• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Iran's response ... missile attacks on U.S. bases in Iraq

There is nothing Trump could possibly do that Dems wouldn't be up in arms about. He could stumble upon the cure for cancer and Dems would be screaming that he just did it to enrich pharmaceutical companies. I think the vast majority of Americans are completely tuned out when Nancy Pelosi or Chuck Schumer express their feelings on something he does.

Oh, you think that was a bad idea? What a surprise. Yawn.

And I say that as someone who is no big fan of Trump.

I agree with this. I am no big fan of Trump, but what the Democrats are doing is old. I used to listen, try to weigh both sides, but anymore you know exactly what is coming from democrats and the press before a word is ever said, and you know what the Republican reaction is going to be. Now I mostly tune it all out. The night Iran initiated the missile attack was the first time I have watched cable news in months. Nothing has changed. There is no objectivity in journalism anymore, and there is no middle ground in politics. Gonna suck for whatever future this country has left.

CANADIAN PM: "We have Intel that Iran shot down plane"

There are 176 families that want answers today

and now for this empty suit to do nothing about it as Iran tells him to eat ****.

Russian surface to air missiles fired by Iran shoot down Ukraine airliner

"Trump's fault!"

Instead of addressing the salient, factual points...

Never mind. I know you prefer the mudslinging, it was a nice change of pace for you, that's all I was commending you on. Read your post, you made your point, other presidents have towed the line. Understood. Trump assassinated a military general, a government official of a nation state. We've done similar things throughout history. This hit could have resulted in an all-out war, put the lives of Americans on the line around the globe. It could still have yet unknown ramifications. Trump made the call, for better or worse. I thought it was reckless, you don't. I don't mourn the death of Soliemani, what's done is done. We'll see how this plays out in the ME from this point forward. Hope Iran doesn't do anything stupid through their proxies. Without a doubt this assassination fired up our enemies and have now given them an appetite for revenge, now and in the future. Not sure we're any safer because of it.

Never mind. I know you prefer the mudslinging, it was a nice change of pace for you, that's all I was commending you on. Read your post, you made your point, other presidents have towed the line. Understood. Trump assassinated a military general, a government official of a nation state. We've done similar things throughout history. This hit could have resulted in an all-out war, put the lives of Americans on the line around the globe. It could still have yet unknown ramifications. Trump made the call, for better or worse. I thought it was reckless, you don't. I don't mourn the death of Soliemani, what's done is done. We'll see how this plays out in the ME from this point forward. Hope Iran doesn't do anything stupid through their proxies. Without a doubt this assassination fired up our enemies and have now given them an appetite for revenge, now and in the future. Not sure we're any safer because of it.

and the majority of Americans paying attention to what Iran has done don't give a ****. Why? Because Iran - prior to this missile being sent up Salami's dickhole - were out for American blood. What's changed? Like you said, we'll see. I'd guess their appetite for American blood got a little less tasteful to them.

and the majority of Americans paying attention to what Iran has done don't give a ****.

I know you guys hate polls, at least those not favorable to Trump. For whatever it's worth, looks like I'm not alone in calling this assassination 'reckless' and that it may have an inverse effect on curbing Iranian aggression and nuclear ambitions.

Americans by more than 2-1 said the killing of Iranian Gen. Qasem Soleimani has made the United States less safe, a nationwide USA TODAY/Ipsos Poll finds, amid broad concerns about the potential consequences ahead.

A majority of those surveyed, by 52%-34%, called Trump's behavior with Iran "reckless."

Americans were divided on the wisdom of the drone strike at the Baghdad airport last week that killed Soleimani and others: 42% supported it, 33% opposed it; 25% said they didn't know what to think. Republicans were much more supportive than Democrats; independents were almost evenly split.

But there was overwhelming agreement – in each case by more than 6-1 – that the attack made it more likely Iran would strike American interests in the Middle East (69%), that there would be terrorist attacks on the American homeland (63%), and that the United States and Iran would go to war with each other (62%).

By 52%-8%, those polled said the attack made it more likely that Iran would develop nuclear weapons.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/...ess-safe-trump-reckless-iran-poll/2835962001/

Jesus Christ Tibs, you're blowing up eyes of the President to prove your point? How low can you ******* stoop? Really?

If you don't want to gaze into the eyes of your beloved President, then don't. Just keep scrolling, my man.

I know you guys hate polls, at least those not favorable to Trump. For whatever it's worth, looks like I'm not alone in calling this assassination 'reckless' and that it may have an inverse effect on curbing Iranian aggression and nuclear ambitions.

Iran was going to develop nukes, regardless of if this prick lived or died.
that fate was dealt before the ink dried on Obama's Iranian Nuclear Deal.

from your poll-link (if you cared to read it prior to posting)....

Americans were divided on the wisdom of the drone strike at the Baghdad airport last week that killed Soleimani and others: 42% supported it

and of course 52-34% called it reckless. did you not pay attention to the number of Commies in Mexifornia who voted for Sir Edmund Hillary? Trump shouldn't ever get close to 50% in any poll unless it's calling for a Peachmint pie.

Iranian Missile System Shot Down Ukraine Flight
No WAY! How could ANYONE have even possibly considered THAT possibility?

Will Canada declare war on Iran for the shoot down, murdering dozens of their civilians?
Or will they follow Obama's lead and just send a couple billion dollars in aid to Iran?

If you don't want to gaze into the eyes of your beloved President, then don't. Just keep scrolling, my man.

Are you attempting humor?

