• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Lions Game

FordFairLane

Reaction score
There's a lot to watch and see for Saturdays game. I am interested to see if the Steelers plays their starters longer than normal especially on the line to try to work out some bugs. Does Wilson play more as well or do they get a good look at Fields. Do they protect Najee since Warren might not be healthy to start the season. Will they suit up our only viable receiving option in Pickens or will they let him rest and give the rest of the unit more snaps to determine who makes the 53.

A side note keep your eyes on Hendon Hooker for the Lions. I had him graded as a first round pick but because of injury he fell to the early third round. With Goff getting signed through the 2028 season Hooker could be a viable option in a trade. If Wilson and Fields can't get it done I could see the Steelers QB room once again do a major overhaul and be without a single QB from the year prior.

I want to see the starting Oline play, would like to see Wilson and Fields getting serious reps too. In D I would make a Hunger's Game competition out of the DL depth, dominate or get cut between Lowry, Leal, Loudermilk and Logan Lee

I want to see fundamentals done well.

No narrative Sunday is going to give confidence in this team. Only hope is slow improvements in regular season and hopefully peek at right time. More likely one of the Qs shows enough to get signed and we are all back here same time next year following this fools gold.

I want to see the starting Oline play, would like to see Wilson and Fields getting serious reps too. In D I would make a Hunger's Game competition out of the DL depth, dominate or get cut between Lowry, Leal, Loudermilk and Logan Lee
I would play the starting O line at least a half game. Probably Wilson too as you know he needs reps to make up for the ones he missed. I also would play the WRs the same duration. This O needs to get on the same page.

I would play the starting O line at least a half game. Probably Wilson too as you know he needs reps to make up for the ones he missed. I also would play the WRs the same duration. This O needs to get on the same page.
Definitely the Week 1 OL for at least a half and probably the QBs too. Just get something good out of this unit ahead of the season.

As for a few of the other guys. Pickens, Najee, Watt, and Fitzpatrick can all be put in bubble wrap this week. The WR depth chart is dreadful without Pickens. Najee has nothing to prove and the same with our two best defenders.

I want to see if another RB steps up in case Warren isn't ready for the opener. Will P. Wilson keep playing well to get him in the rotation early on?

I don't see many surprise players making the roster unless it's due to injury, so there aren't any unheralded guys I look at as potentially long-term answers in terms of this season.

I’d like to see Patterson do something. Wondering if he’s past his expiration date and the Steelers wouldn’t be better off using the roster spot on another player.

Is Leal still a DLman? Thought he was being moved to OLB? Lee needs to add size.

I'd like to see the starting OL with people where they're supposed to be. Put Jones where he belongs and fill in RT with Moore or whoever til Fautanu gets back. Put people where they are most likely to succeed... no more making Green a center experiments.

Definitely the Week 1 OL for at least a half and probably the QBs too. Just get something good out of this unit ahead of the season.

As for a few of the other guys. Pickens, Najee, Watt, and Fitzpatrick can all be put in bubble wrap this week. The WR depth chart is dreadful without Pickens. Najee has nothing to prove and the same with our two best defenders.

I want to see if another RB steps up in case Warren isn't ready for the opener. Will P. Wilson keep playing well to get him in the rotation early on?

I don't see many surprise players making the roster unless it's due to injury, so there aren't any unheralded guys I look at as potentially long-term answers in terms of this season.
Good point on Pickens the room is very thin. I agree with the players you mentioned too.

There's a lot to watch and see for Saturdays game. I am interested to see if the Steelers plays their starters longer than normal especially on the line to try to work out some bugs. Does Wilson play more as well or do they get a good look at Fields. Do they protect Najee since Warren might not be healthy to start the season. Will they suit up our only viable receiving option in Pickens or will they let him rest and give the rest of the unit more snaps to determine who makes the 53.

A side note keep your eyes on Hendon Hooker for the Lions. I had him graded as a first round pick but because of injury he fell to the early third round. With Goff getting signed through the 2028 season Hooker could be a viable option in a trade. If Wilson and Fields can't get it done I could see the Steelers QB room once again do a major overhaul and be without a single QB from the year prior.

Obviously, no injuries.

If both QBs fail to the extent on not being back next season, then we will be drafting high enough to afford a legitimate drafted QB.

Also one or the other current QB will be back, worst case, to fill the mentorship role / back up. I can see them giving Justin Fields another year to develop should he sign a friendly enough contract.

I want Broderick Jones to get into a rhythm at LT, the only way to do that is by playing time.

NO. Musical Chairs.

Salute the nation

I would not play Harris, Watt, Pickens, Minkah or Wilson. Maybe not even Fields.

I would go with QB3 & QB4 for this game. If Plumlee is not in their plans, give him a shot to audition somewhere else. Maybe he plays well enough to reconsider keeping him or maybe he gets you a 6th or 7th. Maybe play him @ WR early and QB later. I just really think this kid could become something usefull

I'd like to see the starting OL with people where they're supposed to be. Put Jones where he belongs and fill in RT with Moore or whoever til Fautanu gets back. Put people where they are most likely to succeed... no more making Green a center experiments.
You mean no more braggadocious GM detailing about what a genius he is for making an OG start at C?

You mean no more braggadocious GM detailing about what a genius he is for making an OG start at C?

Keepers Creepers………….. do you even think before you post???

Our GM Kahn did not draft Green. You can save yourself by denying it was GREEN you were talking about.

Just keep me on ignor PLEASE.

Salute the nation

Dan Moore Jr. has admitted that he CANNOT play RT. We're in somewhat of a bind there. I'd suggest McCormick but I'd get crucified...

Give McCormick a shot. See what he can do. Otherwise I expect a lot of student body lefts, sweep left, screen left, roll out left ......

Curious to see if they play B.Jones at LT very much. His elbow is hurting but still cleared to play. They say it is something that may not get better, but won’t get worse…….. something he will have to play through. Unless absolute fish-bait, you play him and see how he does, all shot up for pain………………………..

Salute the nation

Curious to see if they play B.Jones at LT very much. His elbow is hurting but still cleared to play. They say it is something that may not get better, but won’t get worse…….. something he will have to play through. Unless absolute fish-bait, you play him and see how he does, all shot up for pain………………………..

Salute the nation
Really curious on what his mysterious ailment is.