• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Large Majority of Speech Watchers React Positively to President Trump's Speech

Spike

Reaction score
According to a CNN/ORC poll of viewers, Donald Trump's first address to Congress received a largely positive reaction from speech-watchers, with 57% who tuned in saying they had a "very positive" reaction.

Trump's policies will move the country in the right direction - 69%

-Economy: 72% said Trump's proposals were right for the US.
-Terrorism: 70% of viewers agreed to the same question on the issue.
-Taxes: 64% of people who watched had a positive reaction to Trump's comments.
-Immigration: 62% of viewers agreed with the president's reform agenda.
-Healthcare: 61% of viewers polled said Trump's remarks on repealing and replacing the Affordable Care Act were on point.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/news/cnn-orc-poll-trump-receives-positive-reviews/vp-AAnEOWb

------------------------------

694940094001_5342345728001_5342293875001-vs.jpg

Once again, the left’s shrill, unhinged ranting and raving is only succeeding in making them look like the pathetic losers they are.

Getting high marks on MSNBC! WTF?!?!

It was a good speech. AND.....seeing the camera panning over to the sour faces of the left who refused to stand (EVEN FOR THE NAVY SEAL'S WIDOW) spoke volumes.

Democrat 'Women in White' Refuse to Stand As Trump Asks Congress to Honor Our Soldiers

President Trump spent several moments during his address to the joint session of Congress on Tuesday honoring the bravest among us: our soldiers. Upon the mention of our military, the entire room--Republican and Democrat--were on their feet. Well, almost everyone.

Unbelievably, a handful of Democratic women who had dressed in white (for reasons hard to understand) to protest the president, remained seated at the mention of our soldiers.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortn...-asks-congress-to-honor-our-soldiers-n2292165

_WomenWearWhite.0.jpeg

Margaret%20Sanger%20and%20KKK_zpsyywjyjqx.jpg

C5zUTfhWAAASW2e.jpg

Getting high marks on MSNBC! WTF?!?!

Democrats are finished

4 MORE YEARS!

4 MORE YEARS!

Van Jones: Trump 'became president' in moment honoring Navy SEAL widow

Van Jones praised President Trump for honoring the widow of a Navy SEAL killed during a raid in Yemen, saying "he became president of the United States in that moment. Period."

"There are a lot of people who have a lot of reason to be frustrated with him, to be fearful of him, to be mad of him, but that was one of the most extraordinary moments you have ever seen in American politics period," Jones said on CNN.

Jones, a liberal commentator who frequently criticizes Trump, said the president did something "extraordinary."

"And for people who had been hoping he would become unifying, hoping that he might find someway to become presidential, they should be happy with that moment," Jones said.

"For people who have been hoping that maybe he would remain a divisive cartoon, which he often finds a way to do, they should be a little bit worried tonight. Because that thing you just saw him do, if he finds a way to do that over and over again, he's going to be there for eight years."

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...s-honoring-of-widow-of-navy-seal-trump-became

There should 100 responses by now - where you jack-offs at?

Democrats Depressed, Disoriented, Demoralized, Devastated and Discredited [by Trump’s Triumph]

It was the worst night for Democrats since November 8, 2016. After President Trump’s speech to a joint session of Congress, Rachel Maddow looked as though a loved one has just died – the same face she had on Election Night. Her fellow panelists, desperate for something to criticize, focused on the president using two hands to pick up a cup.

I'm not kidding:

The Democratic Party members watching that speech looked like a party of the living dead. They didn't know how to react. They didn't know if they were Americans. They didn't know who they were.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog...iscredited_in_the_wake_of_trumps_triumph.html

Spike, Do you work for Brief-fart? "Where the news has a bit of a smell to it"

Never forget...The Enemies Of Donald Trump Are The Enemies Of America

Bitter Nancy Pelosi REFUSES to Stand and Applaud American Job Creation

During President Trump’s speech on Tuesday night he touted the positive economic growth that has taken place since coming into office which received standing ovation from everyone in attendance.

Everyone except bitter congresswoman Nancy Pelsoi.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...es-stand-applaud-american-job-creation-video/

------------------------

Trump speech leaves Democrats befuddled, in ruins, with question marks

trump_speech_70411_c0-229-5472-3419_s885x516.jpg

The president opened by celebrating Black History Month. Lady Democrats wore white.

