• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kavanaugh hearing

To me, he's making the case I've made here over and over.

This accusation just doesn't rise to the level needed to exclude him from consideration or override his life's work and record. If it does, that is just unprecedented in it's lack of evidence, how long ago it happened and the age it supposedly happened. It's just crazy.

I don't know, I would have expected Kavanaugh to stay the norm and be calm in the middle of the storm, steady hands on the wheel, etc. His reaction seems a bit over the top. Like with Trump and Russia, it's hard for me to understand why Kavanaugh wouldn't want an FBI investigation into these charges that clear his name beyond reproach. Instead, we're getting a visceral, emotional plea that's intended to pull on heartstrings and sway public opinion. From a bird's eye view, not very reassuring given he's up for a Supreme Court seat.

I don't know, I would have expected Kavanaugh to stay the norm and be calm in the middle of the storm, steady hands on the wheel, etc. His reaction seems a bit over the top. Like with Trump and Russia, it's hard for me to understand why Kavanaugh wouldn't want an FBI investigation into these charges that clear his name beyond reproach. Instead, we're getting a visceral, emotional plea that's intended to pull on heartstrings and sway public opinion. From a bird's eye view, not very reassuring given he's up for a Supreme Court seat.

He's been background checked by the FBI 6 separate times. Good try though

To me, he's making the case I've made here over and over.

This accusation just doesn't rise to the level needed to exclude him from consideration or override his life's work and record. If it does, that is just unprecedented in it's lack of evidence, how long ago it happened and the age it supposedly happened. It's just crazy.

Its fine when facts back things up... if someone accused him of something and had concrete proof, fine, but these accusations are all too often becoming pandoras box for endless political investigations and perjury traps... I always said the best thing Clinton ever did was fight the impeachment when it moved from real accusations to political attacks about anything that would stick

These are all new revelations. Time to reopen those background checks and cover these allegations, then you move on. Easy solution for Kavanaugh to put all this to rest.

He said he was open to it if that is what the committee decides but seriously what is there to investigate that they haven't already asked the pertinent players?

Excellent analogy. See how that bogus collusion investigation is distracting our elected officials from getting on about their business?

Its more than that... it’s been 36 years... its he said she said... they would take statements under oath, which they have.. that is it... the investigation would just drag it past the election.. that is all this is about after all...

To me the most damning testimony is his factual and actual interactions with women over the last 20 years as a professional.

When you judge that, it's impeccable. He hires more female law clerks than almost everyone. Almost every female that works with him vouches for him. There isn't a hint of impropriety when he went gallivanting around the world with the Bush White House.

This guy is not some serial womanizer or even close to the level of deviancy required to eliminate him from the Supreme Court. Not even close.

These are all new revelations. Time to reopen those background checks and cover these allegations, then you move on. Easy solution for Kavanaugh to put all this to rest.

Common sense escapes you. Bless your heart

Its more than that... it’s been 36 years... its he said she said... they would take statements under oath, which they have.. that is it... the investigation would just drag it past the election.. that is all this is about after all...

Which is exactly what the dems want. They want to delay the nomination vote in hopes of retaking Congress so they can block the nomination. It ain't rocket science. Its going to backfire when they lose seats in November and RBG needs replaced in the next 2 years.

Exactly. Dems want to see if they can take control of the senate, and a draw out investigation, where no new facts or proof will come up gives them a chance to block the nomination.

Have no illusions, no democratic vote will change after these allegations.

Which is exactly what the dems want. They want to delay the nomination vote in hopes of retaking Congress so they can block the nomination. It ain't rocket science. Its going to backfire when they lose seats in November and RBG needs replaced in the next 2 years.

I don't know if punishment is a good idea or not, but if RGB creates a vacancy, I hope Trump pick the most conservative young woman of all time.

I don't know if punishment is a good idea or not, but if RGB creates a vacancy, I hope Trump pick the most conservative young woman of all time.

Don't forget Breyer is 80 years old. Could be 2 more vacancies.

He got as close to calling this bullshit as you can possibly do without saying it.

"If you vote no, you are legitimizing the most despicable thing I've seen in politics." - Lyndsay Graham

Can I get an AMEN

This is a farce. The guy is getting judged on how he drank in High School and inside fart jokes with his friends. Jesus Christ.