• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Never forget

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
As the next election cycle approaches, never forget that the house included 25 million dollars in the covid relief bill to help hedge their personal benefits package.

While the money does not go directly to congress member salary increases, it is available for Congress members to pay for additional child and health care at their homes, additional networking and telecomuting technologies for their personal use and to pay any additional staff members they may require in this time of national distress.

It should also be noted that there is no specification for what should be done with that money if it is NOT used in the above stated manner.

In short they gave themselves a slush fund for toys and staff and if it isn't spent that way they can do whatever they want with it.

Remember that when you vote. This isn't just a D vs R issue this is the People vs the Aristocracy issue.

Reactions: JMM
And just so you can have the info yourselves:

HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

Salaries And Expenses

For an additional amount for “Salaries and Expenses”, $25,000,000, to remain available until September 30, 2021, except that $5,000,000 shall remain available until expended, to prevent, prepare for, and respond to coronavirus, domestically or internationally, to be allocated in accordance with a spend plan submitted to the Committee on Appropriations of the House of Representatives by the Chief Administrative Officer and approved by such Committee: Provided, That such amount is designated by the Congress as being for an emergency requirement pursuant to section 251(b)(2)(A)(i) of the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985.

Please note, that as worded, only 5 million is to be held for the below... The rest...? Well you work it out.

As Evan Hollander, a communications director for the House Appropriations Committee, explained, these funds were not allocated to provide pay increases to House members: “The $25 million funding is to support the House’s capability to telework, including for the purchase of equipment and improvements to the network,” he said. The allocation also provides money to cover the cost of paying the staff of the House Child Care Center, food service contracts, paying the House sergeant-at-arms. “None of the funds will go to member salaries, which are paid directly from the Treasury pursuant to the Constitution,” Hollander verified.

I wish I had even a fraction of the confidence you have in American voters, wig. The voters keep re-electing this blithering moron to Congress, year after year after year after year.

iu

Sheila Jackson-Lee (D), Chair of the Congressional Coronavirus task
force, shows us how to wear a face mask.

Or not.

I wish I had even a fraction of the confidence you have in American voters, wig. The voters keep re-electing this blithering moron to Congress, year after year after year after year.

iu

Sheila Jackson-Lee (D), Chair of the Congressional Coronavirus task
force, shows us how to wear a face mask.

Or not.

Lol. Everywhere.

Dude I had i front of me, kinda older, had that purple crown bottle bag around his ears and dangled over his face. I tried to get a photo