Donald Trump delivered the most finely crafted speech of his political life Tuesday night in what will go down as one of the best speeches delivered to a joint session of Congress in the past two decades.

He hit stirring emotional high notes. And he laid out his vision for his presidency.

Mr. Trump stole the issue of affordable health care from Democrats. He unabashedly owned the fight against illegal immigration.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/feb/28/trump-speech-congress-leaves-democrats-befuddled-r/

Trump kicked *** in that speech, yet the left only want to whine, ***** and moan about Kellyanne Conway on the sofa and how Trump eats his steak.

It was the greatest speech I've ever heard. Absolutely awesome. Anyone who doesn't agree with what Trump said is either anti-American or too egotistical to admit that they were dead wrong about him.

MAGA!!!

http://ijr.com/2017/03/813694-a-nav...ng-ovation-top-democrats-reaction-is-damning/

Navy SEAL's Widow at Trump Speech Received a Standing Ovation. Top Democrats' Reaction Is Shocking

By Kyle Becker
3 hours ago

It was the most emotionally powerful moment of Trump's presidency.

As President Trump addressed a joint session of Congress, he turned at one point to Carryn Owens. She is the widow of fallen Navy SEAL Ryan Owens, who died carrying out an assault on a terrorist haven in Yemen.

Carryn Owens was one of six special guests of President Trump. She was seated next to the First Daughter Ivanka Trump, and the grieving widow was understandably distraught under the spotlight of the national stage.

Screenshot-2017-03-01-04.21.16.png

President Trump stopped at one point in his speech and went out of his way to show gratitude to the widow and the slain Navy SEAL she knew as her husband. Acknowledging Owens's heroics, the president said the following:
"We are blessed to be joined tonight by Carryn Owens, the widow of a U.S. Navy special operator, Senior Chief William 'Ryan' Owens. Ryan died as he lived: a warrior, and a hero — battling against terrorism and securing our nation. I just spoke to General [Jim] Mattis, who reconfirmed that, and I quote:

'Ryan was a part of a highly successful raid that generated large amounts of vital intelligence that will lead to many more victories in the future against our enemies.' Ryan’s legacy is etched into eternity. For as the Bible teaches us, there is no greater act of love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. Ryan laid down his life for his friends, for his country and for our freedom — we will never forget him.

While the president addressed Carryn Owens to honor her family's sacrifice, there were multiple rounds of standing applause. As the video clearly shows, a number of Democrats declined to stand and applaud the grieving widow and her husband, who gave everything to defend the nation.

The following is taken directly from a video of the moment when the majority of Congress gave Carryn Owens and the slain military hero a standing ovation:

screen_shot_2017-02-28_at_7.33.46_pm.jpg

As you can see on the right-hand side of Congress, a number of Democrats are firmly seated, and many are not applauding at all. This includes Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-VT), Sen. Al Franken (who later stood), Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), and Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA), among others.

The following is a shot taken later on while Congress continued to honor the widow and her husband:

Screenshot-3_1_2017-4_23_24-AM.jpg

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY), Sen. Al Franken (D-MN), and other Democratic members of Congress did rise and applaud, especially on the second round of ovation. Even justices on the Supreme Court joined in to show their gratitude.

Former presidential candidate Bernie Sanders, former Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, and other top Democrats, however, remained seated. As pointed out earlier by Independent Journal Review's Benny Johnson, other key members of party leadership refused to stand. Namely, former DNC Chair and Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) and Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), who just lost his bid for DNC Chair.

A number of partisan comments may help explain why some believe the Democrats remained seated.

Well-known national security columnist John Schindler asked if the entire country had “Stockholm Syndrome,” a reference to the tendency of hostages to display attachment for hostage-takers. Filmmaker Rob Reiner said, “It was cringe-worthy ... talk about using someone as a prop. It was disgraceful.”

GettyImages-646462344.jpg

Hillary Clinton volunteer Dan Grilo responded to the display, “Sorry, Owens' wife, you're not helping yourself or your husband's memory by standing there and clapping like an idiot. Trump just used you.” He later apologized and deleted his Twitter account.

