• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kenny states he "learned nothing" from the sidelines in Cinci game.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
https://www.steelernation.com/2023/...pickett-detailed-learned-nothing-on-sidelines

Not really the best thing to say after how he's performed this year. He's below such luminaries such as Zach Wilson, Desmond Ridder, Bryce Young, Bailey Zappe, Case Keenum, Tommy DeVito, and Nick Mullins (all following out of the top 20).

Pickett also briefly spoke on his time on the sideline. When asked if he had learned anything valuable while he was sidelined, his response was simple.

"No."
He doesn't seem to be too happy that he has been sidelined for so long, but some of his frustration is understandable. He worked with an awful offensive coordinator during the heart of his time starting in 2023, while underproducing, and then getting injured when it was crucial for him to prove his worth. Now seeing the success from Rudolph along with feeling well enough to start, is enough to frustrate the young quarterback, and it is yet to be known if he'll get his chance to start in Week 17 (or again in 2023).

Admitting you are a slow learner while playing the QB position in this league is not a good thing ....
Someone should hide his gloves...
Rudy should start in the Seattle game ............ if he struggles you can pull him ........... Start Kenny and he struggles or re injures himself .... then what ??

Hot take: i kinda like pissed-off Pickett.

This sounds like the guy who has a chip on his shoulder and that guy kicked some *** last year. lol

I want Pickett to be our guy just because I want this team to succeed. but man KP you gotta help out. a second year QB can most certainly learn from watching from the sidelines. learn what you can any chance you get.

That’s assuming there is someone to learn from. This shyt show that is Mike Tomlin’s offense, is a mess. How do you learn from that, or anyone he has to wa
He cannot learn 1 thing from Mitch losing 3 games or Mason winning 1 game? that is kinda weird from me. as a QB that has played as few as games as KP has played you cannot learn 1 thing?

He was acting like a little b!tch. He chose not to learn anything. But, as stated above, can't learn much from Tomlin, or mitch.

He cannot learn 1 thing from Mitch losing 3 games or Mason winning 1 game? that is kinda weird from me. as a QB that has played as few as games as KP has played you cannot learn 1 thing?
What exactly do you want him to learn from Mitch? How to milk teams for money?

Sure the PC response would have been “I am trying to learn all I can from those around me, for when I get my next chance”. But you can tell he is beyond frustrated with his situation. From the QB coach that can’t seem to develop a QB, to OC’s that can’t convince the HC to try something different, to a HC that refuses to play to his players strengths.

He is probably keeping an eye on the calendar and waiting till 2026, just hoping Tomlin doesn’t ruin his potential so bad he won’t get another shot somewhere.

Hot take: i kinda like pissed-off Pickett.

This sounds like the guy who has a chip on his shoulder and that guy kicked some *** last year. lol
I wouldn't go that far, the two games everyone talks about from last season was the Raiders and Ravens games, yeah it was great to lead a last minute TD drive to win, but the offense only scored 13 and 16 total points in those games.

Possibly a veiled comment on what he thinks of the coaching, and maybe even a message to the organisation of what he thinks about a particular coach (possibly the quarterbacks coach).

I don’t think it’s that sophisticated, like a boy who had his lollipop stolen. He assumed he was going to start as soon as he was healthy. The3n came the MASON affect. He was probably just told Wednesday that Mason will start, needed time to let that sink in.

DK Daily Shot had just this topic on it this morning.

Salute the nation

Kenny needs to get his **** together, moping isn’t the sign of a winner. Rudolf probably isn’t the long term answer (if he turns out to be, then way more power to him, always root for an underdog), but for the current…… he is. He played light years ahead of KP8.

As for learning something well on the sidelines, how about those happy feet and always escaping left ???

Salute the nation

Kenny needs to get his **** together, moping isn’t the sign of a winner. Rudolf probably isn’t the long term answer (if he turns out to be, then way more power to him, always root for an underdog), but for the current…… he is. He played light years ahead of KP8.

As for learning something well on the sidelines, how about those happy feet and always escaping left ???

Salute the nation

Earlier in the same interview he talked about the opportunity in getting mental reps.

I think he just wasn't interested in entertaining that leading question.

He could simply just be tired of not playing. Anxious to get back out there. I wouldn't take it necessarily as moping. Sure he could have answered the question better.

I think with Rudy's good performance Kenny is now Frankenstein and the media has those pitch forks ready to charge.

I could of course be wrong but his earlier comments in that interview make me think it is just a media grab.

What is he going to learn from a 3rd string quarterback. Maybe how to hold a clipboard.
If I had to play devil's advocate, I would say he could see that another QB within the scheme could have productive success standing in the pocket going thru his reads without scrambling out of the pocket prematurely.

But that is something coaches should be coaching him up for regardless.