• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Not seeing this story on the front page, so....

Agreed. But good to know Troy can slide to the left if Jones is knocked out of a game
In general you do not make two offensive line moves for one injury. I'd say Moore is substandard or they would not have picked a T two years in a row. That said he has like 50 starts and two playoff games.

A sight that shall not be named is reporting that Khan is confirming Troy Fauntanu to start at right tackle this upcoming season.

Nice to hear sense coming out of Tomlin land.
I like that! I think this young man would anchor that RT spot for years. Very strong and athletic guy.
Now please let’s get Broderick in at LT and either keep Dan Moore on the bench or try and trade him.

In general you do not make two offensive line moves for one injury. I'd say Moore is substandard or they would not have picked a T two years in a row. That said he has like 50 starts and two playoff games.
Typically I would agree. But Troy is a legit LT. Moorehead well for where he was drafted, but has never really been close to good

I like that! I think this young man would anchor that RT spot for years. Very strong and athletic guy.
Now please let’s get Broderick in at LT and either keep Dan Moore on the bench or try and trade him.
Barring a camp injury to a tackle, I 10000% try to trade Moore if either dylan cook or Spenser Anderson are viable backups... moore honestly may return the fourth we spent on him.. or at least a fifth... people crave Tackles that can start without utterly imploding.. and despite his rep on these boards.. Moore is a low level starter..

Barring a camp injury to a tackle, I 10000% try to trade Moore if either dylan cook or Spenser Anderson are viable backups... moore honestly may return the fourth we spent on him.. or at least a fifth... people crave Tackles that can start without utterly imploding.. and despite his rep on these boards.. Moore is a low level starter..
He is low level you are right. But probs worth keeping around. Not sure what his trade value would be

I'm glad to know that Chaka Kahn is making these decisions and not Tomlin.

Typically I would agree. But Troy is a legit LT. Moorehead well for where he was drafted, but has never really been close to good
But it's all about getting the most out of the five so in the hypothetical of a Jones injury you might be better off leaving Moore at his natural position and taking a dip there then where he might be God awful. Left and right have different footwork and hand punch. They won more games then they lost with Moore at left tackle. I'd be surprised if they did a double switch.

Normally I don't like giving up depth, but the Steelers have a couple of pretty big holes on the roster and if they can fill one by moving Moore for another starter, they should consider.

Normally I don't like giving up depth, but the Steelers have a couple of pretty big holes on the roster and if they can fill one by moving Moore for another starter, they should consider.
For a number 2 WR for me yes. For a DE same caliber perhaps. Not sure beyond that.

The key words are "low level starter," which, to me, means you don't plan him as your starter, you only put up with him in an emergency. He is simply too poor to start otherwise., even though Tomlin didn't grasp this. All 3 seasons he started in Pgh he was ranked at the bottom of the OT list.

You have to take into consideration that Fautanu, while played LT, his QB was left handed. So technically he’s the strong side protector. With a right handed QB he naturally would slide over to the right side. Jones would take the LT spot. Not that it matters though, Fautanu has excellent technique with his hands and has superb mobility for his size. With all these huge bodies on the line, and Smith’s propensity to use 2 TE sets, woukdnt be surprised if he brought in the wish bone as a set play! Of course I’m being facetious, but it sure looks like the rush offense is going to be road grading/pound the rock punch you in the mouth football.

The key words are "low level starter," which, to me, means you don't plan him as your starter, you only put up with him in an emergency. He is simply too poor to start otherwise., even though Tomlin didn't grasp this. All 3 seasons he started in Pgh he was ranked at the bottom of the OT list.
Pff stats for olinemen are garbage... its not worth really discussing that... just remember how absolutely panned Green was and we found a suitor for him... there is a drastic need for olinemen in the league.. high talent big guys arent playing football like they did before.. and we probably have a rep for not getting the most out of OL players these days...

As for people saying to keep him for depth... depth is great, but you have to balance depth with future. Moore is a ufa in the offseason and wont be back. He hasnt been very position flexible to date. The oline is really stacked... barring injury...
at Starting Center you have Zach Frazier ( at some point, at least)
At starting Guard you have Daniels and Seumalo.
Atcthe two tackle spots you have Broderick Jones and Troy Fautanu. All those are locks even if some of them dont start from day 1...

Thats 5...,
Nate Herbig may as well be a lock.. he plays all three IOL spots and they could need him to start the season at C..
thats 6...
McCormick was a 4th rounder... he isnt a lock but he is definitely gonna get every benefit of the doubt to make the team.
Assuming he makes it, that is 7
Spenser Anderson plays all 5 spots very well, so they say... its hard not to see him on this roster. He straight up made it last year and tge coaches gush about him..

That is 8... we are probably only keeping 9

So we either keep Moore, who is limited in position, and looking to cash in after the season, or we keep Dylan cook.. a third year guy who was a deep development project... he was converting from QB iirc... Cook has huge upside and the staff kept him on the roster all season rather than risk losing him last year, though he never played one snap

If cook, who plays all the spots except C but is primarily an OT, is going to stay... then moore has no real place left on the roster.. he either gets cut or traded

Definitely, In my coaching days I always said “you don’t make a hole,…. To fill a hole”.

Salute the nation