• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Justin Jefferson or Stephon Diggs??? Big Named WR on the Steelers radar...

I wouldn't put this past Omar, but Justin Jefferson would make us CONTENDERS immediately!!!
Lay off them Gummies .............BAMA boy

signing JJ would be sweet ..... but I think we have a better chance at getting another JJ

MV5BMjA2MTMyMjcyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTIzODYyNA@@._V1_.jpg

How in the hell could they possibly get Justin Jefferson? It would have to be a first round pick and then some, and he would be expensive too.
I don’t want give up a first or a second. We need a young quality Center and RT and the draft will provide that.
I’m hoping for Tyler Boyd and then drafting a WR in round three since the draft is deep with WRs.
Justin would be really nice to have but the draft capital to get him and then you have to pay him.
I’d be shocked if they did this move. Also heard rumors about the Niners Brandon Auyuk but again, you’re giving up premium picks and he’s going to want a big contract.

How in the hell could they possibly get Justin Jefferson? It would have to be a first round pick and then some, and he would be expensive too.
I don’t want give up a first or a second. We need a young quality Center and RT and the draft will provide that.
I’m hoping for Tyler Boyd and then drafting a WR in round three since the draft is deep with WRs.
Justin would be really nice to have but the draft capital to get him and then you have to pay him.
I’d be shocked if they did this move. Also heard rumors about the Niners Brandon Auyuk but again, you’re giving up premium picks and he’s going to want a big contract.
Pickens might be part of the trade along with a draft pick or 2. Hopefully if we do aquire a top WR Pickens embraces it(if he isn't part of it). If he pouts this FO just might move him also.

Pickens might be part of the trade along with a draft pick or 2. Hopefully if we do aquire a top WR Pickens embraces it(if he isn't part of it). If he pouts this FO just might move him also.
I hope he isn't a part of any trade. I want that group to be explosive in multiple areas so teams can't focus on on any aspect of the offense.

Trenches 1st please.

My sentiments as well, Dan Moore graded out to close to the bottom when we have a 1st round pick suited for LT that is playing RT. Reasoning used was Dan isn’t very good at RT———— ****-ing crazy.

Also, our QBs get extremely tired bending over for every snap(amongst other things) while in the shotgun.

Salute the nation

AS they should, I hope the DJ gone was a big enough example of who is who in the commander chain.

Salute the nation

I can't imagine any reality where the Steelers pick up Jefferson, or any receiver that requires paying a huge contract on top of a substantial trade package. If Jefferson really did turn down a 30 million a year offer with the Vikings, he's not coming to Pittsburgh. Maybe they feel they are one elite WR away from winning the Super Bowl? If so, then maybe I see them taking a risk. That said, they are more than one player away I think and the draft is deep at the WR position this year. I would at least wait for the draft before actually trading away assets to get a guy you have to mortgage the future on. Especially if you think Fields will be there a few years and they will have to pay him or Wilson a significant amount to keep one of them.

Agree with your thoughts. Main thing for WR is no more head cases. Need the team first mentality. Would love another Hines Ward but he was a one of kind we’ll never see again.

My sentiments as well, Dan Moore graded out to close to the bottom when we have a 1st round pick suited for LT that is playing RT. Reasoning used was Dan isn’t very good at RT———— ****-ing crazy.

Also, our QBs get extremely tired bending over for every snap(amongst other things) while in the shotgun.

Salute the nation
With everything that's going on, I HAVE to figure the Dan Moore experiment is over; that was leftover Tomlin/Colbert nonsense. That nonsense is NOW over, I pray to God.

I heard about the Dulac comments on the Eisen show and immediately thought of Jefferson. The problem as Phoenix1172 mentioned is the 30 mill plus a season to pay him and as others mentioned, the evaporated draft capital when there are glaring holes that need to be addressed. I can't imagine making the trade although like Minka, he's a steal at his age for one 1st round pick but minny will want more.

With the new OC's philosophy on offense, one standout receiver and decent #2 and 3s should suffice. Pickens and Jefferson is scary good but I don't think we need that considering the amount of money invested and return. Your going to try and get Pickens the ball as well, if not watch that soap opera unfold not to mention Smith and company want to show case the run game. Just don't see this as the best use of precious cap space.

Gosh I had to look up Jefferson just to see who that is. I generally have no interest in NFC teams.

I do know Stephon Diggs because the Steelers have played against several times in the past.

Whomever they get, I hope they don't stray from building the lines by giving away draft picks.