• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

New York Senate Passes Bill Legalizing Abortions Up to Birth

Isaiah 5:20

Woe to those who call evil good
and good evil,
who put darkness for light
and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
and sweet for bitter.

Sounds like something out of the Quran....

Sounds like something out of the Quran....

Old testament. And that verse pretty much describes the conflict in America to absolute perfection. Good is evil and evil is portrayed as good. The sign of our times.

Republicans pound abortion 'infanticide' message

Republicans’ amped-up focus on so-called late term abortions has brought new energy to the issue for their conservative base — forcing Democrats to respond to rhetoric about infanticide.

The GOP plans to keep at the message through the 2020 election, even if they lose the battle in Congress to pass a “Born-Alive Abortion Survivors” bill, H.R. 962, that abortion-rights advocates warn could add new pain to already wrenching medical decisions. President Donald Trump’s charge this week that Democrats “don’t mind executing babies AFTER birth.”

Democrats are “taking a barbaric position,” said Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.), the No. 2 Republican in the House. “It's a radical far-left shift they’ve taken and, frankly, most Americans are sickened by that.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/02/republicans-abortion-infanticide-1231437

Republicans pound abortion 'infanticide' message

Republicans’ amped-up focus on so-called late term abortions has brought new energy to the issue for their conservative base — forcing Democrats to respond to rhetoric about infanticide.

The GOP plans to keep at the message through the 2020 election, even if they lose the battle in Congress to pass a “Born-Alive Abortion Survivors” bill, H.R. 962, that abortion-rights advocates warn could add new pain to already wrenching medical decisions. President Donald Trump’s charge this week that Democrats “don’t mind executing babies AFTER birth.”

Democrats are “taking a barbaric position,” said Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.), the No. 2 Republican in the House. “It's a radical far-left shift they’ve taken and, frankly, most Americans are sickened by that.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/02/republicans-abortion-infanticide-1231437

And they should. The majority of people will find this repulsive and evil beyond belief. Good people can not stand by and let this stuff happen anymore.

As a formerly brainwashed liberal i would have probably rationalized it that no one would ever do such a thing and that the law is just written to the extent for leverage or something.

Being as i no longer support abortion as birth control, i am so disturbed by their cavalier attitude toward this savagry. Let alone the actual acts taking place. It gives me nightmares.

As a formerly brainwashed liberal i would have probably rationalized it that no one would ever do such a thing and that the law is just written to the extent for leverage or something.

Being as i no longer support abortion as birth control, i am so disturbed by their cavalier attitude toward this savagry. Let alone the actual acts taking place. It gives me nightmares.

I'm glad you crossed over to our side!!!

As a formerly brainwashed liberal

giphy.gif

What are you conservatives whining about? There is clear proof of life in late term pregnancies... the Dems just served up the perfect counter to Roe Vs Wade on a silver platter to a conservative supreme court that really cannot ignore it... states don’t have the right to terminate self sustaining lifes on whims... its really why old school abortion proponents never fought too hard for this....

And Alabama was just an escalation off of this... had New York not pushed the envelope then the other states wouldn’t be basically doing the same thing in the opposite direction....

There is a pregnancy problem called preeclampsia that happens near the last month of pregnancy whereby the mother experiences
severe swelling, rapid weight gain and high blood pressure. In most cases they will induce labor early, but in some cases the Mother's life
could be at risk. I believe that is what the NY law covers. Not a preferred abortion, but an abortion to save the life of the Mother.

Listen dude, in NY state, you can be under 18 and get an abortion that doesn't have to be performed by a licensed doctor without parental consent.

However, if you are 47 and try to buy spray paint or super glue, you have to be over 21 AND provide ID that proves it.

Bizarre.

There is a pregnancy problem called preeclampsia that happens near the last month of pregnancy whereby the mother experiences
severe swelling, rapid weight gain and high blood pressure. In most cases they will induce labor early, but in some cases the Mother's life
could be at risk. I believe that is what the NY law covers. Not a preferred abortion, but an abortion to save the life of the Mother.

I had preeclampsia. We never once discussed aborting my daughter. I was on bed rest for two weeks and if my symptoms they monitored had worsened they would have delivered her early via c-section not aborted her.

The thing is, the New York law doesn't say "life of the mother". It says "health of the mother". And pro-lifers (maybe rightfully so) don't like that ambiguity. Who decides what part of the woman's health allows late term abortion? Bleeding? Headaches? PUPS?

Look, I'm a pro-choice conservative here, but once again the New York law tried to nibble at allowing late term abortions for really no reason other than to appease the very far left on the abortion issue. Those feminazi's that think as long as the baby is in my womb, I can do whatever the **** I want.

Even you have to admit that's kind of a sneaky ******* convenient "change" in the wording of the law. And you and I both know that changed for only one reason.

I had preeclampsia. We never once discussed aborting my daughter. I was on bed rest for two weeks and if my symptoms they monitored had worsened they would have delivered her early via c-section not aborted her.

That's why 21's argument doesn't hold water, a c-section would be the logical option for someone actually wanting the birth.

That's why 21's argument doesn't hold water, a c-section would be the logical option for someone actually wanting the birth.

This is the daughter with a B.S. in accounting from Iowa State University's accredited business school. She secured a well-paid job with great benefits in her field. To think that someone in my situation would consider aborting a child rather than delivering it c-section is disgusting.

Everyone has varying degrees of preeclampsia, depending on how high the blood pressure is going. The major concern is major organ failure in the Mother, particularly the kidneys.
So permanent health of Mother can be a consideration.

Doctor abortions will become rare and obsolete. Medications are becoming the method used to induce miscarriages. A women never even has to see a Dr. to take a pregnancy test at home and get the medications to induce
the miscarriage, which she can also take at home. Science will give women control of their bodies, if governments refuse to butt out.

Everyone has varying degrees of preeclampsia, depending on how high the blood pressure is going. The major concern is major organ failure in the Mother, particularly the kidneys.

Doctor abortions will become rare and obsolete. Medications are becoming the method used to induce miscarriages. A women never even has to see a Dr. to take a pregnancy test at home and get the medications to induce
the miscarriage, which she can also take at home. Science will give women control of their bodies, if governments refuse to butt out.

The abortion pill will not work with fetuses over 14-16 weeks. You have to D&E it once it's dead.

Look, I'm a huge fan of the abortion pill and morning after pill, when used correctly and per instructions because at least those abortions are (likely) within the first 6-8 weeks of pregnancy. And I don't have a real moral issue with terminating pregnancies that early.

I do agree that trying to use the abortion pill on later pregnancies is cruel and inhumane and has a high likelihood of harming the mother.

In my opinion, the answer is down the middle: You make abortions within the first 12 weeks incredibly easy to get (and inexpensive). That is the most humane way to end a pregnancy. I would make abortions legal between 12-16 weeks. Between 16-20 weeks you need a letter from both an Obstetrician and Pediatrician that the health of the baby and health of the mother are at risk and there are legitimate reason for termination.

After 20 weeks, no abortions unless the life of the mother is at risk.

16 weeks is 4 months. That's enough time to figure out you're pregnant and enough time to make a decision. After that, you are committed to at least trying to have the baby.

That's a law I would accept. And is down the middle with the laws we're seeing all over the place.

The abortion pill will not work with fetuses over 14-16 weeks. You have to D&E it once it's dead.

Look, I'm a huge fan of the abortion pill and morning after pill, when used correctly and per instructions because at least those abortions are (likely) within the first 6-8 weeks of pregnancy. And I don't have a real moral issue with terminating pregnancies that early.

I do agree that trying to use the abortion pill on later pregnancies is cruel and inhumane and has a high likelihood of harming the mother.

In my opinion, the answer is down the middle: You make abortions within the first 12 weeks incredibly easy to get (and inexpensive). That is the most humane way to end a pregnancy. I would make abortions legal between 12-16 weeks. Between 16-20 weeks you need a letter from both an Obstetrician and Pediatrician that the health of the baby and health of the mother are at risk and there are legitimate reason for termination.

After 20 weeks, no abortions unless the life of the mother is at risk.

16 weeks is 4 months. That's enough time to figure out you're pregnant and enough time to make a decision. After that, you are committed to at least trying to have the baby.

That's a law I would accept. And is down the middle with the laws we're seeing all over the place.

Don’t try to bring logic or moderation to this subject.. im pretty sure only hyperbole and rhetoric are allowed by law...

You realize your argument is the same one as the rape argument for abortions in general? The tail that wags the dog. Less than 1% of all rapes are due to abortion and incest. Yet all of you brainwashed Liberal harpies run around screaming about the rapes...to justify abortions of convenience.

The same situation here. You are, like a typical liberal, screaming about preeclampsia to justify women killing babies the day before they are born. Knowing full well that when this system gets rolling, thousands will be conveniently murdered because 1 woman had preeclampsia.

You all are sick.

I bet you won't hear much about this one, Its a Dem doing the signing

Louisiana governor signs 6-week abortion ban into law

The Louisiana House of Representatives passed the bill on Wednesday, sending it to the governor's desk for signature in order for it to become law. Gov. John Bel Edwards, a Democrat, has been vocal in his support for an abortion ban and signed the bill Thursday afternoon, his press office confirmed to ABC News.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/louisiana-set-latest-state-sign-abortion-ban-law/story?id=63370943