• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Negative comments about Mason Rudolph

Seems Mason is playing not to lose games. When we fall behind he isnt afraid to open up and toss the ball down the field. Whether this is him or the OC is what needs to be determined. If it is Mason it is the OC to help him with this and call plays to expand his game. If this is our OC decision he needs to start calling a better game plan.

I don't know, but they need to figure out that **** soon. The play-calling was atrocious today.

i don't think CBS showed a single replay of the downfield routes so it's hard to say if Mason is missing reads or if nobody is open. I'm guessing it's a bit of both.

**** sake. How many NFL starts has he had.

Do I see him, donno. He and or the OC are pissing me off. I love checkdowns but god damn you gotta go downfield sometimes (not bombs just down field).

I’ll say this. If the season goes to ****. I wanna see both MR and duck.

Don't question Coach's knowledge on QBs. Just take a look at what Baker has done this year. Coach has been spot on in that regard. Props to you Coach. You are a true QB guru.

And he's also lucky he hasn't been picked more than he has. His footwork will never be good. We are punting a lot this season. Rudy is a reason why. The defense has a top pass rush and playmakers in the secondary, they help him.

The Steelers have a lot of talent around him on both side of the ball.

Hey Dumb ***, before today, Berry was tied for 26th in punts attempted.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Saying Mason is scared to throw deep is funny. The guy from an air raid offense, known for throwing deep all the time, and having the second highest completion percentage on deep throws coming out of college. That guy is scared to throw deep?

He sure didn’t look scared to throw deep through half the game. Then they get the lead the throws become bubble screens and short throws to the running backs. Suddenly, the Steelers are down 23-24 and Mason then throw a couple of intermediate passes to Washington and a big bomb that had a PI called on it. The Steelers then get the lead and out comes the runs up the middle and bubble screens again.

I may not be able to break down complex offensive and defensive schemes but I can definitely see conservative play calling, especially when it’s that obvious.

Mason did not have a lot of time and he dropped the ball underneath many times, so maybe these wide outs just cannot get open. Some of the calls with running up the middle and then on third down throws puts Mason in a bad situation for amount he has played. Look we started off placing the Colts off balance of when we threw, , screens and running off tackle in miss direction of fullback blocks, Then same oh same oh. I say the coaching staff played not to lose and about backfired on them

Can’t deny that Mason isn’t afraid to take a hit. Very impressed with the one throw where the rusher was right in his face and he got the ball off. The replay showing his eyes looking right through the rusher was impressive.

I'm old and remember things. Rudolph is still better than Mark Malone, Cliff Stoudt, David Woodley, Scotty Campbell, Steve Bono, Todd Blackledge, Jim Miller, and Kent Graham.

Mason does not throw over the middle and does not throw into tight windows. They're using him as a game manager in the purest sense of the terms because they don't want him turning the ball over. It's sort of working, but it's frustrating to watch.

Mason does not throw over the middle and does not throw into tight windows. They're using him as a game manager in the purest sense of the terms because they don't want him turning the ball over. It's sort of working, but it's frustrating to watch.

I hadn't said anything, but I too noticed the lack of middle of the field throws. You know what else you don't see...out routes. Those are tough due to the timing.

Our starting wide receivers had a grand total of 19 yards.

The defense and special teams scored 13 points the offense had little to do with. Or was it more than that?

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

I hadn't said anything, but I too noticed the lack of middle of the field throws. You know what else you don't see...out routes. Those are tough due to the timing.

The thing is our wr corps isn’t exactly full of vets either... between the 2nd year qb and glut of young wrs the coaches are gonna live in their fears... what I don’t get is why they don’t utilize the te packages more... thats textbook football 101 with a young qb...

I'm old and remember things. Rudolph is still better than Mark Malone, Cliff Stoudt, David Woodley, Scotty Campbell, Steve Bono, Todd Blackledge, Jim Miller, and Kent Graham.

Lmao. Graham. Two left feet

Our starting wide receivers had a grand total of 19 yards.

The defense and special teams scored 13 points the offense had little to do with. Or was it more than that?

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Cool we should trade for soon to be 1st round bust baker mayfield... he can force the ball to wrs and throw fewer tds and more interceptions that are his fault... that would be awesome...

Can’t deny that Mason isn’t afraid to take a hit. Very impressed with the one throw where the rusher was right in his face, and he got the ball off. The replay showing his eyes looking right through the rusher was impressive.

Yeah, he has always had that quality. The awful QB's pull their eyes down and are considering self-preservation. Hopefully, as the season progresses "the brain trust" will get out of his way and let the kid throw.

Better than all of them put together. Jesus, I forgot about Blackledge, what a turd.

And Tomzcack and Landry and a bunch of backups in the Ben era. And if given time maybe Kordell and Maddox. The play calling was more or less *** as was the deployment of players. He had a pick off of his best receivers hands. He did what he had too. And he is a ways from being able to do more.

The thing is our wr corps isn’t exactly full of vets either... between the 2nd year qb and glut of young wrs the coaches are gonna live in their fears... what I don’t get is why they don’t utilize the te packages more... thats textbook football 101 with a young qb...

I hear ya. I really like JuJu and DJ. It was good to see Washington play well today. I think if you add up all their ages, you might get to 65. I am glad to see some I formation with Rosie. Alas, I formation in todays pro game has limitations to be consistent. I agree with you on the 2 TE sets.