Trump's speech on the whole was well-received by the American public and by several media outlets that have been extraordinarily adversarial by reputation. The AP said the speech was “presidential,” while asking “how long will it last?” CNN's viewers said the speech made them feel “more optimistic” at a rate of 69% to the 28% of those who disagreed and said it made them feel “more pessimistic.” The Washington Post called it the “best 'big' speech given by the president.”

As the nation turns to Congress to show leadership and to get productive work done on behalf of the American people, the refusal of some Democrats to budge an inch, figuratively and literally, is revealing. Even on behalf of a grieving widow whose heroic husband was just killed, many remained unmoved, as if their respect would showcase unwanted unity under the presidency.

The Democratic Party's obstinacy and lack of class exemplifies its unwillingness to work with the duly elected president. Showing respect to the widow would have been a display of unity that indicated that the party shares American values and can put partisan politics aside.

Let the record show who was willing and unwilling to do just that.

Listened to the speech driving home from work, so did not see the audience reactions.

Not standing to honor a Navy Seal who gave his life for America on a mission fighting terrorists? Unbelievable. Shameful. Disgraceful.

I love that the true, ugly face of the Democrats is being shown on a daily basis. Nasty, hateful, small-minded, self-absorbed, obsessed with their own little political world and unconcerned with America.

Hillary Clinton volunteer Dan Grilo responded to the display, “Sorry, Owens' wife, you're not helping yourself or your husband's memory by standing there and clapping like an idiot. Trump just used you.” He later apologized and deleted his Twitter account.

I wonder if he felt the same when Hillary had the Khan family stumping for her?

b b but, the world is ending!

Dow breaks above 21,000 as stocks hit all-time highs after Trump's speech

U.S. equities traded sharply higher on Wednesday, with the Dow Jones industrial average climbing above 21,000 for the first time, on the back of President Donald Trump's speech to Congress.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/01/us-markets.html

It was a very good speech. A little heavy on the spend spend spend for my taste, yes he's going to cut discretionary spending which is good but is a drop in the bucket. I missed the beginning, hoping we have tax cuts in our near future.

I don't know if I thought it was the best State of the Union type speech of all time, but it was very good.

Trump is never going to be a kickass, charismatic orator. He's never going to be as good as Reagan was at speeches. Never as good as Kennedy or even the master snake oil salesmen himself, Barry Hussein Obama.

But as far as Trump goes and all the speeches I've heard him do, it's a solid A. He did a very good job. And as with all State of the Union addresses, he hit on all the correct "topics of the day", put in a fair share of emotional heart string touches, and hopefully unified some patriotism and optimism for the country moving forward.

That video of those pieces of **** sitting while honoring the wife of the soldier should be played over and over again. That **** will bite them in there liberal ***** for years to come. I've never seen that level of disrespect given to a fallen soldier.

Didn't see or hear the speech but I heard about the "Ladies in white" protesting President Trump over women's rights. My thoughts were Trump must have turned Moslem and announced mandatory Hijabs and FGM.

Not standing to honor a Navy Seal who gave his life for America on a mission fighting terrorists? Unbelievable. Shameful. Disgraceful.

Absolutely disgraceful. I never thought they'd stoop that low. I guess I'm naive.

Democrat 'Women in White' Refuse to Stand As Trump Asks Congress to Honor Our Soldiers

President Trump spent several moments during his address to the joint session of Congress on Tuesday honoring the bravest among us: our soldiers. Upon the mention of our military, the entire room--Republican and Democrat--were on their feet. Well, almost everyone.

Unbelievably, a handful of Democratic women who had dressed in white (for reasons hard to understand) to protest the president, remained seated at the mention of our soldiers.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortn...-asks-congress-to-honor-our-soldiers-n2292165

_WomenWearWhite.0.jpeg

hit, hit, hit, hit, hit, pass, pass, pass, hit, pass, pass, hit, pass, pass, pass, hit, pass, pass, pass, hit, pass, pass, pass, pass

I feel like I'm stoned now. And if we're doing a true left to right, there are some questionable hits in there.:biggrin1:

hit, hit, hit, hit, hit, pass, pass, pass, hit, pass, pass, hit, pass, pass, pass, hit, pass, pass, pass, hit, pass, pass, pass, pass

Dude, I think you noted "hit" for Nancy Pelosi.

The only time I would hit her is with a 2 x 4.