effort to add some veteran depth, what do you think about signing Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell to 1 year deals?

We are running an entirely different system now I believe. Otherwise, I would be on board to bring back the cancer that they are.
Yeah, I don’t remember Bell or Brown playing under Canada and his system. Both played under Arians and Haley and their systems, but neither played under Fichtner or Canada and theirs.
I’m gonna need a citation that shows they know our system.

It's funny that you messaged. I just thought about you while listening to the Keri Hilson song, 'Knock You Down'. If you want to get together for a beer later this week, I'll see if I can play it for you on the jukebox. Cool?
are you looking for a fist fight?

How Bob looks when he posts one of his "witty" threads (also when he's asking Slash out).

Bob, can you provide a citation that shows this isn't you?

PO2450211_cym_01-copy.jpg

Two positions where I think we would benefit the most by adding veteran depth would be the WR and RB position. Being as though both are available, know our system, and wouldn't break the bank, what would be your thoughts on bringing back Brown and Bell on 1 year deals? I'd love to see Leveon backing up Najee. And despite previous issues, I see very little risk bringing Brown back for a 1 year league minimum.

What do you think? Would you be willing to roll the dice on these two Steeler legends if it means instantly being more competitive?
We've already been through this. Nothing has changed.
Sorry I wasn't able to warn ya.

are you looking for a fist fight?
Fist fight? I was just asking old what’s his name if he wanted to hear a song that I really like.

Say, now that you’re here and seem to want to talk, let me know if you might be free to stop by the Urban Tap on Carson around 9pm tonight. One of my favorite movies of all time is on this evening. I’ll see if they might be able to put it on the tv for us. Are you familiar with the classic, ‘Kickboxer’? If you’re able to stop by tonight you will be.

I see here in the TV guide that it’s followed up by the 2001 comedy, ‘Out Cold’.

Is this a real post and question? **** NO! AND, **** NO!!!! Bringing either of them back is as dumb as it gets.

Fist fight? I was just asking old what’s his name if he wanted to hear a song that I really like.

Say, now that you’re here and seem to want to talk, let me know if you might be free to stop by the Urban Tap on Carson around 9pm tonight. One of my favorite movies of all time is on this evening. I’ll see if they might be able to put it on the tv for us. Are you familiar with the classic, ‘Kickboxer’? If you’re able to stop by tonight you will be.

I see here in the TV guide that it’s followed up by the 2001 comedy, ‘Out Cold’.
stop trying to get guys here to meet you

none of them want to have you choke on their dingus

stop being a **** or find yourself outside again douchebag?

the last team Bell suited up for went deep in the playoffs... after cutting his ***.
the last team Brown suited up for went deep in the playoffs... after cutting his ***.

wtf would any team now want either of those two?

umm yeah lets bring back two of the worst malcontents we have had in the last decade to teach the newer guys how to be malcontents. I mean come on the whole purpose of bringing "Vet Depth" is to have guys that can show the newer guys the ropes. You bring up two players who screwed this team over. One of which will go down as being one of the most self destructive players in NFL history. This goes down as a extremely ignorant idea.

I think what I'm seeing here is just a difference in perspective. Historically, I know the Steelers are a very conservative team, and it appears as though that is what the fanbase has grown accustomed to over the decades. Don't get rid of head coaches, promote from within, build from the draft, repeat, repeat, repeat.

We caught lighting in a bottle a few times over the past 40 years, so we stick with that. Ok.. That's all fine and good, I suppose. But me? I'm not afraid to make a few splash plays to win big NOW. Brown being Brown doesn't scare me from doing so. Is Leveon better than the backup that we have now? You say "yes" but can't guarantee that he won't get high during the season? Noted .. I'm still willing to roll with whatever gives us our best odds to win NOW.

Look at the last couple of teams to win a Super Bowl. You think those guys gave a **** that several of their star players may not be deserving of an award for Outstanding Citizenship? Hell no .. those ballers contributed to winning games which ultimately lead to their organization lifting a Lomardi. While that was happening, we were being sent home rather convincingly in the wild card round.

Think about it.

I think what I'm seeing here is just a difference in perspective. Historically, I know the Steelers are a very conservative team, and it appears as though that is what the fanbase has grown accustomed to over the decades. Don't get rid of head coaches, promote from within, build from the draft, repeat, repeat, repeat.

We caught lighting in a bottle a few times over the past 40 years, so we stick with that. Ok.. That's all fine and good, I suppose. But me? I'm not afraid to make a few splash plays to win big NOW. Brown being Brown doesn't scare me from doing so. Is Leveon better than the backup that we have now? You say "yes" but can't guarantee that he won't get high during the season? Noted .. I'm still willing to roll with whatever gives us our best odds to win NOW.

Look at the last couple of teams to win a Super Bowl. You think those guys gave a **** that several of their star players may not be deserving of an award for Outstanding Citizenship? Hell no .. those ballers contributed to winning games which ultimately lead to their organization lifting a Lomardi. While that was happening, we were being sent home rather convincingly in the wild card round.

Think about it.
Brown is cancer, Bell is cancer, the Steelers had the cancer cut out and now you think it's a great idea to have cancer again? It doesn't matter If Brown has a few more seasons in him, his headspace is so ****** up that it wouldn't surprise any of us if he went on a killing spree, but you want "Depth". GTF outta here. It's not about having differing opinions from you on this board that sets us apart, It's your complete lack common sense and football IQ.

Brown is/was utilized differently on the Steelers than he was on the Bucs. He was never the WR1 with the Bucs, so whatever point you are trying to make with those stats is null and void.

Wait, null AND void? ****, I guess that decides it. I mean, if my point were just null OR void, I might have a leg to stand on, but wow - null AND void. Too much to overcome.

But might I point out I responded to your actual comment, which was:

DICk,

Was Ben in TB to cover AB's "supposed" wrong route running? Given your allegation, how do you explain his success post Ben?

You claimed Brown had some sort of success after leaving the Steelers and Roethlisberger. I provided actual data showing that after he left the Steelers, Brown's production was literally 1/3 what it was during his time with Ben.

Reducing production by 67% is generally not deemed a "success," though of course a reduction of the number of your posts by 67% would be the exception.

Let me guess. You would've been a star QB except for the stupid coach.

napoleon-dynamite-uncle-rico.gif

Wait, null AND void? ****, I guess that decides it. I mean, if my point were just null OR void, I might have a leg to stand on, but wow - null AND void. Too much to overcome.

You claimed Brown had some sort of success after leaving the Steelers and Roethlisberger. I provided actual data showing that after he left the Steelers, Brown's production was literally 1/3 what it was during his time with Ben.

Reducing production by 67% is generally not deemed a "success," though of course a reduction of the number of your posts by 67% would be the exception.

So even with the use of a Citation, Backdoor Butternut BoB still doesn't get it.!

Salute the nation

Steeltime -

I noticed that you conveniently left out the number of times that Brown was targeted his last year in Pittsburgh compared to his last year in TB. Was this crucial fact being omitted just an innocent oversight on your part, or was your intent to deceive? Please advise.

2018 - 168 targets, 1297 yards
2021 - 62 targets, 545 yards

Think about it.
Sounds like you’re thirstier than a $3 hooker on a Saturday night in the war zone of Albuquerque.

Think about it. You want to get with Slash and Omar???

Sounds like you’re thirstier than a $3 hooker on a Saturday night in the war zone of Albuquerque.

Think about it. You want to get with Slash and Omar???
C'mon man. I'm really trying to see things from your perspective and better understand your position.

Want proof??

BAH.