• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

It was a great run, Jon Stewart

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone catch Jon Stewart's very last Daily Show last night? What a great send-off to a true comedic legend. I've been a fan from day one, can't believe he kept it going for 16 years. Happy trails!

stewart2-master675.jpg

He is a funny man, although, I don't watch the show.

When comedians are comedians, I like them. When they believe they are politically relevant, I usually tune them out, unless they show a great deal of restraint on targeting one side over another. Most comedians dont.

Didn't realize it had been that long. I was a big fan of the original with Craig Kilborne, Steven Carrel, Nancy Walsh, etc. where they would find and interview wackos and freaks from around the country. The editing was brilliant. It was some if the funniest stuff I've ever seen on TV.

I like Jon Stewart, and congrats on a job well done.
The fact that many Americans consider him the primary source for their news shows a sad downward trend.

He is a funny man, although, I don't watch the show.

When comedians are comedians, I like them. When they believe they are politically relevant, I usually tune them out, unless they show a great deal of restraint on targeting one side over another. Most comedians dont.

This.

Bill Maher is really funny but he can also really rub me the wrong way. Dennis Miller has gone from a liberal-moderate to a libertarian-conservative but I don't think he even does comedy anymore.

Anyone catch Jon Stewart's very last Daily Show last night? What a great send-off to a true comedic legend. I've been a fan from day one, can't believe he kept it going for 16 years. Happy trails!

So what are you going to do now?

34orazl.jpg

So what are you going to do now?
Good question. I feel numb, I'll have no one around to tell me how to think. Started watching some Fox News lately, pretty catchy stuff, maybe I'll latch on to that. My favorite is that O'Reilly guy, tells it like it is. Also been reading a lot of Erick Erickson, Eric Metaxas, Ann Coulter...not sure where this is going, but with Stewart out of the picture, anything is possible.

I never got into the whole "Daily Show" thing. I don't find Stewart funny, and I never watched one second of "The Daily Show."

Good Riddance John Stewart.

I be willing to bet...he did "alright" for himself...

Self worth is probably in the solid 7 or 8 figures...

Who's arguing that? Another rich, white man... Shouldn't he be demonized? Oh.. I forgot, he's liberal.... carry on.

Who's arguing that? Another rich, white man... Shouldn't he be demonized? Oh.. I forgot, he's liberal.... carry on.

And a tax paying, patriotic, solid citizen, and fellow American..

Political affiliation is secondary to me..

Last edited:
Enjoyed his comedy. Didn't care for his bias while calling out others for their bias.

And a tax paying, patriotic, solid citizen, and fellow American..

Political affiliation is secondary to me..

What about fairness? Shouldn't he be demonized like almost every single white male conservative? What about white privilege?

Legend? I don't know about that. Richard Prior is a legend. He is no Richard Pryor.

What about fairness? Shouldn't he be demonized like almost every single white male conservative? What about white privilege?

I am "white"...but certainly not privileged...so I can't answer that question objectively...

However, I do feel that no American should be "demonized" or even "demoralized" for their political affiliation...

Unless, of course that affiliation promotes destruction, violence, hatred, and overall anti-American sentiments..

Last edited:
I am "white"...but certainly not privileged...so I can't answer that question objectively...

However, I do feel that no American should be "demonized" or even "demoralized" for their political affiliation...

Unless, of course that affiliation promotes destruction, violence, hatred, and overall anti-American sentiments..

Sooooo......the current admin then?

Jon Stewart was good at what he did, even though I didn't like him much. Bill Maher is an idiot.

This is a big media loss for the left as somehow he was viewed as news.

Enjoyed his comedy. Didn't care for his bias while calling out others for their bias.

I have found this to be the case with many comedians. They feel it is their sacred right to make fun of anyone, for anything. But they also feel they have some sort of moral high ground from which to criticize others. for views they may not totally agree with.

It is quite possible for the same person to be brilliant and idiotic. I'd argue this is the rule rather than the exception.

I've never understood the demonization of Stewart, Maher, O'Reilly, etc. Same coin, other side.

Good question. I feel numb, I'll have no one around to tell me how to think. .

Bill Maher should fill that void nicely for you.

Last edited: