• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

No more anchor babies.

HE'S MIND ******* THE LIBS AGAIN

4D chess LOL, right before the elections

Forcing liberals to debate whether amendments actually mean what they say. This won't stand up but makes for good entertainment

Im not really for this at all... and for the record although there was a phase it wasn’t interpreted as it is now... it went to this because it was seen as original intent. Im 10000000000% sure if trump uses an executive order to try to define constitutional amendments im going to hear all you conservatives whine like hell when liberals get the presidency and use it to gut gun control and everything else they don’t like..

Its a ******* BAD idea to set this precedent... it is a short term **** you to the other side that will have long term consequences like scrapping the filibuster or trimming judge votes to simple majority...

Just remember.... BAAAD Idea... told you so... bookmark it

If you want tge 14th amendment changed... call a damn constitutional convention as it was designed... quit trying to make a king and ruin checks and balances

Im not really for this at all... and for the record although there was a phase it wasn’t interpreted as it is now... it went to this because it was seen as original intent. Im 10000000000% sure if trump uses an executive order to try to define constitutional amendments im going to hear all you conservatives whine like hell when liberals get the presidency and use it to gut gun control and everything else they don’t like..

Its a ******* BAD idea to set this precedent... it is a short term **** you to the other side that will have long term consequences like scrapping the filibuster or trimming judge votes to simple majority...

If you want tge 14th amendment changed... call a damn constitutional convention as it was designed... quit trying to make a king and ruin checks and balances

The constitution does not say that it's ok for families to enter the USA illegally just to give birth here so they can all stay. Illegally. No other country in the world allows that.

I agree with Indy on this point. Trump is using an executive order to stop a practice that was never constitutional in the first case. Gun rights are constitutional.

Though I do agree, when Obama began signing executive orders more often than he grabbed toilet paper, we started far far down the slippery slope. This will continue and it will get worse.

Libs head are gonna explode. I agree that anchor babies need to get banned. The problem with the XO is that Libs will try to XO the 2A with the same type of logic. Its a slippery slope but if it leads to good legislation then lets get it done. Illegal immigrants should not be getting access to tax dollars to pay for services.

Reactions: MTC
I agree with Indy on this point. Trump is using an executive order to stop a practice that was never constitutional in the first case. Gun rights are constitutional.

Though I do agree, when Obama began signing executive orders more often than he grabbed toilet paper, we started far far down the slippery slope. This will continue and it will get worse.

Word for word that is exactly what the 14th amendment says though... all persons born here have citizenship. I don’t have a problem with this practice and feel like from initial reactions to this article I parrot the moderate center... so what does this announcement accomplish before the midterms... you alienate people with a strategy that likely won’t work in the supreme court?

I mean spikes point that it could be a backdoor plan to solidify the second amendment with precedent in the court through a liberal backed ruling might hold muster if I thought they were that devious, but I don’t... I think its just a really bad plan that won’t work and if it does it moves the executive branch too far ahead in checks and balances...

"Anchor baby" is a term for a child born in the United States to a foreign national mother that unlawfully resided in the United States at the time of the child's birth

I have a middle of the road view here. NO, they should not be granted citizenships right automatically, however if they are willing to serve in the armed forces for 4 years, or offer volunteer work for 2,500 hours for State and Federal causes that will help make America great again, okay, they earned it as long as they have committed no crimes, and can pass a citizens test given in English.

I'll define state and federal causes as caring for the elderly helping out day care centers, being mobilized to help natural disasters, cleaning up the environment, Ect...FOR FREE.

Last edited:
Word for word that is exactly what the 14th amendment says though... all persons born here have citizenship.

Yep. And the Left has weaponized this. You've heard of the maternity tourism business worth billions? Maternity hotels? All aimed at working this Amendment to aid families in seeking US Citizenship - i.e., to circumvent proper immigration law?

Libs head are gonna explode. .

AYEP!

Graham to introduce legislation ending birthright citizenship

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said on Tuesday that he will introduce legislation to end birthright citizenship after President Trump suggested he could do so through an executive order.

"Finally, a president willing to take on this absurd policy of birthright citizenship. I’ve always supported comprehensive immigration reform – and at the same time – the elimination of birthright citizenship," Graham said in a string of tweets.

He added that he plans "to introduce legislation along the same lines as the proposed executive order" from Trump. Congress is out of session until Nov. 13.

His announcement comes hours after Trump said in an interview released Tuesday that he will sign an executive order intended to end the practice of birthright citizensh

https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-act...thright-citizenship?__twitter_impression=true

Agree with your points almost 100% until I remember Harry Reid's nuclear option and Obumas pen and phone. The dems will never cease to use questionable tactics to achieve their goals, even if it backfires on them years later. So playing hard ball levels the playing field. As to the anchor babies you'd have to consider first that momma was here illegally to begin with. The wording of the 14th doesn't take this into account so it may be open to review all the way to SCOTUS.

Liberals need to come to terms that the laws they have created in blue areas does nothing but bankrupt large cities or put a strain on states.

People are moving out of the deep blue states. The birth rate is declining in blue states even among minorities which in the past had larger families. It’s the economics of the situation.

Trump won 23 of the top 25 states with the highest birth rates. Trump has positioned the Supreme Court to the right for the next 20 years, and he’s attacking their gravy train, with much needed tax cuts to the working and middle class. Working and Middle Class families should understand that voting Democratic will cost their families on average $2,500 a year of the tax laws are reversed. The money of course redistributed back to Democratic interests.

This is why the left wants illegals granted citizenship rights. They scoop them, place them on the USA social net American tax payers pay and tell them vote for us, or you lose your benefits.

Trump’s wall if built will help end pandering to non-Americans.

AYEP!

Graham to introduce legislation ending birthright citizenship

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said on Tuesday that he will introduce legislation to end birthright citizenship after President Trump suggested he could do so through an executive order.

"Finally, a president willing to take on this absurd policy of birthright citizenship. I’ve always supported comprehensive immigration reform – and at the same time – the elimination of birthright citizenship," Graham said in a string of tweets.

He added that he plans "to introduce legislation along the same lines as the proposed executive order" from Trump. Congress is out of session until Nov. 13.

His announcement comes hours after Trump said in an interview released Tuesday that he will sign an executive order intended to end the practice of birthright citizensh

https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-act...thright-citizenship?__twitter_impression=true

Lindsey Graham is the man!

Word for word that is exactly what the 14th amendment says though... all persons born here have citizenship. I don’t have a problem with this practice and feel like from initial reactions to this article I parrot the moderate center... so what does this announcement accomplish before the midterms... you alienate people with a strategy that likely won’t work in the supreme court?

I mean spikes point that it could be a backdoor plan to solidify the second amendment with precedent in the court through a liberal backed ruling might hold muster if I thought they were that devious, but I don’t... I think its just a really bad plan that won’t work and if it does it moves the executive branch too far ahead in checks and balances...

No word for word they don't depending on how you interrupt subject "to the legal jurisdiction thereof". A case can be made that this excludes illegals. I would like to see what the current SCOTUS would say.

I still have no issues with anyone born and raised here being a voting citizen. I think a large swath of moderates feel as I do. I think the feeling that moderates back removing illegal adults here is being misinterpreted as backing a carte-blanche assult on migrants is wrong... i think these actions jeopardize the latino republican movement...

Again, as a proponent of the impending third party on its way as you all over polorize your parties... I am not fighting it, but this is absolutely a long term **** up for Republicans...

The annual birthrate of illegal aliens in our country is HIGHER than the rate of American citizens.

Revoking birthright citizenship would have immediate and far-reaching consequences. It would mean the children of illegal aliens, even if born in the United States, would not be bestowed U.S. citizenship upon birth. It would also likely deter the practice of foreigners having “anchor babies,” where they aim to give birth to children on U.S. soil so as to obtain U.S. citizenship for their children at birth.

In fact, the anchor baby population–those born in the United States to at least one illegal alien parent–has skyrocketed in recent years. According to a recent Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report, the total anchor-baby population now exceeds the annual number of U.S. citizen births from American citizens.

The anchor baby stuff should never have been an issue, now that it is...OK Donald, bring it out and let's fix it.

Anchor-Baby-Patrol-56a74daa5f9b58b7d0e8d96a.jpg

Meh, let the babies be citizens. Send the parents home. Tjey either leave the kid behind or transfer his citizenship to Mexico, or wherever

That's the problem Ark. Illegal aliens who don't have a legal status with anchor babies now become eligible for government benefits because of their kids and they are here forever. Come here legally and there's no issue. This is a loophole that needs closed. LEGAL immigration is fine. Illegal, not so much

That's the problem Ark. Illegal aliens who don't have a legal status with anchor babies now become eligible for government benefits because of their kids and they are here forever. Come here legally and there's no issue. This is a loophole that needs closed. LEGAL immigration is fine. Illegal, not so much

Yeah, why should our tax dollars be used to raise their kids?

Libs head are gonna explode. I agree that anchor babies need to get banned. The problem with the XO is that Libs will try to XO the 2A with the same type of logic. Its a slippery slope but if it leads to good legislation then lets get it done. Illegal immigrants should not be getting access to tax dollars to pay for services.

Yep.
Especially here, west of the Mississippi in general; we have a lot of free loading illegals

Because they vote Democrat for the free handouts. Once Trump closes this loophole for anchor babies he can close the government handout programs too. Lets tidy this ******* country up from the freeloaders.

That is my point. Send the parents home. They aren't going to leave their kid behind. Well, presumably

I saw something on Live PD about six months ago. They were in Mission Texas with the sheriff's department. A deputy was dispatched to stop and hold a group of illegals there. The deputy found them, there was about 10 or 15. One case was a young woman and a juvenile boy. And it didn't look like she was accompanied by an adult male. The first thing she told the deputy was she was pregnant. And the deputy said be sure to tell that to the border patrol agent. Now how dare she do something like that. Now she might be able to get a job at Motel 6 for a few months but then she has to take time off for her Anchor Baby. Then she'll be able to get aid from the state for the rest of her life.