• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kavanaugh hearing

There seems to be a quick fix to all this. Trump should instruct the FBI to investigate these 4-5 cases of alleged sexual assaults, report their findings to the senate committee then proceed with the confirmation hearings. If all checks out, Kavanaugh is a shoo in. No need for all this emotion and hearfelt testimony. Who cares what Kavanaugh wrote in his calendar 35 years ago? Does anyone think he'd actually write this kind of stuff down?

Sorry Tibs, that's not the FBI's job. He's been background checked 6 SEPARATE times by the FBI already. Confirm him now

This could be a rare case tried by the media and with the worst political intention by the Democrats where the accused dignity, reason, and account of events actual rises his overall worth of character to the viewing audience, much to their chagrin.

There seems to be a quick fix to all this. Trump should instruct the FBI to investigate these 4-5 cases of alleged sexual assaults, report their findings to the senate committee then proceed with the confirmation hearings. If all checks out, Kavanaugh is a shoo in. No need for all this emotion and hearfelt testimony. Who cares what Kavanaugh wrote in his calendar 35 years ago? Does anyone think he'd actually write this kind of stuff down?

What 4-5 cases? And you accuse other people of slander?

And how is that a solution? How many more loonies will come out of the woodwork at the last minute and insist that their baseless claim be investigated by the FBI?

Uh oh.

"I don’t believe in crying," Trump said in 2005 to biographer Tim O’Brien. "… It's just not my thing. I have nothing against it when someone cries, but when I see a man cry I view it as a weakness. I don't like seeing men cry."

I think he is coming across as a little weak. coming back strong now, but weak to begin with

You can just see the dems realizing that their blue wave is slowing to a trickle. This is backfiring on them, yugely. Lying ******* rats.

Kind of a two bit comment Tibs.

2005? There's really no limit when we pull anything from the archives, is there? I'm not fond of seeing men, women or children cry.

Quite an impressive, passionate performance. Lot's of fire & tears. I hope he's more even-keeled if confirmed to the highest court. No doubt he's 'trumped-up' his testimony, to show Trump and the base he'll fight tooth & nail for Trump. As far as fighting for the American people and the Constitution, that seems much less certain.

he was fighting for his ******* name and the respect he built his entire life.
WTAF?

I thought Kavanaugh's opening statement was very powerful.

2005? There's really no limit when we pull anything from the archives, is there? I'm not fond of seeing men, women or children cry.

Sometimes it's ok -
3A32024D00000578-3918258-image-a-341_1478675547680-768x536.jpg

rape/sexual assault = car accident where you were not injured.
same thing. same thing, Flogomanbun.

So you’re acknowledging that you think Kavanaugh raped her and she isn’t making it up.

I thought Kavanaugh's opening statement was very powerful.

He's making senator Feinstein look very bad right now, you know the person who had the letter and held it until the last moment. Reminding her that you are interviewing me.

He is destroying her!

Destroying might not be enough to describe it. Once confirmed, Kavanagh has potential to be the most powerful voice on the supreme court.

Dilly! Dilly!

The guy who plays the King is in the new Jack Ryan series on Amazon. He plays a CIA operative with some good one liners. When he killed a guy, i yelled Dilly Dilly ************ at the TV.