• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

In an effort to add some veteran depth, what do you think about signing Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell to 1 year deals?

Makes me miss Bengalzrulz more and more.
Steeltime-

You alleged that AB's production dropped significantly after leaving the Steelers. I provided a citation which shows that he received less than half the targets at TB that he once received as a WR1 with the Steelers. You ran from this citation. Why?

Steeltime-

You alleged that AB's production dropped significantly after leaving the Steelers.

I didn't allege ****, idiot. YOU claimed Brown was productive after leaving the Steelers, I simply posted the stats. You then changed the subject, like a dumb *****.

Why?

Oh, right, the dumb ***** thing.

I provided a citation which shows that he received less than half the targets at TB that he once received as a WR1 with the Steelers. You ran from this citation. Why?

His targets dropped by more than 50%? Okay, but his production went down 67%.

Get it? Right, you don't, once again because of the dumb ***** thing.

Steeltime-

You alleged that AB's production dropped significantly after leaving the Steelers. I provided a citation which shows that he received less than half the targets at TB that he once received as a WR1 with the Steelers. You ran from this citation. Why?
you literally just self-owned yourself.

with us, he had 168 targets and 104 catches, 1297 yards (as you stated)
his last season in Tampa, he had 62 targets and 42 catches for 545 yards.

as you were told, his production was down.

this, while being on a team where he wasn't facing the top CB. nor even the 2nd CB. Sometimes the 3rd CB or a safety.

He's started 7 games the past two seasons. Worked his way out of Oakland before ever seeing the field. Worked his way out of New England after 4 catches, then worked his way out of the NFL after his meltdown.

Dude's a talented headcase. And we have YOUNG WRs.

No ******* way we get this ****** near our guys. Here's a list of free agent VETERAN WRs who would be a much better add than AB, excluding OBJ.

In fact, if you want to merge history with present, the only guy on that list to bring back would be Emmanuel Sanders. Conducts himself like a professional - unlike AB. Or even Julio Jones. Or Jarvis Landry. Or ... hell, look at the list and not the AB poster above your bed with jizzstalacites.

Hmmm, Mayweather is putting out $20 million for a team to pickup Brown, and yet, no takers. Wonder why...........

Mayweather would have to a couple more just for the STEELERS to break even...........................

Salute the nation

Steeltime-

so you were told his production went down and you post a citation (who the **** calls them citations? oh yeah twats) that proves his production went down. and then questions why he hasn't responded...most likely he is still laughing at your ignorant twatwaffle postings

so you were told his production went down and you post a citation (who the **** calls them citations? oh yeah twats) that proves his production went down. and then questions why he hasn't responded...most likely he is still laughing at your ignorant twatwaffle postings

The point is, trying to draw correlations between the two is completely idiotic given that AB is in a different system and being utilized differently. To go from WR1 to a WR2 or a WR3, of course his number of targets would drop. That would be like me comparing completions thrown by Ben in the early years versus the latter years and reaching the conclusion, "well, Ben only averaged 175 completions per season during the 04/05 season, but he was completing double the amount of passes his last couple of years", all while never making mention of him having twice as many pass attempts.

The point is, trying to draw correlations between the two is completely idiotic given that AB is in a different system and being utilized differently. To go from WR1 to a WR2 or a WR3, of course his number of targets would drop. That would be like me comparing completions thrown by Ben in the early years versus the latter years and reaching the conclusion, "well, Ben only averaged 175 completions per season during the 04/05 season, but he was completing double the amount of passes his last couple of years", all while never making mention of him having twice as many pass attempts.
none of this disputes the fact that his production is way down. of course he is not targeted as much of course he is not the top wr on the team, why? because he is not the same player. he is a head case who could not excel against the CB 2 or 3 he was facing, you are not disproving anything that has been said to you You are infact proving your detractors to be correct

Two positions where I think we would benefit the most by adding veteran depth would be the WR and RB position. Being as though both are available, know our system, and wouldn't break the bank, what would be your thoughts on bringing back Brown and Bell on 1 year deals? I'd love to see Leveon backing up Najee. And despite previous issues, I see very little risk bringing Brown back for a 1 year league minimum.

What do you think? Would you be willing to roll the dice on these two Steeler legends if it means instantly being more competitive?
<div style="width:480px"><iframe allow="fullscreen" frameBorder="0" height="200" src="https://giphy.com/embed/nhKR2Nvat5GfulqHFZ/video" width="480"></iframe></div>

I guarantee here and now, if we were to wake up tomorrow morning to a headline that said "Steelers and Brown/Bell come to terms on 1 year agreements" this forum would light the **** up with enthusiasm. Sure .. there might be some question as to whether AB would be able to make it through the season, but generally speaking, our odds of winning would become notably greater by having these 2 back on our team. AB Is MUCH better than Drop Happy DJ and Kick-a-man-when-he's-down Claypool combined. And aging or not, Bell would still be an upgrade over Benny's Smell. Like it or not, those are both facts.
IF it actually happened - guarantee THIS - you'll take a 3 month vacation from here??? Bet???

It's funny that you messaged. I just thought about you while listening to the Keri Hilson song, 'Knock You Down'. If you want to get together for a beer later this week, I'll see if I can play it for you on the jukebox. Cool?
This mother ****** is steady trying to get dates from men...GTFOH!!!

none of this disputes the fact that his production is way down. of course he is not targeted as much of course he is not the top wr on the team, why? because he is not the same player. he is a head case who could not excel against the CB 2 or 3 he was facing, you are not disproving anything that has been said to you You are infact proving your detractors to be correct
It's a different role in a different system and he went to TB knowing that. His stats had a whole lot more to do with that than whatever "declining" narrative that you and your sisters are trying to sling. Sorry, but just like with Glitch Trublosky, the facts are not on your side. There's a reason why teams are willing to tolerate Brown and it's not because they think he's nice guy.

It's a different role in a different system and he went to TB knowing that. His stats had a whole lot more to do with that than whatever "declining" narrative that you and your sisters are trying to sling. Sorry, but just like with Glitch Trublosky, the facts are not on your side. There's a reason why teams are willing to tolerate Brown and it's not because they think he's nice guy.
so what team is he with now?

teams give him a shot based on what he did with the Steelers.....but he never lasts long. He is not what he was and he is not worth the trouble which is why he is not on a team

Ballz is not a word, but you're still a retard, sonny.

Please don't ever go 'balls deep'...there's no need to include your DNA in the gene pool.
I promised him he would not be call the "r" word. He is special. I wonder if 81 can get a Tax Credit if Ballz becomes a member? worth checking into

That moment when a dude that incorrectly spells a word and then attacks the guy who spelled it correctly as someone who can't spell.

Hey, toupee. I just walked in to The Urban Tap on Carson. You interested in coming down for a beer. It's on me. There's a nice, little crowd and one of my favorite LL Cool J songs is playing on the jukebox. Are you familiar with his hit 'Mama Said Knock You Out'?

When I make ribs, I grill them as well as bake them in the oven, they literally fall off the bone.

I will put "rub" on them and crock pot the all day on low, they fall off and taste VERY good.

I will do that with roast(s) as well and make a philly-cheese steak like samiches with sourkruat and spicy ustard. pretty good also........

Salute the nation