*******. Really Tibs. This entire thread, you are being an *******. No logic. No reason. No "well, if Obama did this I would feel the same way".

Just anger because Trump did X and therefore, I hate X.

Wash, rinse, repeat. It's moronic. Get your head out of your ***. Start looking at things without Trump in the way. If Reagan had done this, you'd be fine with it. Maybe not praising it, but certainly being okay. Same with Bush, Clinton, Bush or Obama.

So until you do that, until your bias of all things starting with "Trump did...." goes away, what you say means nothing. NOTHING.

Iran was going to develop nukes, regardless of if this prick lived or died. That fate was dealt before the ink dried on Obama's Iranian Nuclear Deal.

All indications were the Iranians were holding up their end of the agreement. Confirmed by the US military and the IAEA. International inspectors on the ground. I mean ****, Trump tore that up cause it had Obama's name on it. It wasn't perfect, it could have gone further, but it was a hell of a lot better to have containment and supervision on the ground than not. Just a dumb move on all fronts, done for bravado after the election to throw a bone to his base. Where are we now? Iran has withdrawn from all previous committments and has ramped up nuclear activity. The assassination has rallied the country to defend itself. Inexplainable how anyone could think we're in a better place now than we were in 2015 on this front.

Did someone say pole?
stripper.jpeg

No "well, if Obama did this I would feel the same way".

If Obama did this I would feel the same way.
If Bush did this I would feel the same way.
If Clinton did this I would feel the same way.
If Bush Sr. did this I would feel the same way.
If Reagan did this I would feel the same way.
If Carter did this I would feel the same way.
If Ford did this I would feel the same way.
If Nixon did this I would feel the same way.
If Johnson did this I would feel the same way.
If any other president did this that came before them, I wouldn't feel the same way as I wasn't alive back then.

If Obama did this I would feel the same way.
If Bush did this I would feel the same way.
If Clinton did this I would feel the same way.
If Bush Sr. did this I would feel the same way.
If Reagan did this I would feel the same way.
If Carter did this I would feel the same way.
If Ford did this I would feel the same way.
If Nixon did this I would feel the same way.
If Johnson did this I would feel the same way.
If any other president did this that came before them, I wouldn't feel the same way as I wasn't alive back then.

Yet Obama did, and nary a peep from you. Without congressional approval, he entered Libya to enact regime change and his drones led to the direct death of a head of state, one Muammar Gaddafi. No one recalls ONE post you made about it, and certainly not dozens of pages of your lunatic ranting and raving about how Obama was out of control.

So everything you wrote is complete and utter bullshit.

giphy.gif

Are you attempting humor?

*******. Really Tibs. This entire thread, you are being an *******. No logic. No reason. No "well, if Obama did this I would feel the same way".

Just anger because Trump did X and therefore, I hate X.

Wash, rinse, repeat. It's moronic. Get your head out of your ***. Start looking at things without Trump in the way. If Reagan had done this, you'd be fine with it. Maybe not praising it, but certainly being okay. Same with Bush, Clinton, Bush or Obama.

Like a kid having a tantrum because he didn't get his way. It's pretty pathetic.

I recall the former administration also did a royal job screwing up Egypt as well. Took one of our best allies in the ME and tried to turn it into another Iran.

As far as Gaddafi was concerned, I recall he got pretty uppity and genuinely reckless back in the 80s or 90s I forget and he got ***** slapped by Reagan I want to say. Afterwards you never heard a peep out of the guy. Then our last administration orchestrates turmoil in Libya and next thing you know, our embassy was overrun, our ambassador is dead, our soldiers are told to stand down, Gaddafi has been taken out, terrorists are rushing in, and refugees are fleeing to Europe in little boats.

Can't say their foreign policy was anything to write home about. They seemed somewhat,,,I don't know,,,reckless.

Last edited:
Like a kid having a tantrum because he didn't get his way. It's pretty pathetic.

Nah, I was just concerned when the assassination went down, did not want our troops - and Americans stateside and around the world - to be at risk unneccessarily.

Besides my initial reaction the night of the attack, which I apologized for earlier in this thread, I've kept things calm as can be. The ones throwing out insults, calling people names, making snide remarks and acting hysterical have been those defending Trump. To each his own.

Nah, I was just concerned when the assassination went down, did not want our troops - and Americans stateside and around the world - to be at risk unneccessarily.

Besides my initial reaction the night of the attack, which I apologized for earlier in this thread, I've kept things calm as can be. The ones throwing out insults, calling people names, making snide remarks and acting hysterical have been those defending Trump. To each his own.

Yet those of us who are trying to uphold reason and respect are ignored some.

This nation has lost the ability to converse. It's maddening. Fact is, I am convinced that we are past our date with destiny, and it will get ugly soon.

Sad really.

Iranian commander vows "harsher revenge" against U.S.
A member of Iran's joint chiefs of staff vowed on Thursday there would be "harsher revenge" taken against the United States. Abdollah Araghi said Iran's Revolutionary Guard "will impose a harsher revenge on the enemy in the near future," according to the semi-official Tasnim news agency.

The general chosen to replace Iranian General Qassem Soleimani, who was killed in a U.S. airstrike last week, also said Thursday he would follow the same path as his predecessor.

Canada's turn to nuke them from orbit

How many government officials, heads of military forces of nation states were taken out?

He was okay taking out an American citizen, along with his young son, with a drone strike, in another country.
We have been in a proxy war with Iran since the fall of the Shah. These are the rules of the game.

I read some article from a Toronto paper, they said 1% of their Canadian/Iranian community in Canada had been killed

bummer